YETI Coolers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
YETI Coolers CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "YETI is a strong brand with great products and many people are attracted to it for those reasons" (in 8 reviews)

• "Back by 6 core values that are alive 365 days" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no opportunity to find a quiet space to focus, recharge, knock out some work without distractions, etc" (in 3 reviews)

• "Not the most convenient office location, work-life balance could be better" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Culture, Culture, Culture!"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees take so much pride in the brand and company. Extremely passionate and talented people looking to make people's lives more enjoyable! Collaborative, fun loving, and family oriented.

Cons

Fast paced, fast changing environment. If you are not comfortable with change, this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower us to do what is best for this great brand!

2. "Great place to work, passionate employees and leadership team"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees care about the brand and products. Leadership team cares and is continuously working on ways to improve company and employee benefits

Cons

Would be nice if employee has some sort of stock related benefit

3. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#1 - At YETI you get to really "own" your job. Your voice is heard, ideas are listened to and the hard work is rewarding.
    #2 - People, people, people. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't "give a damn" or is here just to earn the paycheck. And they are all super down to earth and incredibly smart!
    #3 - It's an authentic brand and product you will confidently stand behind and be proud to represent.
    #4 - The office environment and perks are exceptional!!
    #5 - There is a nice cross over of people who have been here a long time to help us understand why things are they way they are. And no one makes you feel like a rookie new hire. They are so helpful!
    #6 - Career opportunities. They are there if you are willing to work hard for them. As the business continues to grow it will create new opportunities and YETI seems to want to keep it's hard working, dedicated team in tact for the long haul - even if it means giving them time to learn new things. Trust is everything.

Cons

#1 - It can be hard to take time off during busy seasons for a lot of our departments. And due to the nature of the business our busy seasons are usually the times when most people take vacations. But on the bright side it means you learn take vacations outside of peak seasons and avoid the crowds!
    #2 - Changes in leadership always means more changes in people, processes, systems, etc. Change is expected at YETI. It's the norm around here and change is a good thing. There have been quite a few changes in senior leadership over the last year. Just takes time to adapt & adjust to the new processes, systems and people.
    #3 - There is no official work from home options unless your skills are needed in a remote area outside of Austin.

Advice to Management

Please keep the "uniquely YETI" features as it grows. Don't lose sight of the fact that YETI was founded on authenticity and an incredibly high level of personalized, exceptional customer service. That has always set us apart from other brands. I trust that the pressure to deliver the $$ to Wall Street investors doesn't change the best things about YETI - the focus on our customers and our people.

4. "A great place to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, sense of family and community. Everyone wants to help one another and it's an approachable, fun environment. Great culture! There are lots of opportunities and events to get to know other employees and internally network to grow in your career.

Cons

Open office environment everywhere. If you need silence to work, it can be hard to find a place to go.

5. "Thumbs up!"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks - Generous discount on a quality lunch buffet and legit coffee (Cuvee!); industry pro deals on all your favorite outdoor brands; campus store; gear garage...it doesn't get much better than this!
    Nice people - Genuinely nice people work here
    Cool brand - It's nice to work for a company that builds amazing, high quality products that you can use everyday. Work here for a few months and you'll soon be emptying the glassware in your cupboards and filling them with Ramblers. galore!

Cons

The grass IS greener at YETI...no cons on my list.

6. "Having the best time in my career!"

Current Employee - Director Within the Company in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director Within the Company in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear vision
    Exceptional people
    Engaged workforce
    Competent leadership team
    Challenging but very fun work environment that is different everyday
    Learning new things
    Lot of great perks that are unique to Austin
    Competent Leadership Team

I am part of a company that creates and sells very technically sophisticated products that allow people, like me, to enjoy the outdoors which is something that is very cool.

Cons

We have recently transitioned from a private to public company which isn't a con, but rather requires that everyone operate with high levels of precision. People that were at YETI prior to going public will be expected to transition to some of the new ways of doing things which may be an adjustment.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate successes and opportunities for improvement. Continue to foster the great culture that we have here and continue to invest in the people.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm surrounded by really talented people, which motivates me to keep improving my own skill set.
    The founders are still in the office, and the senior leadership is accessible.
    People actually care about the core values.
    There are great pro deals and the facilities are awesome.
    We make awesome product.

Cons

Lots of hours here; it can be a challenge to shut off when not at the office.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is passionate about doing the right thing for the business and the customer. The core values are a constant thread and more than just words on the wall. The business is dynamic, so there is a steady stream of interesting challenges. Quality and hard work are expected. It is easy to be excited about such amazing products, and a strong and fun group of coworkers makes it a great place to work. This is the most fun job I have had!

Cons

Priorities can change quickly due to business demands. This isn't a work from home atmosphere- the expectation is to be in office most of the time as a lot of cross functional work happens face to face.

9. "Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Outstanding executive leadership, with them only hiring more who are coming in from prestigious companies. They also hold company meetings each week/month to let everyone know how the company is doing as a whole.
    -Solid foundation on their culture & values.
    -Amazing work atmosphere, surrounded by people who have a passion for the product and helping the company succeed.
    -Host plenty of events for networking & getting to know other employees.
    -Extremely nice office & facilities, with a gym and outdoor patio included.
    -Cafeteria & coffee bar area are top notch, with a discount on everything you want to buy.
    -Employee perks & benefits are very rewarding.
    -New campus store is clutch for employees, first responders & military to come in and grab what they want instead of ordering online.

Cons

-Kind of a strenuous interview process (which really only means they are looking for the best fit for the position & company)
    -Distance can hurt depending on where you live, but the office is in an area where there is less traffic around it so that's nice.
    -Not too many food options that are near the office (I came from working downtown where there were endless restaurants)

10. "Great people, great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is inclusive, responsive and thoughtful in their approach. Product is created and delivered with great care and you can have incredible pride in the work you do.

Cons

Very manual systems and processes as we build out.