Yardi Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The team lead as a very incompetent woman was chosen due to the simple fact she is bff with the upper management (in 24 reviews)

• Smaller office and therefore limited opportunities for advancement (in 10 reviews)

"Awesome Work Culture - Terrible Time Log System"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very lenient when it comes to taking time off and the work culture is really nice. Everyone is is really supportive and smart. I love how casual this company also is and the social events that they have as well! They also help match 5% of your 401k and I'm also able to get free health insurance which is a major plus. Everyone here is also really friendly and its not a place where people will try to out-perform you since its built on team effort.

Cons

I've had the opportunity to be on several different teams and the downside is that every leader manages their team differently. There is no guarantee that you will get a good leader or a bad one because management style will depend on the person. Also, you have log time for your work to meet the minimum 80% mark daily. That is the Yardi company standard procedure and they use this mark to determine how efficient a team is. In addition, the pay salary is decent but not the best.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the system to log time. This does not show a true full picture of how a team is and some may put more weight on time logged than in other factors (e.g. customer service, etc).

2. "Cloud Support Tech"

Current Employee - Cloud Support
    Current Employee - Cloud Support

I have been working at Yardi Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Yardi System is a great place to work.

Cons

I can't of anything bad to say.

"A great company for those just starting their careers, and for those who want a stable place"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work/life balance, friendly team members, good HR, job security, well-treated and treated like family

Cons

slow opportunities for advancement--more because it's a company people like to work at for many years, pay is good but not exceptional

Advice to Management

you're doing a great job, keep it up!

Sep 11, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for the great review! Best of luck in your future!

4. "Great place to build a resume"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yardi Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Training was the main benefit.

Cons

Office environment was kind of dim and grey.

Advice to Management

Foster greater competition each month to push sales associates harder.

5. "Senior Technical Account Manager"

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great and smart employees
    Comfortable environment
    Good benefits
    Strong company that keeps on growing

Cons

Limited ability to work from home.
    Weak flow of information between management and the teams.

Advice to Management

Have more communication with your team and spend some time with everyone individually spontaneously.

Sep 12, 2017 – Yardi

We’re glad you are enjoying working at Yardi! Communication is a key part of our beliefs and values, and we encourage you to schedule time with your manager or VP to further discuss your concern... More

"Top Quality Company & Culture"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very structured and organized. Consistently improving the efficiency of their systems making collaboration fluid. They are a very charitable company and do a lot of good which the employees are involved in. The benefits and PTO are great. Management provide a lot of support and promote healthy work/life balance. They come up with many (and many dorky :) ) office events and/or lunches for the employees. Growth is encouraged and management takes time periodically to receive your feedback and desires. Company makes sure raises are given in accordance with performance as well as the current market. There's a lot of opportunity to move up or laterally according to your strengths and interests. Nobody is hovering over you and you are more or less completely independent with your day. Other employees reflect a courteous culture.
     You develop a real sense of pride for working for such a well run company that also makes a difference in the world.
    Breakroom with Endless coffee.

Cons

Day starts at 7:00 AM, but you get off at 4:00 so it depends on your lifestyle. Some work can be monotonous, but they do let you have headphones so that's nice. The office itself is kind of dull.

Advice to Management

Everything you do is awesome. It would be nice if the office had more upbeat or interesting aesthetics.

Sep 12, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying everything about the Scottsdale office from people to benefits to daily work-life! We encourage fun events throughout all of our offices - they... More

"Great place to work if you are not looking to advance in your career"

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great work environment
    Nice surroundings

Cons

Nepotism at its finest. Don't accept an offer unless you are okay with being overlooked and underappreciated for your work. There is a favorites system at play

Advice to Management

Cut it out with the "favorites" thing and recognize people who want to do well. Give people the opportunity to show you what they are capable of rather than looking them over and losing all of the good people you hire.

Sep 13, 2017 – Yardi

It sounds like you are frustrated and unsure how to move forward in your position. There are many opportunities for advancement in the company once someone has mastered their subject matter. You... More

8. "Client Executive"

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. I felt very respected.

Cons

Grew very fast and had some growing pains

Aug 30, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for the great review. Best of luck in your future!

9. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Manager, CSD, Australia & New Zealand
    Current Employee - Manager, CSD, Australia & New Zealand

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People, Great President, wants to take care of employees and very loyal

Cons

Underperformers can occasionally be allowed to stick around too long.

Aug 30, 2017 – Yardi

Thank you for the great review and for all of your time at Yardi!

"Good company if you want to use it as a jumping point."

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, casual dress code, fun atmosphere. I enjoy working here most of the time. Very lucky to have such a great development team who know what they are doing in our office. Without them this product would be a joke.

Cons

Pay is 10,000 below market for the area and experience. Promotions happen to friends, or people who keep quiet and don’t add anything special to the team. As long as you are there longest you get promoted. But it doesn’t matter if you work harder, and add something beneficial to the team, they are fine with replacing you with a cheaper option.

Advice to Management

You took surveys for employee satisfaction, now start implementing them. Allow people to work remotely, and give people who deserve it promotions, not your friends with less qualifications.

Aug 30, 2017 – Yardi

It’s great to hear that you are enjoying the atmosphere in the Atlanta office. Yardi does not show favoritism and we truly believe in the growth of hardworking employees based on knowledge not time... More