YKK AP America Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 30 reviews

3.6
YKK AP America CEO Oliver Stepe
Oliver Stepe
  1. "Just keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time

Pros

YKK now allows somewhat flexible hours that one can choose to best fit his/her personal life. Management professionalism facilitates open communication with employees so that problems can be solved effectively, but also offer enough space such that I don't feel micro-managed. I get a general feeling that my work is appreciated. Workplace activities such as occasional lunches and outings also go a long way in making...

Cons

Our headquarters location in Austell is also in an area of rather significant property crime, mostly vehicle break-ins.

Advice to Management

We do have surveillance cameras here (inside and out), but installing visible signs saying something like "Surveillance Used Here" would let those with criminal intent know they are being watched--which may act as a deterrent. YKK also might look into providing telecommuting for at least some employees (if software licensing would permit it.)

November 8, 2018Senior Leadership

Employee safety is extremely important to our organization. Thank you for your suggestions and feedback.

2. "Good but not Great"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Dublin, GA

I worked at YKK AP America for more than 2 years

Pros

Secure, not too stressful, good people

Cons

Poor pay, poor advancement and old technologies, on call rotation

February 4, 2019Senior Leadership

Our goal is to drive continuous improvement. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

3. "Machine operator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I worked at YKK AP America full-time

Pros

Great company to work for if you make the right friends. Easy work.

Cons

Shutdowns and leaving early are becoming very frequent.

January 18, 2019Senior Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our goal is to maintain consistency in our production scheduling, even though that is not always possible. Please re-consider us as a future employer. Thank you again, we wish you the best in your endeavors.

4. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Fabrication Technician in Macon, GA

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits offered are very good! They offer every thing you could need.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments is a major deal.

Advice to Management

Make sure all of your workers are on the same page.

November 8, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for your service with our company. Your honesty is appreciated. Our goal is to provide employees with quality information and interaction on a regular basis. We will continue to foster an environment of open communication and feedback.

5. "Project Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to travel internationally.

Cons

No leadership, communication or organizing within senior level management.

October 12, 2018Sr Vice President

Thank your taking the time to review our company. We take pride in our employee communication and your feedback is very helpful. We are disappointed that your personal experience is not what you had hoped for and we trust that over time you will be as excited as your peers. Our leadership ...

6. "Good Company"

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time

Pros

Financially sound, great talent pool, fantastic products

Cons

More interested in keeping up with reports than making our customers happy.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics that made us a great company "Circle of Goodness"

August 31, 2018Marketing and communications manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Strong processes are fundamental to our organizational effectiveness, however we recognize it is critical to seek opportunities to support our customers needs. Balance is something we strive for and we value your feedback.

7. "Positive changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Some really dedicated and cool people work here. Management is friendly, respectful to everyone and trying to make improvements. Good reputation and core values. Can wear jeans in the office.

Cons

Lack of flex time especially when you put in late hours solving customer problems. No cafeteria. Sometimes work can get redundant.

Advice to Management

Trust employees to do the right thing always instead of making people in different jobs fit the same rules. Pay more to those who go the extra mile. Have free employee lunches more often.

May 25, 2018Sr Vice President

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's good to hear that we are on the right track and also good to learn more about how we can become an even greater company! -Oliver

8. "Assistant Engineer"

Former Employee - Assistant Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at YKK AP America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product was fairly interesting along with monthly trips to the Dublin manufacturing facility made it easier to grasp what you were working on. At the time these trips were frustrating but looking back I would have enjoyed them had I not hated the commute so much.

Cons

The lack of flexible hours coupled with the terrible Atlanta traffic made the commute unbearable. In the afternoons it easily doubled my commute from what could have been 45min to 1.5hrs.

Advice to Management

Allow flexible hours.

May 7, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and providing us with your feedback.

9. "Great Company to work for."

I have been working at YKK AP America

Pros

It's growing and great opportunity for advancement, great benefits. They treat all the employees well and training is excellent. The compensation is comparable with other companies in the same industry.

Cons

Could do better on wages and benefits. Other than that, it has been a good company to work for. I have been working with them for 20+ years.

February 5, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to offer exceptional value to our employees and your feedback is important to us.

10. "A little more goes a long way."

I have been working at YKK AP America full-time

Pros

12.5 years in. Love the work and the challenge.

Cons

Too many Bad attitudes from co-workers who only care about themselves... Not the Customer. Not enough self motivation to get the work done and do the right thing. Help is always needed, but not always given. More can be done, but isn't. There are always new idea's, but mostly overlooked or not wanted from co-workers. Cell phones need to be put away during working hours...We all get breaks.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee's. Take care of what needs to be. Rewarding those who do the right thing only encourages others to follow.

February 5, 2018Senior Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Quality service and teamwork is fundamental to our success. We will continue to cultivate an environment that is customer focused and rewarding for our employees.

Found 30 reviews