KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.1
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great time

Jun 29, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place. Great people. Nice time.

Cons

Hard to handle. It’s a grind. Pay more.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's fine for the right person

Jul 24, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's a good place to start your career, though I wouldn't strive for a long term career within Yelp. - The other reps are some of my closest friends

Cons

- Management is okay. My first manager was amazing, my second was a NIGHTMARE. I lost several deals because when I needed manager access for certain issues with accounts, her exact response would be "what do you want me to do about it?" She SUCKED. - You are worthless if you aren't closing deals. I mean...WORTHLESS. I would constantly have to remind myself that I'm worth so much more than this job almost on a daily basis. - A bit cult like. No one likes being there ,but the managers spend way too much time trying to convince employees the job doesn't suck. - base pay is not even livable. - Yelp wasn't transparent about the commission structure, so I'll put it here: you have to sell $12,000 in ads PER MONTH before you get commission. On top of that, you only make $130 off of $12,000 worth of sales. I hope this puts things in perspective.

3. 5.0

6 years at Yelp

Jun 4, 2021 - Senior Elite Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will meet the most compassionate, funny, and caring people and makes lifetime connections and friends. The job has clear cut expectations and gives you all the tools and training that you need to be successful. Anyone that works hard can succeed. I liked the AE role and never left it for 6 years. I like working with local businesses and helping them. I like how the commission structure clearly states how much money you can make. I struggled at first but after a few years I was making more money than all the people my age at a job where I could leave at 5:30 with no stress. I personally like structure and routine. I also like knowing exact metrics needed to succeed. If you are determined and work hard the sky is the limit for you. I stayed in the account executive role and was making six figures easily. I had the opportunity to be on the landing team in the Washington dc office. Personally I think the account executive role is the best job in the company.. The job changed my life.

Cons

The job is definitely challenging but that is every sales job. What makes this job special is that you will meet the most caring amazing people and I always felt excited to go into work every day. I will cherish the relationships I made here forever. Everyone supports one another and wants to help each other succeed.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Experience with sales

Jul 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-the team environment is cool -nice incentive -Yelp academy is great, doesn't just throw you in (3 months of training)

Cons

-no vertical career growth besides becoming management -we are doing the same thing every single day

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience

Jul 26, 2021 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent experience that can be transferred to various other sales/marketing roles in the future!

Cons

Aggressive sales tactics as with most cold calling positions and nature of cold calling

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do NOT accept this role lol

May 9, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- coworkers can become your best friends - pantry - free cafe bar - benefit packages

Cons

- the entire role itself. if you love cold calling, getting cursed out at by business owners who have been contacted multiple times and still do not want yelp ads, and being micro managed by your manager and your director...this is the job for you. i only enjoyed coming to work for my co-workers/teammates. i loathed every second i was here and management will torture you with daily meetings on how they can help when literally...it's not you that can't close or sell. it's the fact these leads all have been contacted by yelp many times and hate us. even when you've exhaust your pipeline, they make you call business owners over and over again. management sucks. you are constantly being micro managed by your manager and they will play your phone calls out loud to your team and make your team give you constructive criticism. the day i put on my resignation, my manager literally still made me stay the whole day and "pretend" to work - so i had to still make dials and try to close. she didn't acknowledge me once, didn't come up to me, and was super cold and rude to me. within 5 minutes before dismissal, she then told me i could leave. she got mad at me for using my phone and pinged me to "try to look like i am working". horrible. also, NO CAREER GROWTH if you are in AE positon.

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things went. By listening to the needs of our employees, we are able to make Yelp a great place to work for everyone. Last year, we recognized the need to address offensive clients and prospective clients who use racially-charged language in their communications with our employees. We do not want their business, and will not tolerate hate speech directed at our employees. We've also implemented resources to make it easier and safer for employees to report internal incidents of discrimination or harassment. We're also working to create more paths to leadership through sponsorship and advocacy, and to establish checks and balances around promotions. Your input is heard, and we'll be sure to share it with our leadership team. Your contributions to the team are appreciated and we wish you the best of luck in your next role.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great but end is near

Jul 22, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product works, remote, speaking with different people and industries, have had some rewarding moments helping businesses grow

Cons

Politics, marketing department, stress, compensation, high dials, micromanaged

Yelp Response

Thank you for letting us know how things are going. Sounds like you're having an overall positive experience, and it's always great to have rewarding moments along the way! The Account Executive role is important now more than ever as AEs are helping local businesses reopen and get back on their feet with the help of Yelp Ads. Keep up the great work on this front, your contributions are valuable! We encourage you to lean on your manager about some of the concerns you're having. They're here to help you succeed and find ways to support you better. We understand there's always room for us to improve as a company, so we'll be sure to pass up your notes to our leadership team so we can keep making Yelp a great place to work!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Stay for a year or two and move on

Jul 7, 2021 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture, good people, solid first job out of college to begin a career in sales.

Cons

It's a call center environment (sometimes) using aggressive tactics to one-call-close deals over the phone (very transactional). Leadership is meh.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your input! It's exciting to hear that Yelp was a great place to start your career as a new grad and that you enjoyed the folks that you worked with. We're truly lucky to have some of the best colleagues! The AE role is a challenging one that requires ongoing learning, an eagerness to learn, and adaptability. While our managers are here to provide continual support, we understand that this environment may not be for everyone. We appreciate your contributions to the team and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Learned a lot!

Jul 21, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training for new hires Fantastic benefits There are some amazing managers The product is amazing Diverse employees

Cons

Not the most professional environment - there’s some unprofessional behavior and the culture can be clique-y Some problematic people (and some bad managers that offset the good ones) They do not value tenure Not a good pay structure - and there’s not much opportunity for growth

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

Review

Jul 29, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great snacks, drinks, and great people to work with. Good benefits as well. Had a good time

Cons

Cold calling can be tough. Hitting quota is definitely challenging as well. Need yo have a good manager

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,706 Reviews