What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Also the people I worked with were great and really did care for the children and campers" (in 1195 reviews)
- "Great staff at my branch who always worked as a team real well and were very supportive." (in 749 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and you stay with the same hours for that set period ( ex." (in 732 reviews)
- "It was a positive experience and all my coworkers were great" (in 590 reviews)
- "Great work environment and perfect for anyone who's looking for a part" (in 361 reviews)
- "Not very sure what my roles are a lot of times and also low pay." (in 2351 reviews)
- "Poor management and not enough staffing" (in 797 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to similar jobs in the field and experience doesn't budge the needle much if you negotiate." (in 249 reviews)
- "You are likely to be thrown in the job with little to no training or supervision." (in 200 reviews)
- "The upper management was horrible." (in 189 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of YMCA and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 17,649 of over 19K reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 19, 2023Youth Development SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGreen Bay, WI
I loved working for the Greater Green Bay YMCA back in 2015-2017. I had the chance to learn from youth development specialists like Kathleen McKee, Jill Lavarda, and more. These leaders grew my interests in working with marginalized communities in nature and supported my growth in the industry.
I wish there had been more upward mobility. With a nonprofit it is difficult to find the next step and for me, I wanted full-time employment with a challenge. At the time, when I was working at the Y there weren't openings for these positions. After I left I was contacted multiple times with these offers, but I had another position I was happy with. I look back now and wonder if I should have gone back, my coworkers and supervisors were some of the most supportive I have ever worked with!
YMCA Reviews FAQs
YMCA has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 19,205 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at YMCA to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
72% of YMCA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated YMCA 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.