KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

good at sales

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

good spot nothing bad to say they paid me well

Cons

lateral movement, some micromanging here and there. could be better

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star review! It's fantastic that you had a great experience at Yelp and that you saw the value of your role. We appreciate your feedback regarding the management style of our leaders. Our goal is to give ample support for our sales team while they learn new sales skills and practice new tactics. This sometimes includes things like barging calls to assist with closing deals or managers having team check-ins multiple times per day to ensure everyone is on-track to achieve their goals. We understand there's always room for growth and improvement, so we'll be sure to share your input with our leadership team.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Intro to Corporate Culture, but Toxic Workplace

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Support Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong “team” culture, cool office with lots of perks, good initial training program

Cons

The Sales Team is under big pressure to meet quota and would manipulate both customers as well as coworkers. If you’re interacting directly with business owners whether in a customer service or sales role, be prepared to be screamed at on a fairly nonstop basis. To be fair, sales tactics would lead to business owners buying ad programs that they did not understand the full cost of due to misleading explanations of “promos” and “bonuses”. Business owners end up understandably upset after receiving massive bills for generally ineffective ad programs that they did not think they were paying for in the first place. The biggest problem to me was the way in which the Sales Team interacted with other employees, particularly the ones supporting them. The would frequently manipulate, yell, and flat out lie, yet there seemed to be very little effort or interest in curbing this behavior.

3 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We appreciate your thorough feedback. It's great that you enjoyed the culture at Yelp and saw the value in the Yelp Sales Development Program. The Yelp Sales Development Program teaches new team members new sales techniques and strategies, however, lying to our customers is not in our playbook, nor is it ever tolerated. We encourage our employees to bring their concerns to their managers when they see unethical behaviors, including any interactions with leadership that aren't in line with our values. If you'd like to share additional details with us about what happened, please do so at employeefeedback@yelp.com. Your feedback is heard, and we'll be sure to share it with our leaders so that we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for employees that are beginning their career directly out of college

Jul 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great people Stocked kitchen Making an impact on small business owners Team Building events Initial training was decent

Cons

Territory issues Parking situation Communication issues Customers getting overcalled by multiple sales reps Unable to self prospect in terriotry

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and that you saw the impact of your work. One of the best things about the Account Executive role is that it offers an opportunity for success to people of many backgrounds and experiences. We have AEs that have recently graduated college, folks early on in their careers with 1-2 years experience, and seasoned sales veterans that find that the position offers a good mix of challenges, rewards, and opportunities for growth. Additionally, in recent years, we've made changes to overhaul our territories. These changes are designed to give each person a more balanced group of accounts and move away from a traditional "patch" of contiguous zip codes. All told, these improvements are creating a much more equitable and modern territory assignment system for our sales force. We will continue listening to our employee's input to make sure we're supporting our folks as best as possible. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share your feedback with our team so we can continue making Yelp a place to work!

4. 1.0

Not what I expected.

Jul 6, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits started the first day of work.

Cons

They want you to sale the product to people even if you believe they don’t really need it. It’s non stop calling of getting hung up on or leaving voicemails.

Yelp Response

We appreciate your thoughtful and thorough feedback on your experience at Yelp. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the perks and benefits that are offered to every employee and will be sure to keep up the great work on this front. We're deeply sorry that your time with us was not what you expected. We go to great lengths during our interview process to set expectations on the challenges of the role, as we never want to spring surprises on anyone on day one. Many new and tenured employees at Yelp truly enjoy their jobs and find that the continuous challenge is inspiring and helps them grow their skill sets. We understand that this environment might not be for everyone, and in some cases, can be overwhelming. We also understand that as a company, there is always room for growth and improvement, and your feedback helps us take another step in that direction. Your notes will be shared with our leadership team so we can continue listening to the needs and concerns of our employees. We wish you only the best in the next step of your career, and are thankful for all of your contributions to the Yelp team.

5. 3.0

If you get the job, Work HARD

Jun 25, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have countless events, meetings and motivational meetings to get you going. Amazing kitchen with tons of free food and drinks.

Cons

When asking for help from managers, you get plain motivational help. Something like "just try harder and you'll make it".

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Avp

Jun 1, 2021 - Sales Associate in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment for making friends

Cons

Management was not that good

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's awesome that you're having a positive experience overall and finding great friends among your teammates. We encourage you to keep having open and transparent conversations with your manager so we can find ways to support you best. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're on the team!

7. 4.0

Great Company

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working for Yelp, A LOT! I enjoyed management and the patience that the team had. The team was almost like family! I would reccomend working for Yelp to anyone that asks.

Cons

I got fired for inconsistancy and slow learning

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Just sales

May 12, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for what it is

Cons

bad pay for what it is

9. 4.0

Ok

May 1, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Food is a good perk and people are awesome

Cons

I just don’t like cold calling

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Support Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

People and benefits are awesome

Cons

pay is lower than most places

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews