YESCO Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael T. Young

"Very political"

Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Reno, NV

I worked at YESCO (More than a year)

Pros

generally well run company with stability

Cons

lots of internal politics; there was an "in" group at the time

Advice to Management

listen more to your emplyees

2. "Good company, needs to work on communication skills."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

I worked at YESCO (More than a year)

Pros

Was given a HUGE amount of independence to perform my job duties. Company really appreciated input and worked together to create a common goal to all objectives. Hours were VERY flexible which was a great asset for myself.

Cons

Working at a franchise location, it was truly hard to communicate to Yesco Corporate what situations we were dealing with at any given time. Yesco corporate seems to believe that there business model is the way to get things done, and yet deviating from it is plain wrong.

Advice to Management

The corporate side of Yesco really needs to take a look at their business model on the service side and realize that the Yesco way of doing business is not always the best way to get things done for their franchises. Better communication lines would definitely equal better results...

3. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - New Jersey in Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - New Jersey in Burlington, NJ

Pros

If you like office work and sitting at a desk all day, this is the job for you

Cons

You have to sit at a desk all day

"good work, good people, poor health insurance."

Current Employee - Peasant in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Peasant in Logan, UT

Pros

You can learn a lot, there's good people and the 4 / 3 day work week.

Cons

Low wages. health care flat out sucks and is way too expensive!

Advice to Management

PAY ATTENTION when your employees say their benefits costs are killing them! Really. I can get better healthcare making cheese. Could you give us more than ONE choice, one blue "choice" plan is not a choice. AND... are you really paying half of that health insurance, because over $ 500 a month is a lot for my "half" of insurance I can buy on the open market for less than $700/month.

6. "Flexible hours and freedom to work as much or as little as you want"

I worked at YESCO part-time

Pros

Very flexible hours as a patrol driver at night. Only worked a few hours each night checking client signs and lights.

Cons

No gas reimbursement, not that great of pay

7. "Collections"

Former Employee - Collections
    Former Employee - Collections

I worked at YESCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisors were great, working with Customers Great

Cons

They allowed a former employee to cause problems repeatedly

8. "Good for school life"

Pros

Allowed to work with minimal management interference. The products are on their way to being great but still need engineering redesign.

Cons

Unfortunately the same Pro makes the Con. There is no training and communication is lacking.

Advice to Management

Work on communication between employees and shifts. Implementing a standard would help. Support ofr all shifts in areas especially training would be a great help in efficiency and lost product due to miscommunication.

"Foul Environment"

Pros

Steady work, Good Benefits, Most of the employees are knowledgable

Cons

The Purchasing agent at the time at the Ontario, Ca division, was an ex-con, very loud, foul mouthed and obnoxious.
    I found it very hard to concentrate and be professional on the phone with him shouting obscenities and bragging about the good ol days as a drug dealer and gang member in the background, but he is an old high school football buddy of a couple managers, nepotism at its finest.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the favoritism and nepotism

"Account Exec. - Good Potential - Low Salary"

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom of working from home, and enjoyed a car allowance. My cell phone was paid for as well. Quite the nice and professional group of people to work with in most cases. Learning the lighting business has been a highlight of my career, and I still drive around at night noticing areas of sales opportunities.

Cons

In the area where I was selling, it is congested with competition. The freedom to work from home also means that your email requests, and phone calls can easily be overlooked or ignored when trying to organize a job. The base salary is low, but the commission structure works out once you start to get busy. While the job is "Sales" focused, one tends to become a "Project Manager (cleaning up messes by the operations team)" and there is little time left to sell. They are very heavy on tracking numbers which often don't reflect day-to-day goals set for the Sales Team.

Advice to Management

Please get your managers out of the absurd amount of meeting they attend. Train them to be leaders who are back in the trenches making sales calls when your "Activities" are low. Also, I think a little back bone could be shown more when dealing with "bully" sales reps within the team. Please get the operation team in California buttoned down because they are your biggest liability right now. It's like they're shooting from the hip . . . "Ready, FIRE, Aim."

"Friends and Family"

I have been working at YESCO full-time

Pros

The owners and management were friendly. Everyone was willing to be a teacher and show you something if you don’t understand. There were plenty of people available to mentor younger or inexperienced staff.

Cons

There were a lot of layoffs during my time which is always scary. Culture was not a priority so there was often personality conflicts between peers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees with trainings and work web/ seminars. Create a no gossip work place.