Xtreme Lashes Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2021

3.3
Xtreme Lashes Co-Founder, President & CEO  Jo Mousselli
Jo Mousselli
Pros
  • "Free snacks I am unable to find anything else good to say about this company(in 6 reviews)

• "There are also of course health benefits, 401k, vacation days, holidays, and provided snacks and drinks(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance could be better (not terrible)(in 8 reviews)

• "There is no work/life balance -- staff is expected to work late nights and weekends to make up for the poor management of time among leadership(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Treated Like Family

Mar 19, 2021 - Tech Support in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management team was super helpful and encouraging. Flexible position full of opportunities.

Cons

Hours sometimes can be too flexible, however part of the job.

2. 2.0

Co-workers are amazing

Feb 27, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, coworkers , coworkers, snacks , coworkers

Cons

low pay, unorganized training sub par

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work

Mar 1, 2021 - Staff Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is Nice to one another

Cons

management isn’t great. Time off never approved

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Career Opportunity

Jul 21, 2020 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Xtreme Lashes is a great career building opportunity. I am one of the youngest in the company at the moment, and the company is very open to working with my time schedule with college coming right around the corner.

Cons

The only thing I would say is to better prioritize assigned tasks.

VP HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly trying to improve our processes to enhance efficiency and to give our employees a great experience. Please feel free to always send your suggestions for improvement to our Director of HR & Operations.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Learn and Grow

Jul 21, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tight-knit family of co-workers; Open to suggestions and critics; Nice offices

Cons

Some time management issues though everyone is considerate of your time if you speak up about it

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of focus

Sep 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks were available when working on site

Cons

No clear direction and poor leadership

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Dec 13, 2019 - Supply Chain
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment Positions that thrive on critical thinking CEO is not made of stone like most (she cares a lot) C-Level very supportive

Cons

Work/life balance could be better (not terrible) Need more employees to increase efficiency

VP HR

Thank you for your feedback! We value the impact of each of our team members and we are dedicated to helping them grow. Jo cares deeply about all of her employees and enjoys being able to give them new opportunities. She knows that investing time and money in people and the infrastructure of the business will result in greater success, productivity, and development across the board. We are diligently working towards growing the team at Xtreme Lashes with more people like you!

8. 4.0

Lashes and Meetings

Oct 14, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working for a family owned company. Snacks and drinks were free. You got to really know your staff.

Cons

Office could be updated.. It doesn't match it's galore. Lots of meetings, close quarters.

VP HR

Thank you for your feedback! We value the impact of having snacks and beverages on-site for our staff who are dedicated to helping us grow. The Management team cares deeply about all employees and contractors and enjoys being able to give everyone the support and incentives. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for all employees and contractors and ensuring that Xtreme Lashes embodies its mission to enrich and empower others. We express this in the form of consistently providing our customers with innovative products and education, while also maintaining the quality we’re known for in this industry. We want to prioritize our efforts and energy to create leading and advanced products and services to stay ahead of evolution. While meetings are often necessary for collaboration on various projects or issues involving different departments, we recognize that too many meetings can decrease productivity and negatively affect morale. Our solution is multi-pronged and involves hiring the right staff, communicating effectively, and involving the right individuals in meetings, while setting the right expectations for preparation, agendas, and follow-up. We appreciate your feedback and wish you success in your career!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Opportunity

Aug 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you seek a career in which you can stretch your skill set to its maximum potential and grow professionally, then apply for a position at Xtreme Lashes! I have experienced exponential growth both professionally and personally through my various positions at Xtreme over the last 11 years. I can honestly say I have used all of the professional strengths and improved upon my professional weaknesses here because of the opportunities that have been afforded to me. I would describe the environment here as entrepreneurial in both spirit and pace. Xtreme keeps me on my toes, as new products, educational techniques, and business strategies regularly appear on the horizon, and there’s never a dull moment. The C-Level Management truly cares about the personal and professional success of the employees. We celebrate birthdays, marriages, new babies, and we also show support to our Team Members in times of grief or need, whether it’s the loss of a loved one or the devastation of a hurricane. No need for vending machines around here—snacks and drinks are always available. We work hard, but we play hard too. Whether it’s a Holiday Party at Main Event or a dance party to celebrate the training of new Trainers for our eyelash extension courses, you can find us celebrating life and each other about as often as you can find us celebrating the innovation that Xtreme Lashes is famous for. • Lots of room for professional growth • Family friendly environment and flexible schedules for most positions • Good and affordable benefits • Profit sharing • Snacks and drinks available at no extra cost to Employees

Cons

• Small office space and parking lot • Many staff members wear “multiple hats”—the growth of the Company is often times faster than the growth of its workforce!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Career Decision I have made

Aug 17, 2014 - Senior Management in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

i enjoy working here. I have strong support from Sr. Management to go out and try new things and execute on unique opportunities. We are given a great deal of freedom here. Our President is a unique person. She has a passion for ensuring that all products and services with the Xtreme Lashes brand are of the highest quality. it allows me to take great pride in my work product. She is extremely supportive of her team and a real leader. Also, even though Xtreme is a small company, with 60+ employees, we have "big-company" benefits. About the only thing we did not have was a matching 401k plan, but they finally added it this year. And we have some benefits that the big companies do not have. There is no shortage of opportunity at this company. I am so thankful that I made it my home.

Cons

There is a strong bias to not release ANY new product or training program until it is absolutely at 100%. This sometimes causes the product development cycle to take too long. It can be frustrating for the PD team, the Marketing team and the Training Dept., but this attention to quality and customer satisfaction has served us well over the years. Also, we are currently implementing a new ERP system, which has created some short term deadlines and pressures, which have created some extra difficulties and challenges. But we are getting there.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews