Xtreme Lashes Reviews | Glassdoor

Jo Mousselli

1. "representative/Eyelash Technician"

Former Employee - Esthetician/Eyelash Technician in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Esthetician/Eyelash Technician in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Xtreme Lashes part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Meet different people and the high reputation of the company history.

Cons

Depending on the area

"Micromanagement at every level"

Former Employee - Creative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Creative in Houston, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, and sorry, I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Several members of C-suite are not qualified for their positions -- many were appointed because they are family. Top leadership micromanages every aspect of the business (meeting after meeting after meeting, smartsheet after smartsheet after smartsheet). There is no work/life balance -- staff is expected to work late nights and weekends to make up for the poor management of time among leadership.

Advice to Management

This company needs to understand the value of a work/life balance. They will lose skilled talent to other firms that have embraced this tenet. Trust your employees to do good work. It will lead to profits and better talent.

Apr 5, 2017 – Xtreme Lashes

Thank you for your critical feedback, which helps us make better decisions in the future. We believe in constructive conversations, and hope that you had expressed your discontent while employed at ... More

3. "Incredible Company, Culture, People"

Former Employee - Education & Human Resources Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Education & Human Resources Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people, products, training and company as a whole. As Xtreme became more established, the employees reaped many new benefits (bonus days off, compensation bonuses, celebrations, recognition, etc.). The vision and goals are established and shared by the CEO (Jo) and Board, but employees are encouraged to provide their input and share their ideas and suggestions in terms of opportunities for growth. Because employees feel supported and heard, they are extremely motivated to work hard individually and in teams to achieve the goals set, learning so much along the way. Working with and reporting directly to Jo Mousselli (CEO) was one of the best growth experiences in my career to date. Jo trusted and believed in me and gave me so many opportunities to try new things, learn from mistakes made, and grow from there. I learned a tremendous amount about so many different areas of business that I took with me when I had to move out of state and have used much of what I learned in new and various ways. I was awed, motivated and inspired by Jo's leadership, work ethics, all she had accomplished to date, and how she handled different types of decisions, opportunities, and challenging situations. In addition, when I decided to start a family, Jo was so supportive and more than accommodating in terms of my work schedule and work load as I was going to so many doctor's appointments and dealing with the physical demands of pregnancy.... and then of course after while I was nursing and taking care of my newborn. I truly loved working for Xtreme and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to work hard for and with great people, growing tremendously in personal and professional ways during the process.

Cons

The Company was (and I believe still is) growing so quickly, it was hard to find enough talented, competent individuals (especially those with experience in the beauty industry) to keep up with the rapid growth.

"Growing every year"

Current Employee - Suite M Employee in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Suite M Employee in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people here are so great to work with and Jo really does us as a family. We celebrate birthdays and anniversaries on a monthly basis. There is also a great quarterly bonus program which is great since it often pays out at the most convenient times of the year. Also the jobs is very demanding and most often people wear multiple hats. Since I hate being bored and I work better under pressure, this is a plus for me. All in all of you have a positive attitude, you should fit right in at this company.

Cons

The main challenge that an employee will run into at this company is time. Time is a friend to no man. This is especially true when your company strives to stay in the lead of an industry that they piloted into existence. Everything is fast paced so if you are into down time, stay away. This company is not for those without ambition!

Advice to Management

Maintain your strong flow of inertia and this will be a Fortune 500 company in no time@

Oct 28, 2016 – Xtreme Lashes

You really hit the nail on the head. Xtreme is for the bold and ambitious. The industry of eyelash extensions is relatively new (just a little over 10 years) and the demand for the product/service ... More

"Challenging but Fun"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have great and diverse co-workers. You can be who you are as long as you contribute. Lots of activities and unique projects that you can get involved in since the company does a lot of stuff in-house. You are exposed to everything from R&D of cosmetics to digital marketing. You can bring your ideas to the table and they will be given fair consideration.

It is a small company (about 80 people) which has pros and cons but overall you get some of the nice stuff of a big company, like the benefits, without a lot of its bureaucracy. It's family owned and the owners care about their team and work very hard themselves to keep the company strong. From what I've seen, they take the long view on things and don't make decisions just for short term profit.

The company is co-founded and led by a woman named Jo Mousselli who is the engine behind the company's success. She is incredibly smart and engaging, one of those rare entrepreneurs that drive their teams to audacious goals. She is approachable and will have engaging conversations with you even if you are not high up in the company.

Cons

The company expects a lot from you. Especially if you are a manger or director. Some like and embrace the challenge of fast paced assignments and constant change but for some it is too much. The CEO does not put up with mediocre work so you need to have high attention to detail and be prepared. On the other hand, she does praise you when you execute on a challenging assignment. I have worked at Xtreme for 2 years and for 18 years before that in many different companies. I have worked in places where you can just coast and this is not one of them especially if you are a manager or director.

Advice to Management

Keep a laser focus on finishing the big projects.

Oct 28, 2016 – Xtreme Lashes

We are so happy to hear about your experience! You captured Xtreme Lashes in a fair and balanced post – and you accurately represented our company culture. Your advice to management is rock solid. We ... More

7. "Growing & Expanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to be a part of a growing company within the beauty industry in an area which is primarily oil and gas focused. I enjoy the fast-paced environment and family-like atmosphere.

Cons

We are quickly expanding and need more room in our parking lot and building.

Oct 28, 2016 – Xtreme Lashes

Thank you for your post! We're working on a new campus to accommodate the growth and provide a more enjoyable work environment for our staff. We're happy to be your island of beauty in a sea of oil ... More

8. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wear a lot of different hats, learn many other positions and skills

Cons

Lack of communication between suites

Advice to Management

Shorter meetings, act on ideas, wait to launch tasks

Jul 21, 2016 – Xtreme Lashes

Thank you for your feedback! It helps us improve our growing company. We're happy that your time here was positive and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

9. "Inferno raging"

Former Employee - Shipping in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Shipping in Houston, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn, super fast paced. Very passionate management. Lots of interesting probLems to work on.

Cons

Stressed environment, constantly changing priorities. Family dynamics stress the office place.

Advice to Management

Don't be blown around by the wind. Set goals and execute. Up the professionalism.

"Run. Run far away from this compan."

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Spring, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time

Pros

My co-workers were amazing and they gave me free products, but that is all that was good about this company.

Cons

This is by far the most poorly run company I have ever worked for. I have worked for corporate America with 60K+ employees and smaller companies like this with less 100 employees. The CEO won't allow this place to grow or run like proper business because she has to have her fingers in everything.
    The only department you can make a decent living in is sales, but due to the low base, you can't afford to take time off. They pay anyone who is not on a base plus commission far under market average.
    Xtreme Lashes believes they are the best when in fact many of their competitors are catching up.
    My advice to anyone looking to work here is to run, run fast and don't look back. It's a waste of time with higher ups that are not qualified for their positions.

Advice to Management

Let go of your control and hire people that are able to give you advice on how to grow a company and grow it properly. Treat your employees better, raise your wages and act like a corporation, not a mom and pop shop running out of a basement.

"Don't be fooled."

Former Employee - Manager in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Spring, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The colleagues I worked with are great and very hardworking, good people.
    Compensation was fair.
    Exciting product and brand.

Cons

I worked directly under the CEO and I once believed that she stood by her words - empowerment of women. I quickly learned this was for outside appearances only. The negative and backstabbing atmosphere behind the scenes, was very disappointing. Expect to give your life for this company. The lack of respect given to the employees was sad to see and reminded me of a popularity contest in high school.

Advice to Management

Be truthful, honest and realize that employees do have a life of their own.

May 5, 2016 – Culture and Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience as an employee. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative ... More