KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Yard House Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2022

Found 972 of over 978 reviews

3.7
Yard House President  Michael Kneidinger (no image)
Michael Kneidinger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "You make good money and it is easy to pick up & let go of shifts as needed.(in 106 reviews)
  • "Pay was good(in 49 reviews)
  • "Money and coworkers were great.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 25 reviews)
  • "Good training and nice employees.(in 22 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management has its bad days then worse days(in 104 reviews)
  • "There are no end times to the shifts so late nights and long hours are a real possibility!(in 72 reviews)
  • "The downsides of working at Yard House is that the managers don't really have compassion for your personal problems.(in 52 reviews)
  • "They played favoritism a lot and forced the 'we're a family' feeling on us.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Management played favorites; high turnover rates(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yard House and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Sep 22, 2022 - Server in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about their employees and customers

Cons

I have no cons personally love this company

2. 4.0

Pay

Sep 30, 2022 - Waitress
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent tips due to being a higher end restaurants

Cons

Tips are split equally for bar tenders

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of Darden’s Best

Sep 26, 2022 - Server in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent hours, corporate structure, and same-day pay. They also have great benefits, including matching dollar for dollar into a retirement investment account, and their Darden Dimes program

Cons

Slow traffic seasons that directly impact server income averages.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic work environment

Jul 22, 2022 - Server in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, you can pick up shifts, have people pick up your shift

Cons

This place was so toxic and it was because of the management there. I worked for YH for 4 years and on multiple occasions I was bullied by management to the point of tears. If a customer was upset about their food or anything and you had to tell a manager, meaning they need to do a table check, it was the worst. I would get anxiety attacks and start shaking in fear of retaliation. There were times I would get written up because of an issue a customer had that had nothing to do with me but because I “inconvenienced” the manager and they had to comp a meal I would be in trouble. They would play favorites and their favorite servers would get free meals every day and moved up to higher positions, given all of the best shifts and sections. If you were considered good looking basically you easily became a favorite by male managers. Many of the management were sleeping around with the staff members and some doing illicit drugs while on the clock. If they got caught, nothing would be addressed and they would simply move the manager to a new location and another corrupt individual would be moved over to our location. I will say, not all managers were this bad, but sadly if managers didn’t play these sick games they wouldn’t last long there. Any good managers that would come in would last maybe 6 months and then leave due to the toxicity.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Yard House Review

Sep 12, 2022 - Server/Bartender
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get a lot of foot traffic, so were always super busy. We have over 125 beers on tap, so I gained a lot of knowledge on beers.

Cons

Our new management team is very unorganized. Management doesn't handle situations the proper way. some managers don't talk to the team with respect.

6. 3.0

Okay

Sep 29, 2022 - Chef
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in Only the Gms care to work with you to make things possible and better for you to work there Learn new things on the job everyday Staff can be positive

Cons

Gives you hours if you’re useful Sends you home without guarantee of hours being scheduled to work Schedule less hours for pregnant women (almost fired me because of my pregnancy)

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Love it here

Sep 21, 2022 - Server/Bartender
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great money, great work culture!

Cons

Our store was open until 2am and that gets a bit exhausting.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nope

Sep 13, 2022 - Server in Marietta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a server for over 10 years. I have always loved serving. Even after I started working my full time, I still kept a serving Job on the side because it was easy fast money and I enjoyed it. Yard house is the first serving job Ive had that I can truly say I hated. Things looked hopeful when I first started working there. I loved the menu, the environment, the exciting location, and on game days at the battery the money was good. I got along well enough with the serving staff. I just wanted to show up, make my money, and leave. Never cared much about having friends or being liked. I just want to feel like a respected adult human being. After not so long working there I noticed that the managers are very very petty and disrespectful, and power tripping hard. They pick on you if they don’t know you. Make you feel stupid for asking certain questions. Let their favorites get away with murder but have something to say about everything you do if you are new. Makes you feel like they don’t even want you there. The shifts were long and on non-game days you waste your entire evening waiting to make 100-150 if you are lucky. The money itself was not the issue, it’s the time spent there making the money. 8-10 hour night shifts, exhausting whether it is busy or dead. The day shifts are much shorter but of course the money isn’t always as good. Also the managers act funny about letting you eat during those long shifts. I once asked during a slower hour if It was a good time to order something to eat, and was told that it’s never really a good time to order food, but go ahead 🙃. Will, AJ, and Chad were always a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Management, long shifts, not enough money for the hours and all the rest that you have to deal with.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good money, for young adults

Sep 6, 2022 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my coworkers and the food. The kitchen was always clean and I believed in the food

Cons

Very long hours and lots of physical labor, on the Saturdays we would close at 1 AM

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place to get Experince

Sep 15, 2022 - Host Trainer in Brea, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced; good for time management; practice quick thinking

Cons

Long hours; lack of communication during a rush; high stress

Viewing 1 - 10 of 972 Reviews

Yard House Reviews FAQs

Yard House has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 978 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Yard House to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yard House employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yard House. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

60% of Yard House employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yard House 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Yard House to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Yard House Job Seekers