Xtivia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Dennis Robinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great working at this company"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable work environment.
    Opportunity to learn new technologies.
    Great colleagues.

Cons

Not much vertical growth.
    Not enough salary increments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"It has been a blessing."

Current Employee - Database Engineer
    Current Employee - Database Engineer

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with my team. They are all really helpful and supportive any time I have an issue.

I am enjoying the challenge and continuing to learn new things. Xtivia's Virtual-DBA branch provides support for multiple companies. By the nature of the company and job, there are ample opportunities to continue to grow and learn new skills. Xtivia encourages it's employees to continue to better themselves and is really supportive in those endeavors.

I can't say enough how much I enjoy working for Xtivia. I truly believe that they are a great company, and I am really grateful for the opportunity to contribute my part.

Cons

I really have no complaints at this time.

Advice to Management

I appreciated how you took the time to personally welcome me as a new employee, and how Xtivia fosters camaraderie amongst its employees. I also appreciate how you try to meet employees needs on an individual basis.

"Xtivia - Development and Consulting at its Finest"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Xtivia for almost five years and all of them have been great. What could be better than doing consulting development, with the latest technologies, and getting to work with different clients! The clients look to you for the best advice and they take the information you provide seriously. Some projects will be less exciting than others but they always end and you're off to something new.

You have probably worked at a place with a lot of dead weight before. There will be developers that never can complete a task and for some reason never get fired. Not at Xtivia. You will have all the chances in the world to learn, work through issues and become a valuable team member. If you don't then eventually time will run out. I mention this because it is exciting to know that the people you will be working with know what they are doing and are also excited about the development they are working on.

Xtivia has a flexible work schedule, opportunity to work remotely, yearly bonuses, pays overtime and good heath benefits if you are single.

Cons

The expensive cost of family medical benefits is terrible compared to other companies I have worked for.

401k matching is not great at $500 a year (that's the total amount they will contribute).

Forced time off using at least one of your own vacation days between Christmas and New Years.

Advice to Management

Take a look at top 100 companies that have employees fighting to be employed there. See what benefits they are providing and then adjust accordingly. Without the right talent there is no way to be the best and you have to spend money to make money.

"Portal Sector Managed by Fear"

Former Employee - UI Developer
    Former Employee - UI Developer

I worked at Xtivia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great, they allowed remote workers to draw in best talent. Got to work with some pretty well known clients.

Cons

- Not much collaboration opportunities
    - Stuck using Liferay Portal which seems to be dying.
    - encourage me to be like someone else instead of growing the skills I bring to the team.
    - Very stressful, Micromanaged especially on any POC project Vivek is a part of

Advice to Management

Do not manage by fear. Making everyone worried about being let go for any little thing. I was told if I hadn't spent 70+ hours the previous week, I was going to be let go. I was told I always needed to get back in the good graces of management. When I left I was told by a C-level person that they had always heard great things about my work. Funny how that didn't trickle back.
    Management is out of touch with the current development processes.

5. "Xtivia - Xtra Special"

Current Employee - Senior Oracle Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Oracle Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Xtivia (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, advanced, people, benefits, location, growth.

Cons

Clients can be snippy. The free snacks and drinks can be too tempting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work!

"Decent Company"

I worked at Xtivia full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment where you can make some good friends

Cons

Management is really riled up and not easy to work with.

"xtivia"

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

they set you up and steal your business away once ready to sign. Do not work for this company. Big mistake.

Jan 8, 2016 – CEO

Sales is a tough job and it is not for everyone. We wish you all the best on your future en-devours.

"XTIVIA, Good Culture and Customer Investment"

Current Employee - Virtual Services Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Virtual Services Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When you work 40 hours a week, your co-workers can become your roommates. Sometimes I feel like I see more of them than I do my girlfriend, but that situation happens anywhere you work full time. What makes XTIVIA great is the people they hire. In my management role, I get to work with many different teams spreading across all of our technology platforms, and everyone is enjoyable to work with. In the Colorado Springs and Denver offices (where most of the higher management is), I've never felt pressured by a boss or sensed a hostile environment from my co-workers.

XTIVIA took me on as an intern doing data entry back in 2010, and I've always had room to grow, and still do. I'm still in college, and they work well with my schedule.

Fortunately, most of the database administrators work either in the Colorado Springs or Denver offices, so I get to meet with them all in person to tackle challenges, as management in our Virtual-DBA service is my main role. Again, I still work with the other services, so the job can be different every day.

XTIVIA takes care of me financially. I truly feel blessed for what they can give me an hour, especially compared to other students I hear from.

From my view, some of the things we've done for our clients is amazing.
    We dropped the ball with communication with a client before. To fix it, we've offered to extend their consulting hours into a new term, or remove hours used from their term. Either way, it's free consulting for a client that results in us resolving the issue and providing additional services to apologize. This has taught me that consulting is an investment in your client rather than a product or service to sell. By taking care of the customer, even if it doesn't help our bottom line in the short run, means we're doing the right thing for everyone in the long run, and is the most likely reason we have clients that have been with us for over 10 years.

Cons

The teams are all allowed to work from home. I think that's great, but I also feel we could hone our craft better with more in-person communication. There are times when a quick but needed answer could have been given by walking down the hall instead of waiting for an email.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being more focused on how to resolve problems when they arise than on berating the people who messed up, that goes a long way with employee morale.
    I'd love to see more communication between database, business intelligence, portal and application server teams to identify more opportunities for existing clients who are only using one of our services.

"misrepresentations and obscure expectations"

I worked at Xtivia full-time

Pros

The company is into all sorts of different things. Depending on where you land you might find:
    * Flex-time / remote work possibilities
    * modern technologies
    * some nice folks to work with

Cons

Again, I think it largely depends on what division you are in.
    * held to hidden expectations
    * moody managers
    * resources scattered & totally disorganized

I get the sense that the company is struggling to figure out what it wants/needs to do to stay afloat.

Advice to Management

keep personalities in check, make sure everybody from top to bottom has shared goals, weed out personal agendas from management structure, don't set people up for failure.

Dec 1, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback and I regret that you did not have a positive experience with XTIVIA in the role you were in. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Feel free to reach out... More

"A sweat shop"

Former Employee - Remote Java Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Remote Java Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Xtivia (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work possible. The comradry with the employees.

Cons

Sales over sells every project. The result is death marches for every undertaking. They usually hire good guys. So you'll have plenty of people to talk with during the day. But not a reasonable career path.

Advice to Management

Be realistic.

Nov 19, 2015 – CEO

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your review and feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience with XTIVIA. We have worked hard to build a dynamic environment where we can... More