Xerox Reviews | Glassdoor

Xerox CEO Jeff Jacobson
Jeff Jacobson

5,244 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • hard to sustain work-life balance (in 90 reviews)

• There are no raises even if you change positions (in 193 reviews)

"Xerox Doesn't care about customers"

Current Employee - Technician in Garden City Park, NY
    Current Employee - Technician in Garden City Park, NY

Pros

It's a job where you get be outside a lot.

Cons

Poor compensation, employees are not treated like people; only as an expense.

Advice to Management

The bottom line is important, but the customer is more important.

"Layoff hard workers and keep dead head management."

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Southfield, MI

Pros

Execellent employees dedicated to customer satisfaction. Selling great products.

Cons

Still has top heavy management. Cutting work force eliminating good workers and keeping bad management.

Advice to Management

Cutting back on sales force and support created a down turn in selling to customer base. Better advertizing on what makes Xerox the best of the best. Sell the strong features on multi-processing in commercials in primetime like when Father Dominic carried the message of Xerox. Why Xerox because -- Solid construction -- caring support -- proven ground breaker. There are tons of reasons xerox is still number one!!! But cutting great employees to save money isn't one of them.

"BONE JOB!"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Norwalk, CT

Pros

The benefits are pretty decent.

Cons

There really is no advancement....

Advice to Management

Why are there over 30 people getting paid with stock options to be on board of directors?!!
    Anne M. sold over 22 million $ in options in 2006-2007, while we get 1.6 percent increase? WTF?!

5. "Find the right sales agency with good leadership or otherwise don't bother."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

Pros

Xerox is a great company if your looking to enter sales, but I have to say my experience was overall quite disappointing. I think the main reason for this was the nature and environment of my sales agency. I could tell there was potential with the company but it was difficult to attain and in the end not worthwhile for me to consider pursuing further.

Cons

Much of my criticism lays with the sales agency I worked for and my manager. My boss turned out to be the biggest jerk I ever met and had no idea how to manage or lead. I was constantly berated and personally insulted. He never seemed to understand the idea of "leading by example". The sales agency ground you down and were happy to get some leads from you before you decided to quit within a year. People in my agency were leaving after 1-2 months. At times I also felt I was answering to 3 managers at once-my boss, the VP, and the training manager. Its kinda hard to find direction and keep focus when you have three different people trying to tell you what to do.

Advice to Management

Bring the Xerox sales agencies under corporate control like RICOH.

"A really sucky place to work"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Rochester, NY

Pros

To earn money to pay rent

Cons

They treat you like crap and you can get laid off at anytime, the management is completely useless, my last boss was actually really creapy and I chose to leave the company rather than continue to work for him. The way they develop and test their software is completely backwards, as a tester I never knew or saw any of the developers working on the software, this is the stupidist thing I have ever heard.

Advice to Management

Fire all the middle management they are completely useless

7. "Xerox, swirling the drain!"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

To work with some of the quality people that are still around,unfortunately that is dwindling.

Cons

VRIFS,IRIFS,a belief that the company will either go under or sell out and forsake all the good employee's that are left. Xerox holds itself out that it has a good service force but treat the service force like they are easily replaceable which leads to poor morale and eroding away of the customer base.

Advice to Management

Firstly, decide if you want the cheapest service force you can have or keep the good people and treat them properly, produce quality equipment again, like fixing issue's when they are brought up instead of putting band aid's on the issue's, which do knowbody any service.

8. "Xerox & Ann Mulcahy screwed all their retirees"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Personal Satisfaction, pleasing customers, very talented people to work with

Cons

Benefits, they lied to us for 30+ years promising us benefits when we retired.

Advice to Management

Retirees were promised benefits when they retired. After we retired Ann Mulcahy totally stopped funding promised retiree benefits for their retirees. We are the ones who can least afford or plan for this disaster!!!

"Xerox, great name, but doesn't deliver :-("

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The name Xerox on your resume SPEAKS on your resume, but not sure that the internal stress and strain are work it. Xerox is an industry leader and does offer the most innovative products and solutions to the customer. The benefits package is good and comparable to most Fortune 500 companies. Great sales training in included for new hires.

Cons

Very, very complex to work here. Good sales training, but lack of good on the job training .... lots of administrative burdens and barriers. Lack of good internal knowledge base. From a sales perspective, Xerox is the most expensive player in the industry...office equipment is becoming more of a commodity. There will have to be some way Xerox deals with this, as there is only a certain amount of premium to pay for more value (especially in this economic downturn). Upper management disconnected from the sales force and customer perspectives and shifts in the industry.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the business and at the REAL barriers internally and externally. Think realistically how you are going to make internal changes to make Xerox a less complex place to work, and more competitive within the industry....

"Time for Xerox Management To Show Some Integrity"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Seattle, WA

Pros

Xerox offers excellent products & services with great people to back those up.

Cons

I thnk Xerox lost touch with the real world some time ago. Management still talks the same about moving forward with technology, being inovative, & offering customers services that will increase their business or effectiveness. Unfortunately they lost touch with the real people who deal with, communicate, & work directly with the customers on a daily basis. No one comes to ask us what we think about how business is going & what customers tell us about what they want & think, I think management would be surprised. There are too many broken, outdated, & complicated processes in place which hampers us from doing an effective job. We get in our own way with internal barriers that make daily work difficult. We used to feel valued & appreciated. Now it seems we are devalued as meanial task workers who may be laid off or reassigned new job roles that will most cetainly mean pay cuts, while corporate management still receives huge salaries & bonuses.

Advice to Management

I used to be proud to work for Xerox, now I doubt I will end this year being employed here. I know it is an extremely difficult time for all business & everyone is struggling, but come on Xerox Management, isn't it time for you to give up something?! Think of how many jobs would be saved if you gave up bonuses & pay raises for now also!? If a company is in such bad shape that the only way to cut costs is to lay off even one employee, how can any manager accept a bonus for doing a good job? A good job is when there is true profit from business increase & then all should share in bonuses & raises. Now is the time for the top to give some, as they have something to give and can most afford it. Taking from us, simply perpetuates the downward spiral the entire country is in.

"Glad to be gone!"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Used to be a great brand name excellent minority workplace great marketing huge customer base
    good partnerships board of directors intertwined with many other corporate boards which can be good for selling large deals and helping with international sales

Cons

terrible management depressing environment poor pay products not competitive Japanese brands have smoked brand x very unrealistic goal setting process and reviews
    never feel like part of the company sales are outsiders not part of the "A" team
    arbitrary territory changes and comp plan changes comp plan not competitive stock is worthless and business is poorly run from a financial standpoint

Advice to Management

go back to the basics focus on equipment innovation and pricing realize that the name isn't worth the premium the company tries to get for the products

Showing 5,244 of 5,454 reviews