KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work For

Mar 22, 2021 - Customer Success Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Yelp - the culture is great and when the office is open, it's a great environment.

Cons

No cons minus WFH due to pandemic.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! We're delighted to hear that you enjoy being on the team. We all look forward to when we can be back together in the office again. Until then, keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

COVID-19 took a toll...

Jul 20, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and the on-site kitchens.

Cons

Lack of proper resources and conniving management.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Closest Thing to a Legal Sweatshop

Apr 7, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good food, lots of food, and I was lucky that my coworkers were cool. They also said that there were opportunities for career advancement, and I was a top performer, but I never saw any opportunities.

Cons

Literally, everything else is a con. You're expected to be on the phone for 8 full hours, being harassed and slandered by Yelp's customers, without any tools that can actually help you address their situation. Not to mention your manager will probably encourage you to be super vulnerable and get very very personal and deep into your life, break you down, and give you no tools to build yourself back up. They just want you to trust them so that you will be dependent. Not to mention, this role is advertised as a "marketing consultant for small business owners" but don't let that fool you into thinking it is anything other than a call center for customer service. If you work in customer service and you like it, this would be a great role for you. HOWEVER, if you work in marketing this is NOT a job for you, even if the job description says it is. It WILL set your career back and the only thing you'll have to show for it is the word 'Yelp' on your resume. Nothing more.

Continue reading
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 16, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you land a good manager you will really enjoy working for this company. Your manager can really make or break your experience.

Cons

Disconnect between Executive Suit and Management. All hands are not interactive just a video with talking and numbers. Constantly changing people around. Like moving puzzle pieces which irritates the clients. Pay people what they are worth.

Continue reading

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things are going! We agree that the relationship you hold with your leadership team is an important part of your overall work experience. It's great to hear that in this case, you have a positive relationship with your manager and that you're feeling supported. We strive to offer every employee a world-class compensation package that's not only competitive, but is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401k matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. We encourage you to have a conversation with your manager about some of the concerns you may be having so that we can find ways to support you better. Your feedback is appreciated and we'll be sure to share it with our leadership team so we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

its alright

Apr 23, 2021 - Customer Success Specialist II in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is great about work life balance

Cons

Only department paid fairly is sales.

Yelp Response

Thanks for letting us know how things are going! We know that having time away from work can be critical to the success and wellbeing of our employees, and we're happy to hear that you're feeling supported in maintaining that healthy work life balance! Our team works hard to ensure that we're offering fair & competitive compensation packages to all of our employees, regardless of their department. That being said, we base our compensation packages on what employees value most - total rewards. This includes things like 401(k) matching, stock incentives, and cash bonuses to name a few. Please keep your manager in the loop about your expectations in the role. Transparent conversations can help us find ways to support you better. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company was great but laid off 1000 employees in 1 day

May 25, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great perks and location for in person work

Cons

too many people, feel lost in the shuffle.

Yelp Response

Thank you for letting us know how things are going. It's great to hear you're seeing the value of our employee perks and benefits! Yelp connects people with great local businesses, and as their worlds have been turned upside down, these businesses are understandably forced to pause or reduce spending on the products and services that Yelp provides. Over the last year, we've worked to adapt quickly to these circumstances and make changes internally while putting our employee's health and mental wellbeing at the forefront. We encourage you to continue having open and transparent conversations with your manager about some of the concerns you may be having so that we can find ways to support you best. Keep up the great work, we're happy to have you on the team!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

100% remote

May 6, 2021 - Customer Success Manager I in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yelp cares for their employees, we get $100 monthly for WFH allowance and $70 monthly for wellness. Good benefits and PTO. Amazing culture and people.

Cons

Phone and chat all day.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Feb 18, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture, good food, nice coffee stand, good people.

Cons

Monotony of the job, the role itself, the benefits, and the management.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your quick feedback! Sounds like you had an overall positive experience during your time here. We're all missing our colleagues and barista friends, as well! We appreciate your notes regarding your role and leadership team. We understand that as a company, there is always room to grow and learn, and we value any help with those efforts.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A place for College Grads that want to stay in College

Apr 12, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Trainers for your first two months

Cons

Toxic Work Environment and managers go on a power trip

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed being part of the Yelp Sales Development Program and that you were able to see the value in it. One of the best things about the Account Executive role is that it offers an opportunity for success to people of many backgrounds and experiences. We have AEs that have recently graduated college, folks early on in their careers with 1-2 years experience, and even seasoned sales veterans that find that the position offers a good mix of challenges, rewards, and opportunities for growth. Your feedback is heard and we'll be sure to keep listening to the concerns of our employees so we can keep making Yelp a great place to work!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great for experience not the best pay

Mar 23, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and people. Opportunity to learn.

Cons

Hard to move departments. Poor salary. Boys club in the national sales department.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews