KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Constant Growth

Jun 29, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-visibility and access to upper leadership (you truly have a voice and can get time in any of the VPs calendars) -you face challenges daily in the role (this allows for an environment where you never feel like you are at a stand still but rather constantly learning and growing) -support from peers is encouraged and real (you can always get the support you need really within an hour from a supporting peer or manager)

Cons

-larger team sizes (managing 10-12 people at a time)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with lots of potential career growth

Apr 5, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many people that are willing to go above and beyond for you. Very team centric, so with work from home you always have a chat going and people to reach out to if you are struggling. Great commission structure. Lots of available training for reps and managers when needed. Great benefits and they really listen to their employees about how to make them even better.

Cons

This job is all about what you make of it. If you put in the effort, implement feedback, and have a good attitude, you will be successful. If you are scared of rejection, aren't willing to work hard, or tend to blame external factors when things don't go your way, you will struggle.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working at a frat

Jul 14, 2021 - Junior Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you are willing to sell your soul and your brain

Cons

This is a male centered frat house. Expect drinking your way or flirting your way to the top

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thanks for taking a moment to give us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had to experience that. This is not the culture and environment that work so hard to cultivate. We want every employee to find a rich and vibrant culture of inclusion, belonging, and inclusivity. We will pass along your feedback to our leadership team so that we can continue making improvements and making Yelp a great place to work for all. We're thankful for your time with us and wish you the best of luck in the next step of your career.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Manager

May 19, 2021 - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training/culture/leadership - all great place to work and make day to day enjoyable! Lots of new exciting initiatives

Cons

less competitive pay than other Bay Area jobs. High volume, need to work on employee retention

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great learning springboard

May 20, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, lot to learn

Cons

Gimmicky, long hours, con artisty sometimes

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible Culture of Tenacity and Transparency

Oct 28, 2020 - Senior Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Tenacity is taught on day one. It's felt from the CEOs tenacity to fight for what's right (Anti Google, black owned biz, employee work/life balance, etc) to entry level AEs driven to hit their daily/monthly numbers - Everything is transparent. Yelp gives you the full playbook to succeed. AI driven leads vetted for you, data on the biz and marketplace, ability to see what the client sees, scripts, live streams of successful reps, commission sheets, promotion rubrics, etc. Everything is given to you. You then have to go out and use it to your advantage - A ton of support from leadership. Whether its personal matters outside of work, you need help closing a deal, or you want to pivot to another department you will have supportive managers and directors. - Benefits - Great for parents, great for short term (stocks), and great for long term (401k 3% match) - Community - Consumers, employees and biz owners all are aligned in the mission to connect people to great local biz (and to have fun while doing it!)

Cons

Promotion opportunities after 4 years are hard to come by

Yelp Response

Thank you for your thoughtful five-star review! It's so great to hear that you had such a positive experience during your 5-7 year tenure with us and that you saw many of Yelp's values in action. Our people are our greatest asset and we work hard to make sure that everyone feels valued and appreciated. We are so thankful for your contributions to the team and are happy to have had the opportunity to work with you. We'll be sure to pass up your feedback to our leadership team so we can continue to make Yelp a great place to work.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great career starter

Apr 4, 2021 - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-sales education is amazing, especially for SMB, MM sales people -networking

Cons

-low pay. It’s a lot of work and long hours for a non competitive rate

Yelp Response

We appreciate your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you found your sales training valuable and had plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues. At Yelp, we strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401k matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our goal is to create compensation packages that are competitive in all of our markets and that are based on what our employees value most - total rewards. Your input is heard and we'll be sure to share it with our leadership team so we can keep making improvements.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

All the tools to succeed

Sep 1, 2020 - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will give you all the resources and help you need to succeed. All you have to do is ask. Successful people in your role or roles above ALWAYS make themself available to provide feedback as well as tips and tricks for you to excel. If you prefer not to be vulnerable with a peer or superior, they have online training and resources for mostly all scenarios. They only reason you might fail is if you are not willing to ask for help.

Cons

It is A LOT of recent graduates who are VERY entitled. They are not familiar with what it means to work hard and feel like they need their handheld for everyday tasks. People who fail there are either afraid to ask for help or do not care enough to actually take the advice of people who are trying to help them. It is frustrating to deal with people who need to be coddeled 24/7.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's always great to hear that employees felt like they had plenty of support in their roles and felt that they could ask for that support when they needed it most. On your advice to management, we work hard to ensure that all of our conversations among our teammates are as transparent and clear as possible, which includes setting clear expectations. We'll be sure to share your notes with our leadership team so that we know where improvements need to be made. We're all doing our best to ensure that Yelp promotes a positive environment where we can all thrive, and your feedback contributes to that goal. Thank you for your contributions to the team, we're glad we had the chance to work with you!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay pay

Mar 8, 2021 - Associate Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When in office, this was a fantastic community of grinding young sales people

Cons

Its a giant grind, and the combo of the grind and having to be a therapist for these early 20 year olds in the first sales job getting tons of rejections everyday is a drain.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team, culture, work options, technology, environment

Cons

Not sure of specific cons that come to mind

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! It's great to hear that things are going well and you're finding plenty of things to love at Yelp. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews