Xpress Business Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "I love Xpress! I recieved a free college education! A/R CLERK COMMERCIAL COLLECTION"

Current Employee - A/R Clerk/Commercial Collector in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - A/R Clerk/Commercial Collector in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love my work environment, friendly helpful staff, willing to train beginners, I pretty much received a free college education from Xpress with all the knowledge and work experience I have now, great opportunities for growth within the company, and salary is great with many commission opportunities !

Cons

I don't really have any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

2. "AR Clerk"

Former Employee - AR/Commercial Collector in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - AR/Commercial Collector in Houston, TX

I worked at Xpress Business Products (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hours were great. Half day on day before Holidays No Overtime.

Cons

Company is so unorganized and Salary are really low paying

Advice to Management

Get your Company Organized and better Salaries.

3. "great job with a family feel in here"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with it's a pleasure to come to work and by the end of the day you isn't saying why i come in today .we only work Monday to friday 8-5 no nights or weekens.

Cons

going to get lunch is a pain in the butt because they is always working on the streets around here

Advice to Management

i'm the manager of my team and I think we as a whole is doing a great job...along side with Kayhan...

5. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great employer & co-workers are the best. We help each other all the time.
    I don't go to work, because I like showing up every day. I look forward to it.
    We always get paid on time & we get our commission on time too!!!!

Cons

I live kinda far out, if traffic wasn't so bad I could get there earlier.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. "Great organization to work for!"

I worked at Xpress Business Products full-time

Pros

I worked for Xpress for 2 and half years before moving out of state, and I must say that they are truly an organization that cares for their employees. The owner's have always been receptive to dialogue and worked to motivate all the various departments. If I did not have to move out of state, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! I wish the company and management all the best in their future endeavors.

Cons

No big Cons working here. The rules and expectations are laid out from the moment of the interview to the first day on the job. Do your job correctly and effectively and you are rewarded, it is as simple as that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what ya'll are doing. You guys have a great vision and I appreciate all the support that was given to me during the duration of my employment.

7. "Fantastic company to work for. I love my Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great upper management always willing and ready to help. There is a lot of room for advancement. You can make a very very decent living. I love working in a family environment. You can learn a multitude of business skills here as well. The owners are very friendly and will give you the shirt off their back to help their employees with whatever they need. I love my job.

Cons

none in my opinion

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it is fantastic

"Beware"

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Xpress Business Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many, except maybe that the staff is friendly.

Cons

Family-owned small company. Other reviews regarding how Xpress works are right on target. A highly unprofessional atmosphere. High turnover on the sales team. Basically impossible to make a living here.

Advice to Management

Pack it up or find someone professional to run the day to day operations.

9. "Nepotism rules"

Former Employee - Sales/Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales/Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge amount of freedom should you be producing well beyond the mediocre account manager.

Cons

Nepotism rules at this particular company as keep in mind it is a smaller family owned business and personal and emotional relationships oversede any logical business logic. There is no CRM software for tracking the potential client. The account manager has no access to files to see when and what a client is ordering so you must constantly bother customer service for this information. This is highly counter productive for both departments as account manager should at least be able to have access to at least view his/her current clients and see ordering history. If you do not sell items at a 15 percent gross profit margin the representative receives zero commission and this is a common pitfall as many office products are initially sold below this in order to attain the account. The company still makes a small profit while the sales person/account mgr gets zero for the sale. Huge mistake to have a mentor or trainer in direct competition with the other account managers as the manager is prone to providing zero help or training should one be doing well demonstrating that higher management is of a lesser caliber salesperson. The only two account managers with any history beyond a year are in a strong personal relationship with the owner. Other sales people come and go rapidly giving the appearance of just using the new hire temporarily to add to the account base and then finding a reason to terminate the newer account manager apparently just using the newer personnel that are typically a bit more desperate for a position than the state average. Quite honestly the list goes on.

Advice to Management

Get set up on CRM software, allow the account manager at least minimal access for viewing ordering history of current clients. There is never a forecast of accounts that are attainable for the sales rep/account manager to commit to acquiring thus causing a lack of focus on keeping the eye on the prize. Emotional management decisions many times prevail as opposed to logical/rational business decisions. Better communication between appointment setters and account manager/sales representatives as owner discourages any communication outside of just strictly job description capacity. Do not have a sales manager be the mentor or trainer for the newer sales personnel as if doing really well will turn away from the training mode as to not wanting to contribute to making the trainee even more productive as it is threatening to the higher person position.

10. "High turnover and Micro-management"

Pros

•It would be possible to make decent money if you grew your revenue high enough
    •The owners were investing a lot into the growth of the company

Cons

•VERY few benefits offered during my employment
    •Small fish, big pond
    •Diminishing salary
    •Only a $200 gas allowance was given IF you brought in $5000 in new business

Advice to Management

Find a way to keep employees. The intensity of your sales manager and lack of resources for growing your customer base made it easy to immediately start looking for something better.

11. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xpress Business Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experienced and understanding management, delightful coworkers, upward mobility!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!