Yell Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "This really helps with my work life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "review to access"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service in London, England

I worked at Yell part-time

Pros

lots of opportunities provided, lots of communication

Cons

long hours relative to other companies

December 11, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are all certainly feeling the added pressure that this year has put on the world, given the uncertain times we are all living in with the global pandemic we are really pleased with how our employees have settled and accommodated so quickly with working from home. We do appreciate some peoples work load has increased and we will continue to offer you support through your Line Manager on how best to manage your time effectively.

2. "A total rollercoaster"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

3. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay team spirit and brand

Cons

Long hours, targets and future uncertainties

4. "Fantastic Career"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Manager in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's like running your own business in that you are trusted to HIT target after creating your own plan on how to do it. Create recognition when you succeed

Cons

Very long hours which are not always reflected in your results.

Continue reading
  5. "Almost 24 years at Yell and still have so much passion for the company and my input. #morethanajob #proudtobeyell"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career, Progression, Earnings, Culture, People you work with. Autonomy within your role. If you want to do well and work hard ... then Yell is a place you can thrive at.

Cons

Can be long hours but what job isn't when you want to do it right and build a successful career. It's about having pride in what you do consistently.

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

It is really great to understand how you still feel after this many years at Yell, thank you for sharing.

6. "It’s hard but ... Great training, support and personal development"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training Great colleagues Great manager. I will remain proud to have worked here.

Cons

Targets are tough but can be achieved with long hours. Hard for working mums to achieve. Male Manager heavy, With a female manager I often saw her bullied and or treated unfairly by her male colleagues.

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent company & outstanding training!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frome, England

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was only with Yell for 6 months, before I had to leave due to a change in personal circumstances. Yell were supportive throughout and offer by far the best training in the industry.

Cons

None really, long hours but the monetary rewards are worth it!

Continue reading
  8. "Value & Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great earning potetnial / feel valued / freedom to manage territory in the way that works for me as long as I'm doing the job / good benefits / plenty of incentives

Cons

Long hours ... but if you want the big bucks :)

"Digital Account Director"

Current Employee - Digtal Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Induction training with Lots of support thereafter. Very strong product range with excellent proof of value tools.

Cons

Lots to juggle, Long hours and have to be committed to succeed

February 20, 2018Head of Customer Onboarding

Thanks for your review and the positive feedback you have provided. It is clear that Yell is doing a lot of things right from your perspective, and that you are happy to be with us. I would completely agree that we have a strong product portfolio which is continually improving and growing, and this is an exciting time for us. In relation to your cons and advice to management thank you for providing this feedback, it is always useful to help us to continue to improve. You mentioned you have lots to juggle and the hours can be long. I appreciate that this is a fast-paced business with ambitious goals which can sometimes mean there is a lot to do. We are always appreciative of our employees that go the extra mile to achieve, but do make sure you give yourself time and permission to switch off and use the support of your manager and team. We wish you all the best with your continued career.

10. "South London Premise"

Current Employee - Premise in London, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so happy in my role. The company is the best to work for, my team are truley wonderful, and my manager is an expert at what she does. Love it here!!

Cons

Long hours, but this is so that you are prepared for every call and understand each business fully. Making you the 'Top Gun' standard that Yell expect.

December 10, 2017Head of Customer Onboarding

Thank you for the review, it’s great to hear that you are enjoying your role with us and that you have a wonderful team and Manager. We understand that at times the working hours can be long but as you have stated, we work hard to ensure consistently good service for our customers and we are very appreciative of all employees that go the extra mile. We wish you the best of luck in your career with Yell!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews