58% would recommend to a friend
(4828 total reviews)
72% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Yelp
2 years ago
At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?
Got a burning question about Yelp? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Yelp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and perfect for highly motivated outbound sellers or people who respond to high energy management." (in 452 reviews)
- "the people there are great and it looks good to have Yelp on your resume." (in 412 reviews)
- "Something that is so great about working here is the culture and investment the managers actually have in your life." (in 307 reviews)
- "Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning." (in 200 reviews)
- "The Product! Yelp is easy to sell with their great training and proven product that works for small businesses." (in 189 reviews)
- "Managers and Directors for the life of theirs do not admit there are better territories to call 2 than others." (in 262 reviews)
- "Low pay and not enough resources" (in 245 reviews)
- "Poor management and tough clients" (in 240 reviews)
- "I don't understand how they expect people to survive off such a low salary." (in 123 reviews)
- "The recruiter is lying when they tell you that you will make commission your first year." (in 90 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.
Found 4,828 of over 5K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFort Lauderdale, FL
Pay, work life, benefits, team, support from management and co workers
There weren't any cons. They really work with you if you're struggling or need advice. Great place to work and highly recommend.
- 5.0Nov 1, 2023Senior Community DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsIndianapolis, IN
This was my first job out of college and I've been here for over six years now. I already know that I'll never have another job as wonderful as this one. My friends who work at other companies have come and gone, but I've stayed at Yelp because of their incredible culture, top-notch employees, and specifically, my fun position (I get to plan events, help local business owners, create social posts, write blogs, and more for a living). From the maintenance person at the office in San Francisco to the other community managers and the exec team at the top, every single person I've met here is friendly, approachable, creative, innovative, interesting, and open to new ideas. The perks are great too (I casually got a gift box of Hispanic treats at my door this week from Yelp for Hispanic Heritage Month). If you're thinking of applying... do it! Every candidate always hears back.
Now I can never leave because I've been treated too well - haha.1Yelp Response4w
Thanks for your feedback and for all of your hard work and contributions over the last six years! It is so exciting to hear that even six years in, you still feel like you have the best job ever. Many folks find that staying at Yelp for many years (or forever, as you mentioned!) is possible as long as there's ongoing career growth. We encourage you to keep your manager in the loop about your career goals and aspirations so that we can continue to find ways to support you in getting there. We're thankful for all that you do!
- 5.0Nov 1, 2023Associate Account Executive TraineeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Very good training process for new hires. Excellent sales script to rely on for the first months on the job. Some top performing reps use the script word for word years into the job.
Worked in sales for 10 plus years and having a hard time finding any cons at this early stage in my Yelp career. However, this job is hard and not for the faint of heart. BUT, if you're disciplined, mentally tough and driven you can make big $ while learning how to sell; or if you're a seasoned sales professional, there is easily $100k to be made and I'm hearing about many top reps making $200 plus. Other advanced roles exist for tenured Yelp rep can make considerably more, from $300k and up.Yelp Response4w
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we are so glad to hear that your experience on our team so far has been five stars! As you mentioned, the Account Executive role is one of the more challenging at Yelp, which is an expectation we go to great lengths to set during our interview process. Cold-calling roles, no matter where you do it, are tough, where we're different is in our training and curriculum, as well as the ongoing coaching and development that managers provide to their teams. Most folks find that when they stick to what they learn during their training, they can successfully connect with business owners to share the value and power of Yelp Advertising. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us! We are thankful to have you on the team and look forward to many more years of growth.
- 5.0Oct 22, 2023Senior Account ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeIrvine, CA
Great benefits and pay and Great management
Everything is great at YelpYelp Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you're having a five-star experience on our team so far. Keep up the great work!
Yelp Reviews FAQs
Yelp has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 5,035 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Yelp to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
58% of Yelp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yelp 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.