XpresSpa Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Ed Jankowski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Also the way that upper management talks about their employees behind their back like they do not exist is horrible (in 9 reviews)

• The corporate office does not have a collaborative feel (in 8 reviews)

"Massage therapist"

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Dallas, TX

I worked at XpresSpa part-time

Pros

made really good money, constant flow of clients

Cons

Long hours ( if you close you may end up staying until midnight if there were flight delays), parking was horrible, almost always got stopped by security, not allowed to sit, if you were in E terminal you would not make any money

Advice to Management

make shorter shifts

2. "As a current employee, XpresSpa has a great outlook on their employee's success!"

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly. There is opportunity to advance. Open office layout.

Cons

Communication needs help. Small space to execute certain projects. Lack of Training.

Advice to Management

Expand the teams in corporate, as the company expands.

"Inconsiderate"

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

I work at xpresspa phl. While the pay is good, working conditions and stipulations are not. Management decided to change the opening shift hours to an earlier without notifying employees and not putting into consideration that some employees have kids to take to school. There is usually only one MT for most of the day until closing shift. People are getting written up for lateness they can't control when they have children to take to school. The opening shift now has to report by 6:45 am with a 10min grace period. It used to be 7am with a 10mim grace period. There are a ton of people on the verge of being fired because of points. Vacation time was given to employees without notification and when putting in pto it was deniedamd people were written up and given points for unexcused absences. Not fair at all!

Advice to Management

Be more considerate

4. "massage therapist"

I worked at XpresSpa full-time

Pros

the co-worker is friendly, the work place is nice,

Cons

only get paid on commission

5. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time

Pros

New corporate management in the last year. The company is adding lots of new locations. Company is located in busy airports so there is always a lot of potential for clients. You get to meet people from all over the world.

Cons

I have not experienced any down sides.

6. "Unorganized and unprofessional"

I worked at XpresSpa full-time

Pros

Good health benefits and vacation time

Cons

Poor management and company has potential, but there decision to employee poor management shows the lack concern for staff.

Advice to Management

Hire management with people skills

"Worst Employer"

Former Employee - SPA Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SPA Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all, there is not one

Cons

Poor Management, Gossip/Drama, Low pay, Short breaks, High turnover rate, High amount of great yet disliked employees being fired

XpresSpa Response

Nov 10, 2017 – CEO

Hi This is Ed Jankowski the CEO I would love to talk with you to see what went wrong at XpresSpa Houston so we can improve on the employee experience. Please feel free to email me at... More

8. "Best company I have worked for so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work directly with the CEO and senior management (of both XpresSpa and the parent company), and they are a great team: down to earth, respectful and encouraging of work/family/life balance, innovative and constantly thinking of new ways to grow and expand the business. They are very mindful of maintaining a great company culture with continuous ideas of team-building events, activities, and meetings. Under previous ownership and management, the culture was not so great, but I see firsthand how hard Ed and team are working in genuine effort to turn it around, and it is certainly working.

I have worked in other companies that thrived on negativity and only acknowledged the wrong, and it made for a very toxic work environment which carried out in everyone's work and the customers/clients they faced on a daily basis. (This can truly affect employees' moods and they can take it home with them at the end of the day.) XpresSpa's CEO Ed Jankowski makes sure to express his appreciation for people and acknowledge their work and achievements, and that really contributes to a high employee morale. This is why I feel good coming to work everyday. Ed is intelligent, extensively experienced, as well as a great problem-solver and decision-maker- he is a stellar leader and I love working with him.

The CEO of the parent company told me something when I started that truly started me off on the right foot and is something I will always remember: "I am so glad you are here." More employers need to be saying this, because the more an employee feels appreciated, the more happy and productive they will be, which will surely be reflected in their work.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth of the company, everyone is extremely busy

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in listening to employees to iron out any remaining kinks

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at XpresSpa! The office culture is very open and inviting and everyone is extremely friendly and approachable. The Executives are constantly thinking of new and exciting team building exercises. There is a lot of growth opportunity because XpresSpa encourages all of its employees to take on more responsibility and move up in the company. For instance, Spa Techs can be come Spa Managers and Office Managers can become Marketing Managers. It feels like a big family that is constantly cheering each other on.

Cons

The only con is that corporate employees don't get to work with the field employees that often. Although, it is tough to get over 700 people together in one room!

10. "Home Office"

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time

Pros

Great energy , expanding rapidly , great leadership team . Good Culture ....Respect , connect , Care and Deliver ...

Cons

Always busy ...the day goes by so fast