KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay is ok but great benefit package.(in 187 reviews)
  • "good work/life balance; whether you take your laptop home and work in the evening depends on you and your team lead's expectations(in 166 reviews)
  • "Great people who are very patient and willing to help you grow ans succeed(in 157 reviews)
  • "Culture is great.(in 102 reviews)
  • "Good work environment and enjoyable(in 66 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and zero listening to employees concerns from both management and human resources(in 91 reviews)
  • "The low pay leads to the extremely high turnover and not having a stable team of employees.(in 87 reviews)
  • "The starting salary is low(in 65 reviews)
  • "No work from home(in 40 reviews)
  • "Good managers were pushed out a year ago and replaced with project managers from ista.(in 36 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yardi Systems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Yardi is like a family.

Jan 4, 2022 - Solutions Consultant in Santa Barbara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I just got hired so everyone is remote but so far both management and team members have been great. Excellent benefits, opportunities to grow, feels like a family.

Cons

None so far it's been great.

2 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

We are thrilled to hear that you are having such a positive experience at our Santa Barbara location. At Yardi we believe in taking care of our employees, and are glad that you feel cared for by supportive management and team members, and that you find the culture and benefits to be outstanding. Thank you for the review!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

May 19, 2022 - Associate Technical Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and supportive coworkers, remote work but can go into the office if you want. They take care of their employees

Cons

Depending on your clients they can be difficult

Yardi Systems Response

Thank you for the great review! We are very happy to hear that you find Yardi to be such a caring employer and that your coworkers are collaborative and friendly. We appreciate hearing about your experiences and encourage you to connect with your manager as you work to determine client needs so they can best support you.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive Environment, but overworked and no room to grow

May 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

positive environment; great benefits, company pays most of the employee benefits and majority of any dependents; fast PTO accrual; current WFH/WFO hybrid; 401(k) profit sharing; supportive of women/minorities; tuition reimbursement available; upper management is caring and genuine;

Cons

not a lot of room for career growth; annual increases not guaranteed, even with the current 7.5% rate of inflation from 2021 > 2022; starting pay is slightly under market; many departments are severely understaffed, which makes every workday stressful and chaotic; customer service department has inflexible hours/schedule; difficult to have PTO requests approved; reprimanded for using company-provided sick time;

4. 4.0

Great place to work

May 4, 2022 - Softwre Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome Team, Management, Culture, Work Hours, and day to day life

Cons

Salary. The pay is pretty much the only downside to working at Yardi. A lot of people have left the CSD side because of this. Also, the reviews are given at two different times during the year. The people who have their review later in the year are shorted because they miss out on their increase, whereas others already received their increase during the middle of the year. Now that we are in a current time of inflation, this is especially true. It feels very bad knowing that your colleagues receive a raise + possible inflation 6 months before you simply because you are in another department. HR should take this into account. Other companies are displaying very enticing salaries right now. Other than being underpaid, Yardi has been a great place to work for.

2 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

Thank you for sharing about your experiences as a Software Engineer at Yardi. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying great leadership, our dynamic culture, strong work- life balance, and an ‘awesome’ team! We strive to pay in a fair and competitive manner and appreciate your insight and suggestions. Thank you for the review.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company overall but struggles in few areas

Jan 31, 2022 - Technical Account Manager in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Profit sharing (they will contribute to your 401k, even if you don't) Cool / nice people to work with Good work / life balance

Cons

Pay way under median market, especially if this isn't your first job. Lack of direction from management Too many micro-managers (mandatory daily team meetings? Not necessary.) Adamant about going back to the office.

9 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

Thank you for sharing about your experience in our Melville location. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our comprehensive benefits, your wonderful colleagues, and great work-life balance during your time with us. Employee happiness is very important at Yardi, and we work hard to pay in a competitive and fair manner. While we do use Radford salary surveys to ensure we stay competitive in our industry, housing continues to be more expensive in New York than other communities, and we can appreciate the challenges. As a precaution during these COVID times, the vast majority of our employees are working from home. While we are looking forward to seeing and collaborating with colleagues at the office when it is safe to do so, we aim to move towards a hybrid model that would enable employees to work where they are most productive. Professional who work in sales may see a bit more movement than folks in other specialties, but the natural attrition at Yardi mirrors that of other tech companies in the industry Our leadership dedicates time to mentoring, coaching and supporting their teams, providing clear direction and growth opportunities for their employees, providing quality training and subject matter expertise, and leading by example through strong work ethic. We encourage employees with concerns or suggestions to connect with their manager or with Human Resources. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hardwork Pays Off

Apr 5, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The largest department is Client Services where I work. The company invests heavily in building relationships with clients and training employees to succeed. Managers are typically not hired from outside the organization and are promoted from within. This means lots of growth potential- leaders are in high demand. No two days are the same which will keep you engaged vs. doing the same thing each day over and over. You will learn a huge array of skills- Project Management, Accounting, SQL, Cloud-Based Tech, Real Estate, Presenting to Clients, Team Collaboration, and more.

Cons

High performers are rewarded. That's not a con, but it can feel like it for some. Yardi is the number one real estate software globally, with some of the most influential real estate companies. To sustain its status, the organization is structured to reward those who perform at a top level.

1 person found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying being a manger at Yardi. It is great to hear that you are constantly learning, are building relationships with employees and clients, and that you find your work to be dynamic and interesting. Our mission is to 'Take care of our clients, take care of our employees, take care of our communities, stay focused, and grow.' We do have a culture that fosters community, growth and hard work, and we care deeply about our employees. We encourage any employee who feels as though they need additional support achieving goals to connect with their manager. We appreciate the review.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Local Senior Management Doesn't Get It

Mar 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

largely, my direct managers over the years have been very supportive and people who helped grow my career.

Cons

Employee Appreciation Week really isn't the time to get an email from a Vice President praising toxic work habits like skipping scheduled PTO, working overtime and odd hours, or taking the brunt of client complaints and escalations because your manager is "too busy". I wish I could say this was a one-time thing, but this particular VP is infamous for repeatedly praising these (and other) demoralizing habits. While most of us roll our eyes and ignore this obviously terrible praise, others take it to heart and end up completely losing their work/life balance.

6 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review. It is surprising that you did not feel more comfortable sharing your concerns directly with your manager or HR after being an employee for over 9 years. We respect your opinion; however, your comments aren’t in keeping with what we normally hear from employees in your location. We are aware that a Vice President recently sent an email about Employee Appreciation Day that was intended to thank Raleigh employees and honor their service and commitment to our clients. It sounds like this isn’t how you interpreted the communication, and we are sorry for the confusion. We care deeply about work/life balance and encourage you to contact the Vice President of HR to discuss further.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Over-promise, under-deliver

Jan 15, 2022 - Technical Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job to get your feet wet and gain some experience. The CEO really does have a kind heart and structures the company around the notion that it’s not always what you do, but how you do it. This is coupled with some really kind hearted individuals at the company and benefits that reflect a desire for work-life balance. The clientele (B2B) is almost always great (unless they’re cussing you out and threatening to hurt themselves, which, I guess, isn’t grounds to unsupport a client). Great spot to work if you’re okay with collecting a paycheck and being left alone. I’ve really WORKED probably four solid months since I started working here over a year ago.

Cons

They track your minute to minute productivity. No real opportunity for change. That means you won’t change the software, your position, your relationship with clients, the opinion of the CEO or leaders, all of it. Despite leaders leaving, products being in the “development” or “beta phase,” grinding day in and day out, and promise of new opportunities there’s almost no upward mobility. Requirement of 3-5 years of time spent in any position to be considered for leadership (despite the turnover). You’re probably thinking the 3-5 years is negotiable, it’s not. Overly-complex or overly-simplified software that’s not exactly user friendly. Low pay, but again, starting type position.

9 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

At Yardi, we strive to provide learning opportunities, foster growth, and cultivate a dynamic, communicative, and supportive workplace. We are glad that you have experienced flexibility and wonderful work life balance at Yardi. We at Yardi value employee satisfaction and happiness and encourage employees to connect with their managers regularly to discuss opportunities and facets of interest as we love to grow our employees. Promotions happen constantly throughout the company and are based on merit and performance. We genuinely encourage anyone who has concerns or feels they are not being supported or treated fairly to reach out to their manager or our VP of Human Resources.

9. 5.0

Amazing Company but Average compensation

Apr 30, 2022 - Technical Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/Life Balance - Friendly coworkers and manager - High Job Security - Great Benefits - Amazing starter company

Cons

- Below average pay for TAM roles - Advancement opportunities are limited - Internal documentation and knowledge transfer is a bit of a mess

3 people found this review helpful

Yardi Systems Response

Thank you for the great review about your experience at our Cleveland location. We also think Yardi is an amazing place to work and are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying our comprehensive benefits, work- life balance, and your friendly and supportive colleagues and management! Employee happiness is very important to us which we show by providing opportunities for growth and advancement as well as perks such as tuition assistance. Our salaries are benchmarked against Radford salary date to ensure that we are paying in a fair and competitive manner. Time spent supporting clients is captured so we can ensure that our clients’ needs are being met and the team is staffed correctly. Logged time includes training, peer and client support, as well as personal time. We encourage anyone who has questions or concerns to reach out to their manager or our VP of Human Resources to discuss further.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Very Good work life Culture

May 16, 2022 - Graduate Student
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is product-based and works for providing a real estate property management system. Good work environment Helpful team leads.

Cons

No cons as such abt the company.

Yardi Systems Response

We are thrilled to hear that you love so many things that make Yardi such a wonderful company to work for! We appreciate hearing about your experiences and are glad that you enjoyed our caring culture and your helpful team during your time with us. Wishing you the best of luck in your future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,894 Reviews

Yardi Systems Reviews FAQs

Yardi Systems has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,950 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Yardi Systems to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yardi Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yardi Systems. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

85% of Yardi Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yardi Systems 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Yardi Systems to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Yardi Systems Job Seekers