Found 25 of over 380 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people I work with are great!" (in 46 reviews)
- "Great culture of innovation and paving a path in our industry." (in 29 reviews)
- "The benefits and pay scale are great and comparable to other companies in the Austin area." (in 17 reviews)
- "Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it." (in 16 reviews)
- "amazing brand and core values" (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of YETI and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "core values"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Feb 21, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
* AMAZING products * GREAT brand * BEAUTIFUL, new office building
* Executive team is disconnected from those who work on business and system processes that keep company moving * Middle management is ineffective and has minimal power or authority * No common (and often competing) objectives across company * Those who work on tasks and projects are not supported, developed or recognized (in fact management - at all levels - causes issues that make accomplishing goals near impossible) - this is the opposite of how YETI was 14-18 months ago * Problems (interpersonal, business processes and systems functionality) are ignored causing issues to build to a point of being almost insurmountable * Frequently in past year employees are being let go and new ones hired for same role but communication from management is inconsistent about the employees being removed; hence, employee trust (of management) is very low and tension amongst coworkers high (as people work to prove themselves compared to their peers) * Many of the changes that have occurred make it tough for employees to focus on the core values that made YETI the company it was * The number of meetings that accomplish nothing is increasing, as those that are empowered & promoted now at YETI are not doers (or listeners) - this is the worst of all the feedback here, as not sure how change can occur with leadership that is being hired and promoted * Executives think current culture issues are due to competitive marketplace vs. their lack of leadership18
- 5.0Jul 15, 2019DesignerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
Great hiring process. Strong company culture and core values. Talented folks in all departments. Plenty of perks: On-campus Cafe and Cafeteria subsidized, complimentary Gear garage rental for anything from kayaks to coolers, campus store, a very well equipped gym, and more. Full suite of benefits, and 401k/stock options.
YETI does not offer any paternity leave!3
- 5.0Mar 31, 2021Talent AcquisitionCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
YETI has seen solid growth during my time here, even despite the pandemic which halted retail channels. The leadership team has been quick to pivot/focus on our Direct-to-Consumer business driving growth, investing in our Innovation team to release awesome products, and proactively implementing environmental & social programs to unify and improve our workforce. The culture and core values resonate with employees that want to build a world-class organization and YETI's high-performance brand transfers into the daily efforts of the workforce.
YETI has traditionally required all corporate employees to work on-site, 5 days/week. With Covid forcing a 100% remote scenario, this hopefully will provide additional flexibility for work arrangements post-pandemic.3
- 5.0Feb 28, 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
YETI is a great place to work. The business growth and expansion creates a lot of interesting situations and opportunities. Despite the rapid growth over the past few years, the company has maintained a focus on culture. The six core values are real (review them before interviewing!). There is a strong management team in place, and the company is well positioned to continue growth and performance for the foreseeable future. The strength of talent is a true attribute. There is still a smaller company feel with most employees located at company HQ.
Increased structure and focus on compliance as a result of public company status- overall a pro for the company, but difficult for some who are unfamiliar with those requirements to grow with the company.1
- 5.0Mar 6, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
-caring and respectful culture, no egos -challenging work that keeps you engaged -growing business that keeps you on your toes -amazing brand and core values
-ambiguity - you must be flexible and adaptable or you won't survie here -no flexible work from home (PRE-COVID) -Is reasonable to work 50 - 55 hr every week3
- 5.0Nov 23, 2021Senior Cyber Security EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSandown, NH
I have never worked for for a company that is so passionate about their brand and dedicated to their core values. YETI goes out of their way to cultivate and support their community of YETIzens; From work life balance, embracing diversity, life groups and just an overall feeling of being appreciated. I cannot say enough good things about the culture and general employment here at YETI. The effort from management to support this culture feels sincere and not 'check the box'. Transparency and communication are common place. Benefits are abundant and fair with ample options to suit various situations. Training and career support is structured, supported and encouraged.
Prescription coverage can be tedious to maneuver.2
- 5.0Mar 8, 2019Associate ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
The company is centered in it's core values and continuously strives to improve. I have never felt so challenged and so fulfilled in my professional life. Everyone in the company has so many amazing opportunities to engage with other departments and develop skills outside of their normal job duties.
Things can change quickly so if you aren't adept to change, and going above and beyond your job duties isn't your thing, then this isn't the place for you. You have got an amazing, talented, driven work force, so you have to stay on your A-game.2
- 5.0Jun 6, 2016Customer Experience ManagerCurrent EmployeeAustin, TX
Premium product with premium people and service to back it up! I started 3 years ago with YETI and it has been without a doubt the best career move for me. The passion and innovation behind everything YETI does is unparalleled. Everyone at YETI embodies the Core Values and makes coming to work fun and rewarding.
YETI is growing at record speed. Our new office building can't get here too soon.3
- 5.0Mar 7, 2019Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
YETI has built a solid reputation for creating innovative premium products over the years. The culture at YETI is still entrepreneurial as the company expands. The Core Values that built the brand still exist and are embedded in every department and decision. Employees are given ample opportunities to grow and advance both personally and professionally at YETI.
Be prepared for a fast-paced environment that requires employees to be proactive and collaborative.
- 5.0Jan 25, 2019DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The team is passionate about doing the right thing for the business and the customer. The core values are a constant thread and more than just words on the wall. The business is dynamic, so there is a steady stream of interesting challenges. Quality and hard work are expected. It is easy to be excited about such amazing products, and a strong and fun group of coworkers makes it a great place to work. This is the most fun job I have had!
Priorities can change quickly due to business demands. This isn't a work from home atmosphere- the expectation is to be in office most of the time as a lot of cross functional work happens face to face.