Yelp San Francisco Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2020

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
  1. "Great company to start"

Current Employee - Senior Site Reliability Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

People are nice. Not stressful, great place to work

Cons

Base salary is lower than industry

Yelp Response

We love to see five-star feedback! It sounds like you're seeing the value of your work and are having an overall positive experience. We're glad you're finding Yelp to be a great place to work and are enjoying the people that you work with. We strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401k matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, we work hard to create a compensation package that is competitive in all of our markets and is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. We're thankful that you took a moment to share your feedback with us, and we'll be sure to share it with our leadership team so that we can continue making improvements. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're on the team!

2. "Great place for career growth"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance, lateral growth, vertical growth

Cons

inexperienced management, lower pay range

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! We're happy to hear that you're finding a solid work-life balance and finding plenty of opportunities for growth in you role. All of our managers go through a rigorous Leadership Development Program before being selected for management. We pride ourselves on promoting from within, and as a result we give some leaders the opportunity to do so for the first time in their career. We're thankful for your feedback and are so glad you're here!

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

Supportive Management, Listen to employees and Transparent.

Cons

Should have better benefits (like 401 contribution etc)

Yelp Response

It's great to hear you're having a five-star experience and feeling supported in your role! We always want to make sure our teammates feel valued and heard, and it sounds like that's exactly what you've found. We appreciate your feedback around 401k contributions and will be sure to pass it up to our leadership team. Keep up the great work, we're glad to have you on the team!

4. "Hard work but fun environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

- co workers - trainings - free food - learn how to use sales force - develope sales skills - ability to make alot of commison

Cons

- low base pay - same everyday task of cold calling - boring

Yelp Response

Thank you for your honest feedback! It sounds like you've found a number of positive things here, such as your co-workers and the variety of skills you're learning. We understand that cold calling can be difficult and challenging at times. We encourage you to lean on your manager so we can provide the support you need. We'll be sure to pass up your feedback to our leadership team so we can continue making improvements and providing transparent updates. Cheers to your success, we're so glad that you're on the team!

5. "Great lifestyle culture, but leads to bad business results"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Director, Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of people who care about each other.

Cons

Management plays not to lose, but doesn't go for the win. Frustrating plays for great people to work at.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback, we're happy to hear you found a great group of people to work with! Your feedback is solid and we agree that we should always be going for the win. We'll be sure to pass this up to our leadership team so we can keep making Yelp a great place to work. Thank you for your time with us, we wish you the best of luck!

6. "great!"

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

great work life balance, growth opportunities

Cons

compensation is lower due to stock performance

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! We're happy to hear you're finding a good work-life balance and finding opportunities to grow. We're glad to have you on the team!

7. "Best culture of anywhere I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership cares about employee wellbeing and doing the right thing. Coworkers are smart, invested, kind, and fun. Not much bureaucracy. Lots of opportunity for career growth. Reasonable working hours - lots of parents work here!

Cons

Share price is pretty flat.

Yelp Response

We love getting five-star feedback! Hearing that you feel supported by leadership and that you are enjoying your co-workers makes us feel proud about our team. We're thankful to have you at Yelp and look forward to all that you will accomplish.

8. "Great Friends - awful salary, toxic environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time

Pros

friends, experience, office, snacks, coffee

Cons

salary, unrealistic expectations, bad territories

Yelp Response

We appreciate your feedback on your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you made great friendships and enjoyed the perks of being in the office. We always want to make sure that we're being transparent and honest about the role, and even go as far as to set these clear expectations in our recruiting process. We're sorry to hear that your role wasn't in line with what you were expecting, and hope you've found a role that excites you.

9. "Good Career Starting Point"

4.0

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

- Great culture - Good work life balance - Ergonomic tech stack

Cons

- Not enough senior engineer - Company direction

10. "Dial dial dial"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, great benefits, Great training

Cons

Long hours, over priced products

Found 573 reviews