KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Yelp employee

Jul 25, 2021 - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people and management who are always ready to push you to your to doing your best even when you think you cant do what others are capable of all the time

Cons

It is online so you stay at home and don't get the every day human face to face contact that a normal job would offer

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Sounds like things are going great and that you're finding a support group helping you to grow professionally. We know working from home is a different experience, and can sometimes be challenging to not be among your peers. We encourage you to browse our Employee Resource Groups and joining any that pique your interest, as well as our internal Yelp virtual events for employees. These are a great way to stay connected even in a remote world. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh.

Jun 3, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits - Okay salary - Good training

Cons

- Call center - Mentally tolling - No room for growth

3. 3.0

Great company

Jun 24, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team culture and benefits.

Cons

Very micro managed to hit daily metrics

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for a beginner sales job

May 9, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun work environment, great lounge with tons of free food, built many relationships

Cons

there's so many people you're just a number to them, some managers were great but mine was rude and did not know how to speak to her team to help motivate them, she picked favorites, not much room for growth

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay job

Apr 9, 2021 - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people were awesome but to familiar

Cons

The work was very stressful

Yelp Response

Thank you for letting us know how things are going! Sounds like you enjoyed the folks you worked with and had an overall positive experience at Yelp. We understand that while the AE role can be highly rewarding and exciting, it can also come with its fair share of challenges. We encourage you to lean on your manager as they are here to support you and help you get to your goals. Your feedback is heard and we'll be sure to share it with our management team. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to begin your sales career, but that's about it

Mar 31, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great snacks and place to learn how to do sales

Cons

Micromanagement, poor work-life balance, poor pay

Yelp Response

We appreciate your feedback! One of the best things about the Account Executive role is that it offers an opportunity for success to people of various backgrounds and experiences. We have AEs that have recently graduated college, folks early on in their careers with 1-2 years experience, and even seasoned sales veterans that find that the position offers a good mix of challenges, rewards, and opportunities for growth. We support the growth of our employees through a hands-on management style, and to some, this may feel like micro-management. Our goal is to give ample support to our sales team while they learn new sales skills and practice new tactics. This sometimes includes things like barging calls to assist with closing deals or managers having team check-ins multiple times per day to ensure everyone is on track to achieve their goals. We know this approach is not for everyone, but we've created a successful and supportive environment through this strategy. We're thankful for your input and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

It was okay

Feb 4, 2021 - Sales Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, managers care about your success

Cons

The pay and pay raises are small

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It is my dream

Jan 27, 2021 - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great way to grow your income

Cons

The first 2 years are harder

Yelp Response

We're so happy to hear that working at Yelp was a dream come true for you! A career in sales truly puts you in control of your own success and becomes what you make of it. We're thankful for your 5-7 years of hard work and hope that we get the chance to work with you again in the future.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Excessive Sales

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was the only thing

Cons

The demand for the sales was so stressful and managers are not so good

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate that your experience at Yelp wasn't great and that pay was the only positive thing you found about working here. We understand that the Account Executive role can be challenging. Our interview process is designed around transparency so that everyone who comes onboard has a solid understanding of the highs and lows that a career in sales can bring. While most folks at Yelp find the Account Executive role to be exciting and rewarding, we understand that it may not be for everyone. Your feedback is heard, and we'll be sure to share it with our leaders. We're thankful for your time at Yelp and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good foot in the door, depending on manager

Jan 14, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free food - Energetic office environment - Off-site events and beer on tap every day after work - You are in charge of your own success

Cons

- VERY metrics based... in the eyes of management, even if you are meeting/exceeding your quota, there's always something you could be doing better - Hard sell... you are contacting business owners who have been contacted by Yelp countless times. - Low base pay and no commission during ramp up time - Extremely hard to hit quota, especially in COVID times

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that Yelp was a great place to get your foot in the door and launch your career in sales. The managers at Yelp are devoted to the career growth of each individual here. Sometimes that can look like various one-on-one conversations throughout the day, and setting sales quotas that encourage people to continually improve. While this environment is inspiring for most, we understand that it may not be for everyone. Listening to the concerns of our employees is a crucial step to helping us improve Yelp for everyone, and we're thankful for your help with those efforts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews