Xtime Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Neal East

1. "Great environment overall"

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Xtime full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, great management, plenty of room to learn and grow.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings.

2. "Love My Job!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Xtime full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team to work with and as a Cox Auto company there are many avenues for career growth. I'm working on my 5th year here and hope to retire from this company.
    We can work from home during inclement weather.

Cons

We work from home during inclement weather.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You all are an inspiration to the team members.

"Run! don't walk near this workplace."

Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Team in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Xtime full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, free lunch on Thursday's free coffee. Company could do really well if they did something about the cons.

Cons

OEM and Dealership customer's constant and frequent complaints about products are frequently ignored. Focus of executives is on sales numbers and not much else. Employee moral sits between "not my problem" indifference and sticking around till I get my visa or another job. Outdated technology stack & toxic engineering talent combined with poor planning has resulted in massive amounts of technical debt and poor performing products. Planning efforts by PMs is constantly sabotaged and overridden. Communication between teams is random or non existent. Executives make promises and deals they can't deliver. Cox Automotive ownership change has made situation worse.

Advice to Management

Shore up your foundation before you start constructing the penthouse suite. Deal with your problems before creating more of them. LISTEN to you employees and customers for a change. Be honest about your companies ability to deliver before you make the next big promise. Superhero stickers are a humiliating response to bad employee morale and bad management.

"Loved the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Very strong team of execs who know what they are doing
    - Always great to be part of a winning team, and Xtime product seems to be a market leader on so many levels
    - Good work life balance

Cons

- Quality of people is not uniformly excellent in different parts of organization; I love my team but this may not be shared by everybody
    - Company as a whole is a bit slow; partially explained by the industry it plays in - automotive dealerships - which is very traditional and slow moving

"Finance Team"

Current Employee - Accountant in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Xtime full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Awesome team to work with. Everyone here works really hard. There are a lot of work to do and a lot of things to learn. As long as you are willing to learn and take on more responsibilities, you will grow in your career.
    -Management is fair. They treat their team very well. A lot of free lunches. They understand everyone has a life outside of work.
    -The company is growing rapidly. They do promote within the company BUT you have to earn it (like with every other companies).
    -The company does a lot of events such as Very Nice Annual Holiday Parties, Summer Picnic, and free lunches at the quarterly company meeting.
    -Awesome break rooms with tons of free snacks: coffee and espresso machines, noodles, chips, candies, chocolates, yogurt, all types of drinks, healthier snacks, fruits, beef jerky, and etc.
    -Relax and lay back (with a lot of work at the same time). Casual clothing.
    -Love the area; not busy, tons of parking in the lot. Gooses to chase around.
    -On site Gym.
    -Flexible hours
    -Awesome benefits.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I love it here.
    I have to put 20 word minimum in order to save this review, so that is why I am typing this. :D

Advice to Management

Be more competitive in salary to reduce employees turnover.
    No other advice to management since they are all very smart executives.

7. "Overall Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Xtime full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very talented people, eager to learn and contribute. A good compensation and benefits package.

Cons

No mutual respect and trust for employees from senior management, Communication gap between management hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Executive management team needs to respect and trust people for their skill set and value add they bring to your organization.

"Fairly Good company. Things change fast."

Former Employee - Operations in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Xtime full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product frequently improves. There are some very bright people who know the automotive industry. Larger clients help improve the product line.

Cons

You may not always get direction from management. Lower on the pay scale.

"A company on the rise."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

still a small company so everyone knows almost everyone that works at corporate headquarters. Startup mode however, moving in to gear and ramping up staff and customers.

Cons

Salary isnt competitive however, I do think they realize and are attempting to adjust.

Advice to Management

Considering no body and nothing is perfert I really dont have any advise. I also think if you aren't happy with you enviornment or surroundings then it is up to you to make adjustments!

"SaaS Selling to Automotive Dealerships"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Xtime provides a good benefits package, reasonable stock options, and lots of PTO. They are a growing company who is becoming a dominant player in the marketplace.

Cons

Personally, I had a lot of projects that were taken away from me despite having done a more than satisfactory job. I was also not paid on 90% of my sales and had an extremely unsupportive sales manager. It was made very clear to me that the opportunity for advancement was almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

I found it very difficult to get any type of feedback from most of the management. I asked multiple times to review my sales activity with my direct supervisor and was told by him that he didn't care about having a review because he only cared about what deals closed. Basically, he completely ignored the fact that it takes more than 1 cold call to close a deal.

11. "Opportunities with Flexibility"

I have been working at Xtime full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to have a direct impact on the on implemented processes that bring about change to the clients ROI. Freedom to share ideas and best practices tools with teammates around the country and world. No limit on resources available in order to set a new benchmark that can attained and re-established once the goal is acquired.

Cons

Depending on work life balance; prioritize what matters most for each person.