YP Reviews | Glassdoor

1,480 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,480 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • PTO time is great, work/life balance is great (in 85 reviews)

• supportive managers that help you achieve your goals, cares about customers, good benefits, cutting edge (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management before the take-over was viewed negatively by virtually everyone (in 58 reviews)

• Difficulty finding time to sell because of all the office work on the sales reps plates (in 55 reviews)

"Success Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at YP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, Flexible schedule, good time off, nice staff, and you are allowed to organize your work how you like.

Cons

Hard to grow with the company, always scared they might restructure and get rid of your job, sometimes work is judged off of factors out of your control.

Advice to Management

Inspire employees to work harder by providing fair metrics for measuring their performance.

"great people, decent pay, but limited opportunity"

Former Employee - Senior Fulfillment Specialist in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Fulfillment Specialist in Glendale, CA

I worked at YP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

both my immediate management team and my co-workers were great to work with.

Cons

there isn't a lot of room for advancement and the technology is stale

Advice to Management

as much as I enjoyed working here there is no room for advancement for people on the creative side of the advertising business. the platforms being used to create the landing pages is stale and really limits what can be done with a landing page. now that a lot of creative work is being outsourced of India, the quality of the landing pages is getting even worse and no one in upper management seems to be bothered. we get a lot of complaints/cancellations because the landing pages are not as robust as the competitors. take the time to listen to the creative team and work on creating products that are actually competitive in the marketplace instead of outsourcing outdated products that customers are clearly not happy with.

Oct 4, 2016 – Manager, Online Reputation Management

Hi!

Thanks for the review. I am very happy to hear that your management and co-workers were great to work with. We have definitely worked on making our products better on both the creative side... More

3. "AE Sales"

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you put in the work. Great people to work with.

Cons

Stability of company and changes are constantly being made.

"Senior Director"

Pros

Fast paced and lots of change and exciting work projects

Cons

Disconnect between leadership direction and rank and file regarding work environment and employee needs

Advice to Management

Survey your people to see what they need to be successful

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at YP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was decent except we in the NY office were told to do things differently than the way we were trained. It wasn't until months later when the office was way behind in sales did they start trying to retrain us and implement the new sales methods. Pay was also OK. They basically bribed us with an additional 30k bonus because they knew it was the only way to keep SEs after shifting to an territory market plan.

Cons

Unfortunately I have many cons to write about. First off we were never given a clear understanding of our goals/quotas. The main manager in NY is ok however the Sales Managers do not care one bit about their team. They pretend to but will only pay attention to top closers and seem to forget about the team members who need the most help. One manager in particular has mostly negative things to say to their team and is constantly putting the team down but thinks that they are actually being encouraging. We are not children and stupid little memes are not inspiring but condescending. This person barely acknowledges the hard work people are putting in and only care about one thing. SALES. I am not sure about the rest of the company but the attitude in NY is that the sale is more important than the customer. If the products/service provided even a fraction of the ROI that is projected for the customer than we wouldnt have such a high cancellation rate from customers. Upper management likes to blame irresponsible SEs but in reality the service provides very little to its customers. Also the company has been bought and sold/tried to rebrand itself numerous times in the last few decades and it has been told to all employees that there isnt a clear direction of where YP is headed.

Advice to Management

Fire all the ineffective managers. Sure an individual needs to take responsiblty for themselves but as the saying goes. There are no bad employees, only bad managers.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Tukwila, WA

I worked at YP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intro into Digital Media if you can last a year.

Cons

Training is door to door salesmen type focused on numbers rather then building customer relationships. Culture is toxic. Operation end training is basically sink or swim and obsolete! Not team oriented rather your played against each other. It's a good old boys club that isn't IT competitive in today's market. SEO savy clients will not switch to SEM.

The company is based on ppl who are "Hustlers" and would sell there own grandmother.

Advice to Management

Management is the problem. Fire everyone except Ofilia...

Dec 2, 2016 – Manager, Online Reputation Management

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that the work environment for you in WA wasn't as good as it could have been for you. I am not sure when you worked... More

"Once was a great place to work"

Pros

Dedicated, loyal and hardworking workforce

Cons

Senior Management short sighted and can be ruthless on the employees.

Advice to Management

Truly focus on the customer and your employees like you preach instead of positioning the business to be sold.

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at YP (More than a year)

Pros

You are able to make a lot of money if you're willing to work...and by that I mean you're really going to have to work. It's a cutthroat market and only a few have what it takes to succeed.
    You get to run your own schedule, however this doesn't mean you get to golf by the afternoon. I was in my early 20's when I worked here and I know for a fact I was putting in more hours than any of my friends or peers.

Cons

No work life balance, organizational disarray, false promises to its' salesforce, keep restructuring commission structure, almost a sinking ship

Advice to Management

Your sales team is your greatest asset...believe me it IS NOT your products! Need to lead instead of order, and I understand why you cannot do that (outside capital) so really best of luck...you gave me the tools to be an amazing sales professional but it was never a career.

Sep 26, 2016 – Manager, Online Reputation Management

Hello! Thanks for coming on and giving us such a great and detailed review. While it is obviously sad to read that your time here wasn't more enjoyable, I'm happy to see you did learn the necessary... More

"Sales"

Pros

Money can be good if you stay on top and don't have any accounts go bad on you

Cons

Pressure, micromanaging and lots of changes which is fine but need direction

"Digital Sales Executive"

I worked at YP full-time

Pros

Run! They only care about themselves and their bonuses. Plus being all over the staff.

Cons

Management that cheat on their partners. Disgusting.

Dec 2, 2016 – Manager, Online Reputation Management

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I am concerned about the office you worked in and would love to understand better what went wrong for you. I am also not sure when you worked where you worked but... More

Showing 1,480 of 1,526 reviews