Yell Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 20, 2020

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "This really helps with my work life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Web Support Specialist"

4.0

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher pay than other employers

Cons

No work life balance and lots of management transfers

December 10, 2017Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, Thank you for the review, it isn’t clear from the review when you left the business, but we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. In terms of your feedback one of our key focuses this year has been on facilitating employee’s with managing their work- life balance and where possible we now offer agile-working and home-working across the business. Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

2. "Quality co-workers sinking together at a company with no future and no leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here are some of the good things: Good work/life balance High quality co-workers who care about the business Nice office park Lots of jokes can be made about working for the phone book

Cons

Here are some of the bad things: Print advertising is dead No faith in new company direction Leadership not innovative - their "new" direction is just copying other people Secretive about future changes Did not leverage people to improve company

Continue reading

3. "A total rollercoaster"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

4. "Pretty Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great location Flexible homeworking Good work/life balance

Cons

All meaningful work has been outsourced

September 17, 2020Head of Recruitment

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We are pleased you feel you have flexible working and a good work life balance, a healthy work life balance is extremely important to use, given the current times even more so!

"hell"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay is okay, work/life balance okay

Cons

micromanegement to the net level, managers throwing other managers under the buss, don't care abut their employees, paid peanuts for doing a lot, vieo training sessions and expecting people to become experts overnight after watching 2-3 videos

6. "Supportive Company"

Current Employee - L&D Consultant

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent team work, supportive with work/life balance and generally a really good environment to work in.

Cons

Corporate bonus scheme and benefits previously weren't great, however this year seem to have much more opportunity and much fairer in line with sales.

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your career with us. Collaboration is one of our new values so it is great to hear team work as one of your pros! Our people make Yell an even more enjoyable place to work. We have recently changed and improved our Corporate bonus scheme to align with our new internal "Hartley Awards" and to make the bonus more substantial to our employees meaning there is a higher bonus earning potential for all. We are very excited to see our new scheme in action and to celebrate the success of our employees in the near future.

7. "Great people, benefits and flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am trusted by my Manager to work flexibly, which for me often means working from home when I need to at little notice. This really helps with my work life balance! The business has been through a lot of change and we are starting to feel like a brand new company, and the buzz of excitement is contagious. We have a refreshed Senior Leadership Team and we are all excited for the future of the business. I work with some great people and the discount hub is great - I often get cheap cinema tickets and discount retail vouchers, which are nice.

Cons

In the Reading office we don't have parking which is a shame, but the train station is so close that it doesn't really matter!

March 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to learn that you feel trusted and have the ability to work flexibly, which suits you. We are aware that not all of our roles are able to have the same level as flexibility, but as a Company we are starting to move into this space and have recently introduced compressed hours and split shifts, as well as homeworking, to a team - which is great for them, and our customers!

"Great Place to work !!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ive been working for yell for 17 years and couldnt imagine working anywhere else Career Opportunities, ive been lucky enough to work from home for 10 years, which helped with by work life balance and family Great Uncapped Bonuses very rewarding !!! Great Recognition Events The yell People ( Family :-) )

Cons

Targets can be stretching if having a long holiday but other than that nothing!

February 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to have you as a member of our team!

9. "Still Here 20 Years Later... Say No More"

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work life balance Opportunities for promotion

Cons

The office environment needs improvement. Sometimes too cold, sometimes too hot and lifts have been poor but are improving

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is important that people do have a work life balance so it's great to see if referenced in your review.

10. "Good commision"

5.0

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Healthy work life balance at this company

Cons

Pay scheme changes every quarter

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Work/life balance for our people is important to us as we want to provide flexibility in the workplace whether than is in one of our offices or at your home. It is great to hear that you are highlighting this as one of our pros.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 English Reviews