Yardi Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yardi Systems President Anant Yardi
Anant Yardi

Cons

1. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Autonomy provided to drive my own success, multiple opportunities to provide feedback and direction for products and services, great efforts equate to great opportunities, ability to learn edge technologies and continue my technical growth, fun environment to work with people who care about me and my success, recently added parental leave shows the care for the employees and their familes

Cons

Acquisitions were slow to onboard initially, but now the priority is placed for rapid integration. Please continue to do so moving forward.

Advice to Management

Laptops should be provided to all employees to encourage mobility and collaborative efforts in the offices. Intermittent work from home options would make us more competitive in the hiring market.

Take care of our clients, take care of our employees, stay focused and grow. I tell every interviewee the same thing.

2. "Technical Account Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. It is growing, so opportunities are coming more and more. I never have to take my work home. I've been here 2 years and have only been requested once to come in on a Saturday, which was completely optional. It's a great community of people that support and help you whenever you need it. The office is starting to click more and more each day.

Cons

Workload and workflow are a little weird, but this is more to do with the SLC office growing into the Yardi Culture. There are some growing pangs, but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Be careful how much you tighten down the hatches. We grunts understand there is a business end, but we would like to feel that you guys know what stress we are under before throwing those new policies in.

Apr 18, 2017 – Yardi

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the Salt Lake City office! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "Leasing agent"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

professional, good environment, Good incentives to do well.

Cons

Needs work on team working, actually taking feedback and placing it into place within the team, company.

Advice to Management

Listen more to people on the phones.

Apr 12, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for leaving a review. We wish you the best!

5. "Love this place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is such a great company to work for, they take care of their employees and there are many opportunities to move up in this company. If you work hard and take care of Yardi clients, you are taken care of and recognized which is nice because not a lot of companies do that. Great benefits, great people and the most amazing work environment!

Cons

None so far, I plan to be here for a long time so I will keep you updated!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Apr 12, 2017 – Yardi

We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience in the Salt Lake office and that you see a long future with Yardi. Thank you for the amazing review!

6. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

Supportive Management, breadth of product, great benefits, a company that values employees.

Cons

Breadth of product means a lot to learn, sometimes overwhelming.

Apr 12, 2017 – Yardi

We’re so glad to hear you enjoy many of the great assets at Yardi! We are aware of the training needs and management is in the process of sending support so we can help this office grow. We hope ... More

7. "Healthy culture and good for working moms"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yardi really does its best to support working parents. I've had 2 kids while employed here, and I've benefited immensely from support and understanding from my boss, plus easy access to a nursing room. We just had kids' day and my daughter came and hung out at my desk (a stand-up desk btw).. there were tons of kids and it was very sweet. Health insurance benefits are generous for pregnant women and families, too (caveat - my kids are basically healthy).

Cons

would like to see more women across the company and especially in senior management

Advice to Management

oh, what would we give for in-house daycare!

Apr 13, 2017 – Yardi

We love hearing that Kid’s Day was a fun experience for your daughter and it’s great that you are having such a wonderful experience at Yardi as a working-mom. Our executive team shares your views ... More

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Management and great opportunities for mobility

Cons

Not to sound naive, but I really don't have any.

Mar 29, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for the great review! It sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying the Cleveland office and all of the perks of working at Yardi!

"Take the bad with the good"

Former Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees, and leadership, do everything they can with the resources provided to them to make our jobs worth waking up for. There is a desire for positive change, even though the company is really too large for the desperately needed quick change. It is nice to feel as though you're "in the trenches" with your managers, rather than having them hide in offices all day with little communication aside from meetings. On a personal level, I never felt like anyone didn't care in the Salt Lake office, and could feel they had similar frustrations we did. The health benefits are amazing though. If you have a family, you're not going to easily find a better insurance situation.

Cons

Training is needed before you throw your employees to the fire. When I say training, I don't mean 40 hours of online videos that aren't really geared towards training an employee to do their specific job. Customer training videos should not be considered as employee training videos, ever.

We also want to feel appreciated. The Salt Lake office really has had it's fair share of successes that felt as though went unnoticed, or underappreciated. Again, I felt that a lot of the leaders in the SL office tried, but with a limited budget, and with them being extremely busy themselves...sometimes some of the basic incentives went by the wayside.

Unfortunately, the Salt Lake office is ultimately run by either Toronto, or Santa Barbara, so ideas we present seem to only go so far and then die before they're given a chance. I can't necessarily attribute it to politics, but it sure felt like it sometimes. Salt Lake is a huge office, with tons of room to grow, but we're made to feel like a little satellite office that only had a few employees. While we were constantly told changes for the better were coming, we just couldn't see it happening. After a while, it really just became "noise," and those promises were ultimately treated with a "we'll believe it when we see it." response from a lot of employees.

The employees realize there is no place to go. Making them a Senior phone answerer isn't really something to look forward to. Bring in more manpower so those promotions mean something and are something to look forward to. Make your Senior people team leaders, and leaders within the company, not just a title. If you just give a new title and a little extra money, but no hope for "moving up" it doesn't mean much. If after 3+ years of working there, all I have to look forward to is having "Senior" in front of my name while doing the same thing I've been doing for years, then why try?

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees are rewarded for their hard work. This doesn't have to be in monetary form. You can rent a movie theater out once a quarter, let the employees leave an hour early to see a movie, and that will go a long way. You have to realize that the Utah working culture is full of places that have stocked break rooms, actual ping pong tables (not a net on a conference table), frequent out of the office activities, raffles, and so on. If you don't try to make this place a little more inviting to employees, they will find other places that give them something, whether it be the feeling they're appreciated, or free snacks, each person responds to those kinds of things differently. As employees, we also need to know that there is someplace to move up to. Titles don't mean much if I'm still stuck answering phones and doing the same thing as people with Associate in front of their title.

I left because I wanted an opportunity to really use my skills. I was willing to put in the time if I felt like I could go somewhere from where I started. Yardi is the typical corporation that is too big for its own good. Your left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...and there are some REALLY, REALLY, great people in the Salt Lake office that go unnoticed by the executive team in Santa Barbara and/or Toronto. After only being there a short time, I quickly noticed that A LOT of the team in the Salt Lake office could be strong leaders throughout your company, and I find it odd that you guys aren't cherry picking them to do great things in the company as a whole.

Apr 18, 2017 – Yardi

You are right - changes in a large company do take time. While unfortunately you were not able to see these changes before you left, we do have a team in place at the Salt Lake City office to assist ... More

10. "Great Experience for Young Professionals"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Yardi for 3.5 years. I gave it everything I had and learned so much about the job, the software, accounting, being a professional, my career goals, project management, teaching, and public speaking. Overall and incredible time. Your work becomes your life in the best and worst ways. The teams are large and you will develop real life friendships too. Also, the company culture is family orientated for the most part.

Cons

The work can be exhausting. There were weeks I'd work 55-60 hours to keep up/keep clients happy. Management plays favorites. The pay for existing employees should also be increased for the work and time commitment.

Advice to Management

Pay more. Don't pick favorites, it causes unnecessary drama in the work place. Be open and honest about promotions.

Apr 12, 2017 – Yardi

We appreciate your time spent at Yardi and all of the hard work you contributed. We’re glad to hear you learned so many things and met so many friends. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"So-So"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone at the company is friendly and will drop what they are doing to help you on a problem.

Cons

Not very collaborative when it comes to creating solutions. More like head down programming, just get it done, doesn't matter if it is elegant or robust.

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel more appreciated.

Apr 12, 2017 – Yardi

All of the friendly co-workers is one of the great aspects of Yardi! We are always looking for new ways to make employees feel appreciated and are working towards hosing more events that show our ... More