50% would recommend to a friend
(8505 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Xerox
The Work-Life Bowl
a year ago
Hello all, I work as a Technical Service Representative at xerox. I got hired at 45K salary, within one year they gave a hike of $1600 in my total salary(which is equivalent to nothing). I don’t know what is the good time to ask for an increment. I am concerned because the last time someone asked for a hike in my team the supervisor literally laughed at him, and he was working for 5 yrs for the company. Every advice is appreciated. I need to act fast as everything is becoming expensive.
4 months ago
A close friend of mine just got laid off from his tech sales job. He has a background in SLEDG sales (State, local, Educational, Government), and specialized in procurement. He has also worked for Xerox selling equipment and services to Enterprise customers. He's in East Texas and is willing to travel all over the state and region for work. He'd prefer around 80k or full commission. He's young and handsome. I offered him work with me, but they'd require him to relocate and he has a family.
Got a burning question about Xerox? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Xerox employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Middle and lower managment people are really great people to work for especially in the engineering areas." (in 635 reviews)
- "My division had gaming consoles in the break rooms and other employees mentioned the benefits are good." (in 328 reviews)
- "Work Life Balance is good and there is room for growth" (in 290 reviews)
- "Great people and training really" (in 225 reviews)
- "Flexible work timings and work from home" (in 174 reviews)
- "Poor management and far from the city center" (in 537 reviews)
- "Management under the same pressure so they do understand... apart from the low pay." (in 326 reviews)
- "Low salary about $10/hour can go up to about $13 with good sales." (in 226 reviews)
- "Upper management is poor as they really have no idea what's REALLY taking place on the sales floor." (in 177 reviews)
- "Constant reorganizations and layoffs." (in 165 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Xerox and is not affected by filters.
Found 8,505 of over 9K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Dec 2, 2023Technical Support RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
Recruitment Assistance: The company has a recruitment process that helps candidates secure positions even if they haven't applied for specific roles. Access to Resources: Employees eventually gain access to a van and credit card, which could be beneficial for work-related tasks. Remote Work Option: There's an option to work from home, providing flexibility in the work environment. Previous Experience with Xerox Machines: If you have prior experience operating Xerox machines, it could contribute to a smoother transition into the role.
Unclear Expectations: Lack of clarity in job expectations and responsibilities, leading to confusion for new employees. Inadequate Orientation: Insufficient onboarding and orientation process, leaving employees to navigate their roles independently. Overwhelming Training: The extensive and overwhelming online training, particularly on outdated printers, may not align with the company's future direction. Delayed Access to Essential Resources: Obtaining crucial resources like a van and credit card took over a month for some employees. Additional Costs for Van: The van, initially presented as optional, comes with a mandatory $90 monthly fee for personal use, impacting overall compensation. Communication Challenges: Difficulty in reaching out to HR and payroll support, leading to frustration in obtaining necessary information. High Federal Taxes: Employees reported unusually high federal taxes, contributing to dissatisfaction with overall compensation. Limited Managerial Support: Challenges in receiving timely and helpful responses from management, impacting the overall support system.
- 2.0Dec 2, 2023Investment ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
Built skills and experience Client relationship
No growth opportunity No pay increases Toxic
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Client ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOttawa, ON
Great training, but relentless on sales activity levels.
Typical big corporation cons with multiple levels of management.
- 2.0Nov 26, 2023IT ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsRochester, NY
Nice people trying to make old tech current
Can’t trust management to make long term strategic decisions. Always focused on short term results vs long term success
Xerox Reviews FAQs
Xerox has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 9,348 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Xerox to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
50% of Xerox employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Xerox 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.