Xchanging Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Wilson

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance gets distorted (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management team is a joke (in 17 reviews)

1. "MM4"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has been a crazy ride here at MM4 but a few things have stayed true. The senior management team is open with us and that is apparent from the honest conversations and frequent updates on progress. There is still opportunity to learn and grow, thanks to the managers investing in their employees. The culture of MM4 has been tested but remains intact with the fun, energetic, hard-working individuals at this company.

Cons

The most recent acquisition has been tough on the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us and being open about where we stand. Remember what made us great and keep pushing for it!

2. "Worked for the MM4 division...stay clear of this company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Located in the heart of the Chicago financial district.

Cons

Senior management team is a joke. Sit through a meeting with the CEO and you'll know what I mean.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Get to know your most valuable employees.

3. "Associate Sourcing Manager"

Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to collaborate with entrepreneurial-minded and smart people.

Cons

There was a disconnect between the North American branch in Chicago and the UK part of the company. There wasn't clear communication about how financially healthy the company was, etc.

Advice to Management

Provide more details to all parts of the business about the financial state of the company.

"Conflicts of Interest in Upper Management"

Former Employee - Supplier Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supplier Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place has great benefits at little cost to the employee. Also working with a staff of young professionals made me feel comfortable expressing my ideas.

Cons

Upper management is lacking- TERRIBLY. They would say one thing about the company being in stable financial stable condition then start with a round of layoffs. When I started working there, I was assured the company was in a great financial state. After not being there more than 3 months the layoffs started. I received glowing reviews from suppliers & my team lead. As a result I was then chosen as one of the layoffs before my 1 year there was even up. There were also tons of conflicts of interest when i came to employee preformance. One employee was barely at his desk running around the office gossiping with other departments but because of his relationship with the manager of my team he was not even spoken to in regards to his performance.

Advice to Management

Clean the house and start fresh. Like I said, terrible upper management. Needs to be reworked ENTIRELY.

"Xchanging - Mass Confusion"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are at no cost to employee. Close to Union Station.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Clean house. All upper management needs to go.

Jun 20, 2016 – .

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments have been passed to the senior management team.

"Tumultuous times creates opportunity"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In any business there will be peaks and valleys and yes, recently this organization underwent some drastic changes and several staffing loses. However, the changes have created nothing but opportunity for promotion, for people to step up to the plate, and upward mobility. Xchanging provides the opportunities to make a name for yourself and the space and flexibility to show what you've got and how you can develop strategies and execute with outside the box thinking. This IS NOT your typical "in the box", cookie cutter, gray cubicle, environment surrounded by stagnant procedures and corporate red tape. And that's a good thing.

Cons

Change management is lacking, as evidenced by the recent departures, negatively impacting those that remain. However, lessons are being learned, but will take time to implement improvements.

Advice to Management

Develop contingencies to alleviate the impact on remaining staff when redundancies are inevitable. SOPs for standard procedures and a development or advancement plan to condition and train people to step up to the plate or next level so as to reduce the negative impact that is created when someone leaves the organization and ease transitions into new roles.

Apr 12, 2016 – .

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we are glad to hear Xchanging has given you the opportunity to develop your career.

"Open and Honest, but change is coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior Management is very honest on your opportunities within the organization. The employees are probably the best I have been around when it comes to a great office atmosphere and open mindedness. The skills sets vary, but helps to build collaboration and support. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. I have no insight into the rest of the business

Cons

There have been a lot of changes/restructuring over the last year leaving a lot of uncertainty in the employee's minds. This is still enforce in the new year with the potential acquisition of Xchanging by CSC. Lastly, with all the uncertainty, many folks are leaving and it makes me wonder about their ability to deliver. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. The rest of the business is doing well.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, especially at the time of restructuring and uncertainty.

9. "Do NOT Join The Chicago Office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

This review is about the Chicago office and not any other office of Xchanging.
    Nice and friendly people.

Cons

The Chicago office is basically a call center with a couple of technology people and senior management. The Procurement division has been moved into Technology division and they are laying off people everyday. Around the mid part of the year, they were laying off the lower level employees and now they the senior management people are getting laid off.

The technology platform is a mess and they rely on foreign development agencies to do all the work. These agencies have a lot of leverage on Xchanging and have turned things around to their benefit.

I have friends who are still at Xchanging Chicago and they tell me that people are quitting every day. The ones who are still there are looking for something else.

Avoid this disaster of a company.

Advice to Management

Shut shop and cut your losses. This company is beyond redemption.

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We're sorry to hear your points regarding the Chicago office, please be aware that your comments have been passed onto the senior management team.

"Terrible CEO and Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are incredibly lazy you would enjoy working here.

Cons

Terribly run organization with no direction, they change direction and lay people off every 6 months.

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We’re sorry to hear you felt this way during your time with Xchanging. It is important to Xchanging that employees feel secure in their roles and we have passed your feedback onto the Senior ... More

"Lack of clear direction and communication. Hostile Work Environment."

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the most brightest, hard-working and outright funnest people to call your colleagues and friends.

Cons

Certain members of management do not appear to be held accountable to the same standards of effective communication, respect and "a positive attitude" as lower employees are. There is no room for professional growth: Especially for certain employees based on favoritism, or lack their of, from certain members of management. The company has fired countless employees at random and provides no valid reasons for those terminations. Transparency and HONESTY are values this company does not hold themselves to. There is a lack of direction of where the company is heading. Faulty sale deals and false expectations of what the online platform and employees can do are commonplace and grossly affects the morale and positive outlook of this company's present and future.

Advice to Management

Take a good look of who is in management positions and why they are there: Ask your employees what can be done better to make their jobs more productive and of benefit to not only themselves, but the company as a whole. Suppress the hostile work environment that has created both fear and loathing of members of management. Create an environment that fosters better communication and accountability between lower employees and management.

Sep 11, 2015 – .

Thank you for leaving your feedback. Your comments have been passed onto the senior management team.