YETI Reviews

4.1
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Be an Agent of Change!"

Current Employee - Business Systems Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at YETI because you can be an agent of change at any level within the organization. If you are inquisitive and ambitious, the sky is the limit in terms of what you can gain exposure to. YETI is constantly expanding into new physical and systematic frontiers; there's never a dull moment in IT. If you are a student of life, this is the best school you could possibly attend. I started as a BSA Generalist and have had the opportunity to work with Sales, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Finance, Marketing and Customer Service. We have so many exciting technology projects for 2020!

Cons

YETI is frenetic and fluid. You have to stay quick on your feet with a flow to work attitude, or it can be overwhelming to work here. At times, it can feel that the cost is high (hours, level of intensity, etc.). But I've found the benefit from opportunity always exceeds it.

YETI2020-02-03

"Hunt Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

YETI2020-02-28
  3. "Amazing people and product, but company has room for improvement."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate colleagues, highly collaborative, emphasis on creating quality products, autonomy to affect change, standard benefits/PTO/perks.

Cons

Career paths/opportunities are unclear, lack of transparency from senior leadership, no official work from home policy. Heavy workload and high tendency for shift in priorities. Could easily work 12 hours/day if you let yourself. Not a ton of diversity.

YETI2020-05-28
  4. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and people! Highly intellectual work environment.

Cons

Pay is not up to par for the industry.

YETI2020-05-16

YETI Response

May 18, 2020Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on our culture, people, work environment and pay. YETI utilizes salary surveys and bench-marking data within the Consumer Goods Industry to determine competitive pay practices for our employees; We evaluate the entire package including base and variable pay, benefits, and company perks.

5. "Great Company, good culture, has changed alot since IPO"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at YETI full-time

Pros

Culture, Discounts, location, Leadership, PTO and benefits.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end for roles. Not alot of transparency from top down

YETI2020-05-14

"Cool Company going through a lot of growing pains"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall kind people, cool company that is working to bring really cool products to market

Cons

Pretty terrible pay especially if you are trying to grow in the company. Very clear the company is going through growing pains, HR will create rules and then change them mid year. Since going public the company has changed a lot.

YETI2020-04-17

YETI Response

April 20, 2020Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your perspective and feedback on pay and career growth within the company. YETI regularly benchmarks total compensation data to align our pay and benefits practices to the market. We significantly invest in our YETIzens career development through education, exposure and gained experience and provide opportunities for YETIzens to move horizontally and vertically within the company.

"Great people. Limited growth opportunities."

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, product, and office space.

Cons

Lacks diversity, difficult to move up.

YETI2020-04-16
  8. "Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI is a great place to work. The business growth and expansion creates a lot of interesting situations and opportunities. Despite the rapid growth over the past few years, the company has maintained a focus on culture. The six core values are real (review them before interviewing!). There is a strong management team in place, and the company is well positioned to continue growth and performance for the foreseeable future. The strength of talent is a true attribute. There is still a smaller company feel with most employees located at company HQ.

Cons

Increased structure and focus on compliance as a result of public company status- overall a pro for the company, but difficult for some who are unfamiliar with those requirements to grow with the company.

YETI2020-02-28

"Great Company!"

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome leadership, great company culture.

Cons

Location of HQ, the potential for long hours

YETI2020-02-17

"Remains an awesome place to work but always room for improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI is a special place full of people who care about the product, improving YETI processes and programs and making us a career destination. The improvements in the last year with regard to Leadership Development, Compensation & Benefits, Process Mapping all while maintaining a crazy momentum is unparalleled. Unassuming, self-effacing leaders create an atmosphere where, if you have the drive and sense of urgency and most importantly, the curiosity to make things better, you will have found a home. People at YETI value smart decision making and hard work but it also values people who enjoy playing and have a good sense of humor. That's a rare combo. We reward and recognize our employees regularly and have been able to embrace our global workforce in a way that is totally inclusive.

Cons

Everyone (Leaders especially) are aware we still can make things better. It would be great to bake in some flexibility as it's truly an in-the-office culture. It certainly bonds teams and helps foster relationships, but can vary from leader to leader on allowing for some flexibility in hours and remote work. We're embracing technology solutions that will allow us to work more efficiently but it's not perfect and we know we have some work to do.

YETI2020-02-17