XpresSpa Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 7, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Moreton Binn

Pros
  • The only pro was the interesting people you meet working in an airport (in 3 reviews)

• The people you meet and help really make it worth while (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the way that upper management talks about their employees behind their back like they do not exist is horrible (in 7 reviews)

• In each department in the corporate office, there is someone who will ask you to lie and blame others for responsibilities that are yours (in 6 reviews)

"Corporate employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Any pros to comment on

Cons

Management does not look after its employees, there is no development opportunity and employees turnover is high...

Advice to Management

Be humble

"Horrible non understanding company."

Former Employee - SPA Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - SPA Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly thought the girl that trained me and Dallas was a very nice person however the whole training procedure needs to be a lot better

Cons

I moved nine hours away to accept a position at this company in Chicago. I did a weeks worth of training in Dallas Texas which I had to put my dog up with a pet sitter to accommodate this training out of state as well. It was a few days later and which unfortunately a situation happen that I was assaulted and provided the police report as well which made a deadline late, which was the first one I was supposed to do myself after training. They told me that they are taking away my offer due to the fact of being late as I was dealing with the salt in which I experience the night before again with a verified police report. I move my whole life nine hours away to except this position I organize the whole spot at the O'Hare airport for them after finding employee new hire paperwork with people Social Security card numbers thrown at the cash wrap in a box in which anybody could get access to. I spent my own money on supplies to create a communication board for the employees so they had have all the information at their own convenience.
    Also the way that upper management talks about their employees behind their back like they do not exist is horrible.
    Also another thing that I found very funny is that with the woman that decided to take away the offer from me has only been with the company for under a month and when I told her about the assault she could care less that I was almost raped.
    Very unlawful and heart wrenching that this had happened. I am not done with this situation. How does a company do this to someone so soon after they up root their life to a brand new city.

"Not even if you're desperate..."

I worked at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro was the interesting people you meet working in an airport.

Cons

I cannot believe this company is still in business! The pay & hours are horrid, especially since you have to pay to park at the employee lot, and can't really bring proper food through security (there's no fridge to keep it anyways) There were several time I was not paid correctly and/ or late. Corporate could care less about their employees. They let go of anyone who tries to speak up and make a difference. If you file a complaint or make a report, you'll be gone in a week.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees- they see the day to day that you never bother to look at! You should double check the certifications of your therapist- some aren't valid!

"Immoral, uncomfortable, negative energy"

Pros

Unlimited time off : no one is ever counting what days you take and everyone scams the system , especially the "summer Friday's"
    If your looking for a easy job to bring in a mediocre paycheck this is defiantly the place
    You can leave for way over an hour for lunch

Cons

XpresSpa makes you question your morals and dignity. In each department in the corporate office, there is someone who will ask you to lie and blame others for responsibilities that are yours. Everyone is constantly gossiping who they want to fire next , but never actually do because no one wants to work at the company. Did not give raises becaus their doing so poorly, but then hire other positions tha they don't need. Everyone dislikes each other.

If you interview here ask how many employees stay there over one year? The answer you can count on one hand.

Advice to Management

Take a CLOSE look at your executive team and see if they are following rules and regulations of their department. Actually make the changes you talk about

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - SPA Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - SPA Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

Change is coming big time. Buy out and layoffs are about to hit be prepared.

Cons

C-Level management could care less about the staff.

Advice to Management

Take your $$$ an run hope you all look in the mirror...

"Worked there for a while. Made great money."

Former Employee - Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at XpresSpa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money, flexible schedule, great co workers, fast paced atmosphere

Cons

Promises made by management not upheld by corporate. Management not trained properly. Lots of unnecessary drama.Paying for parking a mile away then taking a shuttle, time spent going through security everyday. New management every 6 months.

"Plenty money risky job security"

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet amazing people. Coworkers can be petty at times. You can find awesome friends

Cons

I've been there less than a year and experienced 8 different managers. At one time there was nobody to run it. Paying for parking and going through TSA gets played out quick.

Advice to Management

Remember only the services that are provided is was keeps this company alive. You should be encouraging the staff because they are the reason your family eats. Your position generates $0.00 for xpresspa.

"Taught me a lesson"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at XpresSpa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was on par only to entice you to accept the position. A handful of nice people in corporate mostly just trying to cover their own hides.

Cons

Ceo/proprietor and patsys that surround him. Openly berate employees thinking money can be thrown at any problem and it will go away. Worse career move ever! Wish I could give negative stars.

Advice to Management

Ceo needs to leave and not be remotely involved in day to day operation. Silent owner.

"Manager"

Former Employee - SPA Manager
    Former Employee - SPA Manager

Pros

The company's upper management is friendly and accommodating.

Cons

The company doesn't work with you to solve issues even if the issue concerned other employees, at no fault of your own. They just fire you. Piece meal operation which lacks structure and details.

"Not Worth Sacrificing Your Mental Health"

I worked at XpresSpa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a chance to try new vocational tasks to expand your experience, basically because there is no kind of structure at corporate.

Cons

Executive management changes like the seasons. You have to start over with the new person and try to convince them that you have value while still meeting the conflicting agendas of your other bosses. There is no upside to this company, no corporate culture-the workers don't socialize outside of work or have any kind of camaraderie. The CEO is not a pleasant person to work with at all.

Advice to Management

retire.