53% would recommend to a friend
(1040 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
Found 1,040 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It was difficult to see myself staying there long term because the stressful job and the low pay." (in 92 reviews)
- "Overall the management was poor" (in 61 reviews)
- "Low salary for healthcare workers" (in 32 reviews)
- "Leadership is poor to terrible" (in 27 reviews)
- "Poor upper management lacked ethics." (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of YWCA and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Residential TechnicianFormer Employee, less than 1 year
I regret leaving the job. It truly is one of the best organizations to be a part of
Training was not great and management needs to be on one page
- 3.0Oct 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
General staff is wonderful, programs are helping people and the community.
Passive aggressive executive leadership: Micromanagement and a lack of communication and organization, ineffective employee engagement, rapport and transparency.
- 1.0Nov 16, 2023Chief Executive Officer (CEO)Current Employee, more than 1 yearSalinas, CA
There are no pros to speak of.
Leadership is is terrible, gaslighting and not at all interested in empowering women or dismantling racism.1
- 4.0Oct 31, 2023Teaching AssistantFormer Employee
I loved getting to teach a variety of students, engaging with parents, and working closely to my coworkers.
The pay is not livable and as a daycare, we were always understaffed.
- 4.0Oct 31, 2023Preschool Lead TeacherFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsEl Paso, TX
Fun environment, loving children, weekends and holidays off
They don’t care about employees or raising their pay.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Grant WriterCurrent EmployeeSalt Lake City, UT
Supportive coworkers and great company culture
Since it is a nonprofit, salaries are often lower
- 5.0Oct 2, 2023Preventions EducatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBensalem, PA
The YWCA has provided me with a great work/life balance as I transitioned from my maternity leave into working again. I appreciate the flexibility and the staff members who have been very supportive!
I can't say there are much cons, but occasionally working in some of the summer camps can be challenging due to some of the behaviors of the kids at times.
- 1.0Oct 10, 2023Emergency Housing AdvocateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPortland, OR
The "thought" of being treated fairly as not only a woman, but a woman of color and DV Survivor.
Discrimination, liars, unjust, wrongful, fake support, aggressive staff. High employee turnover
YWCA Reviews FAQs
YWCA has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 1,160 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at YWCA to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
53% of YWCA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated YWCA 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.