Found 631 of over 719 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Parking Compensation Overworked Poor Management Flexibity" (in 34 reviews)
- "The parking was terrible." (in 15 reviews)
- "No family/worklife balance always on call too many employee who act like managers" (in 8 reviews)
- "Work life balance is hard with every other weekend" (in 7 reviews)
- "There can be long hours at times!" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Yale New Haven Hospital and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023RRT/RCPFormer EmployeeNew Haven, CT
You get to work with some of the best people. Have the ability to widen your scope of practice by being able to work in multiple units throughout the hospital. You have the chance to work as much OT as you'd like.
Staffing is unfortunately an issues, which is common amongst all hospitals. However they do work very hard to try and resolve the issue
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew Haven, CT
YNHH is a very big teaching hospital which provides you with various opportunities to learn and grow within the nursing field.
Bigger hospital, might not be beneficial to some workers who prefer a smaller environment to work.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsNew London, CT
-Schedule is flexible, but I'm also per diem so it makes a huge difference vs part-time/full-time
-Corporate, but some pros to that as well -You can easily be replaced in a blink -It's all about meeting their numbers and not what it should be1
- 2.0Nov 10, 2023Medical TechnologistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew Haven, CT
You have a job at least.
Yale does not care about their employees, nor their patients. If they cared about their patients, they would care about paying employees more and give them some type of appreciation. They alwasy complain they have no money but every year they buy more hospitals, build more buildings, and give their employees less. 3% raise when inflation is over 6% this year and I am now paying 500% more for health insurance this year versus last year.1
- 4.0Oct 24, 2023Hospitalist/NocturnistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew Haven, CT
- Great Work Environment - Very transparent, leadership available and accessible to discuss concerns or questions - Supportive colleagues - Realistic Night Time Workload
No cons to describe really
- 5.0Oct 26, 2023Patient Care Assistant (PCA)Current EmployeeTrumbull, CT
Excellent manager and team. They really care about your happiness in the workplace.
Benefits could be better for newer employees.
- 5.0Oct 13, 2023Pharmacy Technician IFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew Haven, CT
Good for resume, decent pay
As an evening shift worker you are sometimes forced to work overnights which can be tiring. Parking situation not great.
- 4.0Sep 5, 2023Lead Medical Laboratory ScientistCurrent Employee
Good health benefits Pay is better with experience Daycare available YNHH is about change and taking on more projects simultaneously.
Room for growth but it all comes down to who you know to get there not what you know, even if you have more experience. Project management could be better when implementing changes. Also the workload could be divided up more equally to be more efficient amongst the YNHH system.1
Yale New Haven Hospital Reviews FAQs
Yale New Haven Hospital has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 719 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Yale New Haven Hospital to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
65% of Yale New Haven Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yale New Haven Hospital 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.