YETI Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
80% would recommend to a friend
(28 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
What people are saying about YETI
Got a burning question about YETI? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with YETI employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people I work with are great!" (in 43 reviews)
- "Great culture of innovation and paving a path in our industry." (in 34 reviews)
- "Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it." (in 19 reviews)
- "amazing brand and core values" (in 15 reviews)
- "The benefits and pay scale are great and comparable to other companies in the Austin area." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of YETI and is not affected by filters.
Found 28 of over 379 reviews
Updated Nov 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Mar 31, 2022Community Marketing CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
- Inspiring people - The motivation to get outside and have a good work/life balance - YETI hosts cool events - Transparency of what is happening throughout departments - Opportunities to connect with coworkers and learn about other departments
There are no cons for me.1
- 5.0Feb 28, 2020Hunt Marketing ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.
Work/life balance can be hard to find.2
- 3.0Jul 17, 2023Logistics CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsAustin, TX
Nice co-workers and benefits. Work life balance
People come and go. HR makes bad culture fit hirings.
- 2.0Dec 6, 2022Project EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Having it on your resume may open up new opportunities.
There was little room for growth during my time at YETI, for myself and nearly all my coworkers. YETI would regularly hire in from outside rather than consider promoting from within. Any talk of career growth or roadmaps were lip service. Even worse, those hired in later as the company grew were hired in at higher salaries (personally knew of 35% variations) for the same position and experience. They did not use salary bands or salary balancing. They couldn't have cared less to show appreciation or loyalty to employees that were there from early on and helped grow YETI into a massive public company. They fit the cliche of 'we're a family' when it helps them, and a cold uncaring corporate employer when it comes to compensation and work/life balance. There are plenty of companies that will pay more for the same poor work/life balance. As a bonus you can work on more interesting products than the same old cash grab colorways of existing products.10
- 4.0Nov 2, 2018Corporate Account RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
Amazing company culture - truly feels like one big family! Very collaborative in the sense that all departments really work together consistently. Discounts are great. This is a company and job that I have already learned so much from and know my knowledge and skills will only continue to grow.
Need better processes to manage day by day workload, sometimes the work-life balance is not always present due to how fast paced the work environment is.3
- 5.0Aug 25, 2021AccountantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
- Great team culture - International expansion which brings added opportunities - Work life balance - Surrounded by amazing people that are willing to help out and want the team to succeed as one - Good mix of project work and the day to day work - Management are receptive to all ideas to keep improving our processes as we grow
Some expected growing pains due to rapid growth but appreciate the team figuring it out together and working as a team.2
- 5.0Oct 5, 2023Sr. Finance AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
It's very easy to get behind the Brand and the products. YETI makes quality, durable products that we all get excited about and the company stands behind. I can definitely say I am proud to work here. While the overall company is hybrid, the in office culture is fun and the people are skilled at what they do. Hiring process is long / rigorous but I think that's a good thing. Benefits are fair. Office is cool. Work life balance is also fairly good.
It often feels like everything is a priority and / or priorities and plans are constantly changing which can make for hectic / stressful events, at times (not all of the time). Pay is fair, could be better given the overall Austin environment.2
- 5.0Nov 23, 2021Data ScientistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
- Innovative, flexible and open to new ideas. While Yeti has gotten big, it still has a lot of the feel of a smaller company and they take their employee's ideas seriously. - Understanding and empathetic leadership. I lost a beloved dog a few weeks after starting at Yeti. I was able to be with my pup in his last days and give him my attention due to the empathy and compassion of my managers. I couldn't be more appreciative for this. - Work/Life Balance. I guess this is similar to above but Yeti takes work/life seriously and doesn't ask too much from their employees so as to takeaway from their "off" time. The benefits are great too! - Unafraid of change. Nothing seems bound by bureaucracy or protocol at Yeti (outside of compliance and legal). Got a better way of doing things? Your managers will listen. - Actually believes and follows their values. Yeti's 6 core values aren't just for recruiting and/or to look good. They follow them. They believe in doing right by their people if you do right by them! - Internal Growth. Since being at Yeti, I've watched Yeti give employees opportunities for growth or even career change within the company...rather than just constantly hiring externally above current employees (which has seemed the norm in my past experiences). - Exposure to Upper Level Management. The C-Suite and SLTs are not faceless names you never see. They're in meetings, in the office, interacting with employees. This exposure is rare from my past experience and very much appreciated since I've been at Yeti. - Yeti takes moral responsibility seriously. As a member of our data teams, data privacy is a topic in EVERY discussion we have and the privacy of our customers and employees is always placed above convenience. They back up their moral commitments. It's nice to be somewhere that takes ethics seriously and you can be proud of the work being done. - Employee Discount is amazing. - Intensive Interview Process. The interview process is taken seriously and isn't 'easy'. But to me, this showed their seriousness about hiring the right employees and this has really shown in the competency of my colleagues. Makes work so much more enjoyable.
None. There is a lot of work (its a fast growing company!) but never excessive and managers proactively look into whether the workload is overwhelming or unreasonable. It's not a place for coasting and getting by doing the bare minimum but also not a workplace that takes over your life. Work/life balance is important to Yeti (See Above).2
- 2.0Jun 13, 2019Corporate Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
You get the opportunity to represent the YETI brand, which is undoubtedly the strongest in the Outdoor Lifestyle industry. This translates into easy sales, and foreseeable company growth. The office building is great, and the benefits outside compensation are generous. Some of the friendliest coworkers you'll have the opportunity to work with.
ZERO work life balance - very little direction - constant change in 'sprints' - poor compensation structure for company revenue drivers - capital hill of office politics - little authenticity to core brand25