Yankee Farm Credit Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

4.7
Yankee Farm Credit CEO Brenda Frank (no image)
Brenda Frank
  1. "Great company - excellent culture!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great client/member interactions. Smart, honest and friendly coworkers. Transparent management.

Cons

As with any company these days, coping with the pace of change in society as well as technology remains a moving target.

Continue reading
  2. "Great Place To Make A Difference"

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Yankee Farm Credit is dedicated to the mission of making a difference for farmers and foresters. Every decision is made with a view to doing what is right for our members, our employees and working toward sustainable growth.

Cons

There are many different priorities and some people have to wear many hats. As a small financial institution we don't always have all the expertise on staff that we could use.

3. "Employee"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

One of the greatest aspects of working for Yankee is the opportunity to build lasting relationships with our members that span generations! We work to be a trusted member of our members’ team! We may not work with as many accounts as feed nutritionist or vendor rep does, but we get to know our members much better!! We get to take a very active role in helping our members achieve their goals!

Cons

As a loan officer you sometimes have to have a difficult conversation with a member. Keep in mind that saying no to a specific request may be in their best interest in the long run and our goal is to help them to succeed.

4. "Highly recommended if you are interested in a long term career in agriculture"

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Williston, VT

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As a cooperatively owned lender, we are dedicated to our borrowers help provide constructive credit. The staff fully understand our mission and who our shareholders are.

Cons

We have too many free lunches! Employee wellness programs would be a good addition.

Continue reading
  5. "Sorta a newbie, but here's my 2cents"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williston, VT

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been Yankee Farm Credit for less than 2 years. This place has some sweet benes, great people, great mission and strong leaders. Commitment to employees is unmatched in forms of education and resources.

Cons

With 5 different locations it makes it hard to internally-network, each branch can feel isolated. Within the branches however the teamwork is super strong. Same could be said about the whole system, its a little isolated from the other FI out there. Maybe more socials, or team building.

6. "Good place to work"

4.0

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time

Pros

Overall high level of ethical integrity of management and employees. Everyone does what it takes to get the job done and what's right for the customer. Good team environment. Good access to management. Good financials. Good work life balance.

Cons

Old school mentality at times. Mixed messages from management. (These both are improving to some extent). Not the best systems and often more work than necessary is done.

Continue reading
  7. "Proud to work for Farm Credit"

I have been working at Yankee Farm Credit full-time

Pros

Committed to helping the ag industry, awesome to work for a company that helps support the people that feed the world! CEO always willing to listen to employees and encourages sharing of ideas. Great co-workers.

Cons

Recent IT conversion has caused a bit of stress due to learning curve but multiple training opportunities and frequent all staff conference calls and webinars to discuss have helped.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews