YETI Coolers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
YETI Coolers CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Along with learning so much, YETI has such a fun and encouraging work environment" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great Products, decent pay, lifestyle brand" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no opportunity to find a quiet space to focus, recharge, knock out some work without distractions, etc" (in 3 reviews)

• "As a fast-paced growing company we easily outgrow our systems, processes and procedures" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Culture, Culture, Culture!"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees take so much pride in the brand and company. Extremely passionate and talented people looking to make people's lives more enjoyable! Collaborative, fun loving, and family oriented.

Cons

Fast paced, fast changing environment. If you are not comfortable with change, this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower us to do what is best for this great brand!

2. "Best People!"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time

Pros

YETI has a lot of great things to offer, but the biggest takeaway for me has been how YETI has done such an amazing job at attracting/hiring and retaining such an amazing and talented group of individuals. It's so rewarding working with SUCH nice human beings, I love partnering with hiring managers, team members, and collaborating on new initiatives! It's refreshing working with individuals with ZERO ego! The culture is also such a huge part in everything that we do, a lot of companies throw their core values on their career site or slap it on their office walls, but do they practice them? YETI does a great job in ensuring that the values our founders put together are instilled in every YETIzen and everything we do!

Cons

Given the stage of growth the company is at, at times it can take a tad bit longer to get something pushed through.

3. "Best Place I Have Worked So Far!"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yeti has been an awesome place to work so far. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly. The work is faced paced but everyone I have worked with so far is competent and really cares about the company. Also great perks like a Gear Garage and summer concert series.

Cons

None I can think of so far.

4. "Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Hunting Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Hunting Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

YETI is one of the hottest brands on the market, and it is certainly reflected in the way they treat their employees. From great food to fun activities to live music at the HQ - the YETI culture is incredible.

Cons

I can't think of a negative thing to say about my experience with YETI.

5. "New to the company"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time

Pros

Great YETI experience, nice people, cool products, very authentic to the outdoor world. great leadership with strong presence. great sales results

Cons

vacation time is limited and earned over time. maternity leave policy is not great, no paternity leave.

"Built for the Wild"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We're a passionate bunch of folks who love connecting people with each other and the outdoors. YETI products are built for the wild and those who love getting out in it.

Cons

As a fast-paced growing company we easily outgrow our systems, processes and procedures. While this can be challenging at times it allows us the opportunity to collectively find solutions that will scale with us as we grow.

"Solid"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an amazing feeling to work for a brand where the people truly believe in what they're selling, and live the lifestyle we encourage. Work-life balance is valued over "busy-ness", which results in coworkers who are present and tuned-in.

Cons

As we get bigger and grow so quickly, people are taking on new and different roles. That's great for a startup mentality, but the truth is we are beyond that phase and it's time to support employees with promotions and raises, not just happy hours.

Advice to Management

Staff up. As people have left, their spots haven't been filled, neither by promotion or new hire. Your employees are just taking on more and more and that is fatigue-ing and not sustainable, plus it's bound to impact the quality of work and the passion. Employees need to feel like their role is valued or they have a path to grow, but instead are bogged down.

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic employees, rapidly growing company, potential for IPO, product discounts (YETI & other sporting goods), and potential for advancement

Cons

Lacking bigger company structure, no defined growth plans/tracks for most associate or middle-management positions, and lots of projects/initiatives that have asap deadlines without true thought of other projects already in the works.

Advice to Management

Think about impact of projects and plan realistic implementation timelines, staff accordingly for those projects, and define advancement opportunities for employees.

9. "Financial Services"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, great team members, awesome work atmosphere as well!

Cons

Can be difficult to stay focused at times with all the cool and exciting things happening around the office.

"Growing Company with an Authentic Culture"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong culture centered around innovation, loyalty, authenticity, support for one another and a shared passion for badass products.

Company is navigating well around the typical potholes other companies typically experience during explosive growth. Those who

Executive leadership fully supports development and engagement activities for employees - programs and initiatives may not be as "flashy" as a silicon valley tech company, but they're just as (if not more) effective and true to the brand.

Benefits and facilities are top-notch.

Cons

Better communication around prioritization of strategic initiatives would help ensure all functions are moving in the right direction. Clarifying what truly "needs to happen now" vs. later will help keep employees focused on what matters instead of fire-fighting everything at once.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the voice of the employee and make changes where it makes sense. Don't shy away from transparent communication (when appropriate). Keep up the great work!