Yardi Systems Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

Pros
Cons
  • "The work from home policy is lacking (there isn't one)(in 51 reviews)

• "No cons as such with this company(in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing culture and rewarding work."

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is great. Great benefits and the company cares about the people who work here and the clients served. Yardi focus on growth and has shown that it is a leader in the industry.

Cons

Can't think of any. This company is amazing.

Yardi Systems2019-12-12

December 16, 2019Yardi

Thank you!

2. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Irving, TX

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are amazing, the pay is above the industry standard for the field I’m in (call center), and the performance bonuses are set up so that they are very attainable. The biggest pro for me personally is the office culture. Our team leads are dedicated to all of the agents, we are encouraged to do our best work, and showing initiative is rewarded. I trust the leadership in my office and love coming to work everyday. I truly feel so blessed to have found this job. So few jobs exist that don’t require a degree but still pay a living wage and I am so glad I found that with this company. I have never met Mr.Yardi but I am so proud to work for him and for this company.

Cons

Not many to speak of. It’s a call center so working on holidays and having rotating weekends isn’t amazing, but comes with the territory.

Yardi Systems2019-12-21

December 31, 2019Yardi

We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying Yardi's culture in the Irving office. We encourage you to schedule time with HR to discuss your ideas on how to enhance Wellness initiatives in the office. Thank you for the great review!

3. "Thick and thin, standing behind employees"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really dedicated to keeping teams together and going during COVID-19 pandemic. Living up to motto of taking care of our clients, our employees and our communities. Can't give enough praise during trying times.

Cons

None I can think of right now.

Yardi Systems2020-05-29

"Laid back culture, extremely giving management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic CEO, management knows how to display appreciation, team leads are easy going, fantastic benefits, great pay for work required

Cons

Limited room for moving up- Unless you have a degree, your options for moving up or lateraling within the company are limited. You're pretty much looking at becoming a more senior customer service rep, team lead, or account manager. Temp agency- You are not hired directly with Yardi for about a 6 month period, and therefore cannot enjoy PTO or benefits immediately.

Yardi Systems2020-05-19

May 26, 2020Yardi

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience in the Irving office. Great people and amazing benefits are just some of the perks of the job! Our eLearning team is continuously working on classroom trainings and online classes to help employees grow and we offer tuition reimbursement which applies to your current role or a future career path at Yardi that you would like to explore. We wish you the best in your future.

5. "Great People & Culture, Some Obstacles to Growth"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, full benefits, friendly people (all the way up to the company president), welcoming culture, good job security & stability, comfortable & modern work environments, robust training & career development initiatives

Cons

As a software company it seems that Yardi could use some catching up to its peers in regards to modernizing its own technology stacks (both internal and external). Also, pay is not great and managing to move upward in that regard can be a long/difficult process.

Yardi Systems2020-05-22

May 26, 2020Yardi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and good luck in your future!

6. "A great place for those who just want a chill dev job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

- Work Life Balance - Job security - Friendly coworkers - Great location

Cons

- Tech Debt, lack of documentation, very few standards across products. So much time is spent on crawling through the above problems, rather than actual development, which leaves much of the work boring and tedious. - No WFH - Bad dev environment. Slow computers, everything Microsoft. - Relatively low pay, slow promo cycle. - Management is outdated. Very few actually pushing the envelope.

Yardi Systems2020-05-19

May 26, 2020Yardi

The friendly people and awesome location of the Santa Barbara office are both great perks! All of our salaries are benchmarked against national norms and salary is only one component of your overall compensation, along with 100% paid health care premium, a FSA plan, 401k, profit sharing, vacation condos, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, great discounts to a variety of places both near and far, and more! As of mid-March we transferred majority of our employee to a work from home environment and will continue to WFH for some time, but look forward to being back in the office, when it’s safe to do so, to see all of the friendly faces. We encourage you to schedule time with your manager to discuss your ideas. Thank you for writing a review.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Boise, ID

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Thoughtful Leadership, great culture, and international footprint with opportunities.

Cons

Large organization could sometimes result in challenges coordinating development.

Yardi Systems2020-05-03

May 6, 2020Yardi

Thank you for the great review!

"Good but could be improved."

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great teammates, and love that I am in a role that satisfies my career goals.

Cons

I think a bit more transparency is needed between teams. It would be nice if there were more interaction between the different divisions in the company. I know we function under the same umbrella of Yardi Systems but I feel like there is very little interaction between the teammates of different product/service groups. Also, more communication from management to ensure everyone is on board. Also, while there are cultural differences due to the international scope of the company, I believe there still needs to be accountability across the board for meeting company goals and objectives. Oh and more permanent WFH opportunities aside from the necessity of it now due to Covid 19.

Yardi Systems2020-04-30

May 6, 2020Yardi

The amazing benefits and great team members truly do make Yardi a wonderful place to work! Our employees’ happiness is one of our top priorities and we strive to have a culture focused on communication, trust, and integrity. All our offices have a representative on the company-wide “Fun Committee” to plan social events in each office. These events are a great way to intermingle with co-workers you might not interact with daily. We encourage you to schedule time with your manager or HR to discuss your ideas and concerns. Thank you for your review.

"Teams are good. Bureaucracy isn’t"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid, long term company with good SaaS products. Decent benefits. Team activities and parties are fun and demonstrate that mid-level managers care about their teams and culture. Lots of locations provide ability to move if desired.

Cons

You are a cog in the machine. Fit in your place and don’t rock the boat, and you’ll do well. Think outside of the box or suggest something new, and you’ll face a constant uphill struggle. Politics and nepotism is rampant. Public company reviews and awards (“best place to work” etc) are an echo chamber and do not reflect actual employee sentiment.

Yardi Systems2020-05-13

May 19, 2020Yardi

We’re glad that you enjoyed the culture and training opportunities while working at Yardi. All Yardi employees, regardless of position, play a major role in the growth and success of the company. All Senior Managers have an open-door policy and happy to discuss suggestions and concerns. We wish you all the best going forward.

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

Yardi has been such a wonderful company to work for. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things they do from donating to our communities to paying health insurance for employees. During this pandemic they were able to move everyone remote in record time with a lot of company support.

Cons

Lack of trust/ appreciation for employees from direct managers. Remote work has historically been discouraged because of lack of trust. During this pandemic instead of supporting employees the director of our team harshly said, "Well just be thankful you are all employed and if you aren't you are free to leave." After the team meeting team members walked away feeling unappreciated. Our team is busy and growing so fast on the new platform however this is the quickest way to loose good employees.

Yardi Systems2020-04-18

April 28, 2020Yardi

We’re happy to hear that you enjoy working in the Santa Barbara office. Thank you for your note and mentioning many positive things about your experience. Our employees are critical to the company’s success and highly valued. I encourage you to reach out to your VP or HR to discuss your feelings and give them an opportunity to help improve the situation.

Found 1155 reviews