YETI Coolers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Culture, Culture, Culture!"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees take so much pride in the brand and company. Extremely passionate and talented people looking to make people's lives more enjoyable! Collaborative, fun loving, and family oriented.

Cons

Fast paced, fast changing environment. If you are not comfortable with change, this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower us to do what is best for this great brand!

2. "Growing Company with an Authentic Culture"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong culture centered around innovation, loyalty, authenticity, support for one another and a shared passion for badass products.

Company is navigating well around the typical potholes other companies typically experience during explosive growth. Those who

Executive leadership fully supports development and engagement activities for employees - programs and initiatives may not be as "flashy" as a silicon valley tech company, but they're just as (if not more) effective and true to the brand.

Benefits and facilities are top-notch.

Cons

Better communication around prioritization of strategic initiatives would help ensure all functions are moving in the right direction. Clarifying what truly "needs to happen now" vs. later will help keep employees focused on what matters instead of fire-fighting everything at once.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the voice of the employee and make changes where it makes sense. Don't shy away from transparent communication (when appropriate). Keep up the great work!

3. "Authentic, Genuine and Incredible Company!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

YETI truly invests in each employee with so many incredible development opportunities and growth resources. The leadership makes huge efforts to communicate to the entire company so unify our goals. They drive ownership, empowerment and accountability and trusts their employees to come and contribute their strengths.

Cons

I honesty don't have any cons... there are challenges of course with a fast pace company but we are empowered to take those challenges and bring solutions to the table, no matter what your position is.

4. "Strong brand, culture and future"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate folks (YETIzens) that care about the YETI Nation-our consumer and our brand!
    Fast paced, growth mindset, smart people focused on continually getting better

Cons

Only small ones come to mind....growing pains vs. major issues

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the levels of leadership to drive change/improvement

5. "Growth company with a growing focus on people"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

YETI is still a young company and has that young company vibe while simultaneously adopting several mature company policies and procedures. I've seen a large investment in people in the time that I've been here which is refreshing for a company of this size. We have an on site cafe, frequent all hands meetings, a lot of transparency and even scooters in the office.

Cons

As small as it sounds, there's a limited amount of covered parking, which is really valuable in the summer (so get here early).

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent, keep focusing on employee growth and development.

6. "So Much Potential"

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and great co-workers

Cons

Management is completely reactionary, and does not communicate regularly.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees, and learn to be more proactive.

YETI Coolers Response

May 11, 2018 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our business environment is extremely dynamic and fast-paced. At times, we need to react to these changes within the business environment... More

7. "I can think of no valid reason to work anywhere else.."

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To work for YETI may "sound cool" to the vast majority of people, but I don't know if there is actually an accurate way to describe how great of a company YETI truly is! I'm proud to tell people I work here, and not just because "YETI is cool." I am personally coming up on the three-year mark in my tenure, and still wake up excited to go to work. The people, the passion, and the culture set the bar very high for what a work-experience should be; this isn't just a job, it is a place to grow your career. I've seen tremendous growth over my time, and the one of the most encouraging things I've seen is the overwhelming number of and consistent on-boarding of like-minded, passionate individuals that comprise the YETI population. Each person's drive and work ethic really solidifies how great of a brand has been created and continues to grow and improve.

Cons

Increased communication between the teams involved in making company-wide projects come to fruition, but this is something that is always actively worked on and improved through the ongoing effort to grow the company. Otherwise, this company seriously does rock!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do and making sure your teams are still happy to be doing what they are doing. Also, continued support of each employee who wants to grow their careers is a huge motivator, and most managers I have worked for/spoke with here does a great job of that.

"Its about marketing, and not about you"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Food is offered during the day.
    Sometimes the employees get a free product.

Cons

No understanding of how to manage technical work such as I.T. and Engineering, and extensively uses contractors. Computers are locked down so you cannot do anything other than MS Office. Very noisy work environment. No chance for a real promotion - you can get promoted on paper, but there are not different job levels. No raises for cost of living. Many managers do not know what the employees are doing day to day.
    So many events during the week that one can avoid hours of work.

Advice to Management

Remember that YETI is just a marketing company, and nothing about marketing makes it proficient at technology. All the talk and social noise about the company does not reflect what it is like to work there, and it would be nice if you could see how hard it would be for someone to have a real career at YETI unless they stay in the same position for years.

YETI Coolers Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We always welcome feedback from our current employees. We did want to respond to some of the comments, however. YETI is a vibrant and growing organization with a large number of initiatives under... More

"Growing Company, Startup Vibe"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been an employee here for about 8 months, and I can honestly say I've never worked at a place quite like YETI.

This is a very relaxed and supportive work environment. At the same time there is this electric energy that moves things forward. It's fast paced but not chaotic. You will stay busy, but you will have a blast while doing it!

They do a great job of balancing work and play. And we regularly have midday events where we're encouraged to kick back and have a beer with our co-workers. You will meet all kinds of people here, and you will see people from all different statures in the company coming together and just shooting the breeze. I find that there is not so much of a social hierarchy as I've seen in other corporate environments. They do a lot of their promoting and recruiting internally, so you end up knowing quite a few people in various departments. This has been good for keeping interdepartmental communications open.

Management is super approachable and is always supportive and motivational. I personally value a lot of feedback on my work so that I can consistently improve, and they are happy to oblige. However they give you a lot of room to learn and self-evaluate on your own time if hands on feedback isn't really your thing.

We are encouraged to keep track of our metrics as much or as little as we want. The choice is really yours how involved you want to be. We are encouraged to work in teams and give support when needed, but also to be able to work completely autonomously at times.

Corporate culture aside the new office building is beautiful. Great views of the hilltops of Austin. Nice patio for taking your lunch outside. Very open to encourage collaboration. Mini conference rooms if you want to have a spur of the moment meeting. Break rooms are fully stocked with LaCroix, fruit, and cereal.

Regular company stand-ups, product trainings, and fun contests keep everyone super motivated and cohesive.

Cons

I do see what other contributors mean when they say that it's sort of a boys club. And I do think that YETI could take more time to understand the female market. (The wine tumblers are a good start!)

Standard operating procedure tends to vary depending on who you talk to and how long they've been with the company. The company has grown from a small startup to a larger company, and a lot of the original players can still be found wandering the halls. This means that people can have vastly different ways of doing things. From a diversity standpoint this is actually nice. But if you like things cut and dry you may struggle with some grey areas here.

Initial job training will give you the basics, however there are a lot of tiny details that you are expected to accumulate on your own from experience and from asking people around you. There is a learning curve and you have to rely heavily on your team in the beginning.

With all the new product releases they are forging ahead into new markets. I am a little afraid that they might be trying to go in too many directions though. And I hope they will continue to be as methodical and detail-oriented with every single product release, as they have been in the past.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to each other. There is a lot to be gained from the insight of those who you don't immediately interact with in your day-to-day.

Explore the needs of your female market, demand is growing for that!

"So far, YETI rocks just as much as I thought it would"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first week here at YETI, and I can honestly say it was it's thus far been the best new hire experience I've ever had. My first day included an in-depth tour, where the head of employee experience gave us the entire history of YETI, introduced us to executives, and share insights into the strategy and vision of the company. In the afternoon, all the new hires had the opportunity to shadow various team members in customer service and account management to get a feel for YETI's exceptional service. I walked away from my first day already feeling part of the team. People are incredibly friendly and genuine here at YETI, and you can really feel the excitement in the environment when you walk through the door. It's fast paced, but it doesn't feel chaotic. They seem to truly live the Core Values.

Cons

Can't think of a thing so far. There are areas of improvement as with any growing company - benefits could be more competitive, some processed could be better streamlined, etc - but they are already looking at these things in the effort to continually strive for improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining that high standard for quality and authenticity as you grow!