KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

good at sales

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

good spot nothing bad to say they paid me well

Cons

lateral movement, some micromanging here and there. could be better

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star review! It's fantastic that you had a great experience at Yelp and that you saw the value of your role. We appreciate your feedback regarding the management style of our leaders. Our goal is to give ample support for our sales team while they learn new sales skills and practice new tactics. This sometimes includes things like barging calls to assist with closing deals or managers having team check-ins multiple times per day to ensure everyone is on-track to achieve their goals. We understand there's always room for growth and improvement, so we'll be sure to share your input with our leadership team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Yelp employee

Jul 25, 2021 - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people and management who are always ready to push you to your to doing your best even when you think you cant do what others are capable of all the time

Cons

It is online so you stay at home and don't get the every day human face to face contact that a normal job would offer

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Sounds like things are going great and that you're finding a support group helping you to grow professionally. We know working from home is a different experience, and can sometimes be challenging to not be among your peers. We encourage you to browse our Employee Resource Groups and joining any that pique your interest, as well as our internal Yelp virtual events for employees. These are a great way to stay connected even in a remote world. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Constant Growth

Jun 29, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-visibility and access to upper leadership (you truly have a voice and can get time in any of the VPs calendars) -you face challenges daily in the role (this allows for an environment where you never feel like you are at a stand still but rather constantly learning and growing) -support from peers is encouraged and real (you can always get the support you need really within an hour from a supporting peer or manager)

Cons

-larger team sizes (managing 10-12 people at a time)

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Intro to Corporate Culture, but Toxic Workplace

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Support Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong “team” culture, cool office with lots of perks, good initial training program

Cons

The Sales Team is under big pressure to meet quota and would manipulate both customers as well as coworkers. If you’re interacting directly with business owners whether in a customer service or sales role, be prepared to be screamed at on a fairly nonstop basis. To be fair, sales tactics would lead to business owners buying ad programs that they did not understand the full cost of due to misleading explanations of “promos” and “bonuses”. Business owners end up understandably upset after receiving massive bills for generally ineffective ad programs that they did not think they were paying for in the first place. The biggest problem to me was the way in which the Sales Team interacted with other employees, particularly the ones supporting them. The would frequently manipulate, yell, and flat out lie, yet there seemed to be very little effort or interest in curbing this behavior.

3 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We appreciate your thorough feedback. It's great that you enjoyed the culture at Yelp and saw the value in the Yelp Sales Development Program. The Yelp Sales Development Program teaches new team members new sales techniques and strategies, however, lying to our customers is not in our playbook, nor is it ever tolerated. We encourage our employees to bring their concerns to their managers when they see unethical behaviors, including any interactions with leadership that aren't in line with our values. If you'd like to share additional details with us about what happened, please do so at employeefeedback@yelp.com. Your feedback is heard, and we'll be sure to share it with our leaders so that we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for employees that are beginning their career directly out of college

Jul 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great people Stocked kitchen Making an impact on small business owners Team Building events Initial training was decent

Cons

Territory issues Parking situation Communication issues Customers getting overcalled by multiple sales reps Unable to self prospect in terriotry

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and that you saw the impact of your work. One of the best things about the Account Executive role is that it offers an opportunity for success to people of many backgrounds and experiences. We have AEs that have recently graduated college, folks early on in their careers with 1-2 years experience, and seasoned sales veterans that find that the position offers a good mix of challenges, rewards, and opportunities for growth. Additionally, in recent years, we've made changes to overhaul our territories. These changes are designed to give each person a more balanced group of accounts and move away from a traditional "patch" of contiguous zip codes. All told, these improvements are creating a much more equitable and modern territory assignment system for our sales force. We will continue listening to our employee's input to make sure we're supporting our folks as best as possible. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share your feedback with our team so we can continue making Yelp a place to work!

6. 4.0
    Former Intern

good

Jun 28, 2021 - Sales Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good internship expereience to learn

Cons

Cold calling might not be for you

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good to Go

Jan 13, 2021 - Local Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support from counterparts and management Lots of training and tools to sharpen the skills Lets you know what you're made of Not for the meek Remote, good for safety and introverts lol Great benefits and reimbursement programs Very open and inclusive culture, recognizes diversity and acceptance of ALL GREAT IT support Good IT equipment and voucher for office equip. Stock options, 401k. Lots of complaints here about the metrics/quotas/callers not wanting to talk to you, its all really a mindset/perspective thing. If you want it.....it is HERE. I see it all the time.

Cons

Being remote, you can not connect with your team and or learn from hearing their calls. Still corporate at the end of the day.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with lots of potential career growth

Apr 5, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many people that are willing to go above and beyond for you. Very team centric, so with work from home you always have a chat going and people to reach out to if you are struggling. Great commission structure. Lots of available training for reps and managers when needed. Great benefits and they really listen to their employees about how to make them even better.

Cons

This job is all about what you make of it. If you put in the effort, implement feedback, and have a good attitude, you will be successful. If you are scared of rejection, aren't willing to work hard, or tend to blame external factors when things don't go your way, you will struggle.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working at a frat

Jul 14, 2021 - Junior Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you are willing to sell your soul and your brain

Cons

This is a male centered frat house. Expect drinking your way or flirting your way to the top

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thanks for taking a moment to give us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had to experience that. This is not the culture and environment that work so hard to cultivate. We want every employee to find a rich and vibrant culture of inclusion, belonging, and inclusivity. We will pass along your feedback to our leadership team so that we can continue making improvements and making Yelp a great place to work for all. We're thankful for your time with us and wish you the best of luck in the next step of your career.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not what I expected.

Jul 6, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits started the first day of work.

Cons

They want you to sale the product to people even if you believe they don’t really need it. It’s non stop calling of getting hung up on or leaving voicemails.

Yelp Response

We appreciate your thoughtful and thorough feedback on your experience at Yelp. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the perks and benefits that are offered to every employee and will be sure to keep up the great work on this front. We're deeply sorry that your time with us was not what you expected. We go to great lengths during our interview process to set expectations on the challenges of the role, as we never want to spring surprises on anyone on day one. Many new and tenured employees at Yelp truly enjoy their jobs and find that the continuous challenge is inspiring and helps them grow their skill sets. We understand that this environment might not be for everyone, and in some cases, can be overwhelming. We also understand that as a company, there is always room for growth and improvement, and your feedback helps us take another step in that direction. Your notes will be shared with our leadership team so we can continue listening to the needs and concerns of our employees. We wish you only the best in the next step of your career, and are thankful for all of your contributions to the Yelp team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 243 Reviews