KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.2
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice cultulre

Jul 8, 2021 - Software Development Engineer (SDE) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are helpful here. work life balance is good. Manager are transparent. I would strongly suggest others to join.

Cons

don't have lunch. affected by covid.

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's great to learn that you're feeling supported in your role and that you're finding a healthy work life balance. We're proud of the work that we do here, and are glad that you're seeing the value of your contributions. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

2. 5.0

Great company

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Pom-o-sa Heights, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

A+ work environment, smart coworkers, not overbearing management

Cons

Salary is low compared to industry

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! Sounds like things are going excellent overall and that you're enjoying your colleagues. We appreciate your input around compensation and will be sure to pass it up to our leadership team so we can keep making Yelp a great place to work. We're thankful for your hard work and contributions, keep up the great work!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start a software engineering career, and that's about it.

May 27, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy and work life balance

Cons

management, growth opportunities, inexperienced engineering org

2 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. It's great to hear that you had autonomy and a healthy work life balance during your time at Yelp! One of the best parts about working at Yelp is having the opportunity to be promoted within, and as a result we give some leaders the opportunity to do so for the first time in their career. We value training for all of our employees, including our managers, so training and coaching is an ongoing part of their career at Yelp. We appreciate your input and time with us!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work at

Apr 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay considering the work life balance is great

Cons

Pay is not top of market but I think the culture and WLB makes up for it

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall good culture and people

May 21, 2021 - Yelp Software Engineer - New Graduate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Great culture - Work life balance

Cons

- Company is not growing anymore - TC is not high

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic People and Challenging Problems

Sep 22, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yelp is a really great company to work out. Some things that I value: * Genuinely nice, friendly people across the board. My employees are a pleasure to work with and are always looking out for each other. There's no backstabbing or competition like you might find in other companies. * Challenging problems to solve. The work is hard, and Yelp Engineering is constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. * Good work-life balance. There's no expectation that you work long hours or work on weekends, in fact it's actively discouraged. Management is very understanding of family needs and personal needs as well. * Trustworthy, transparent leadership. The leaders at Yelp have to make a lot of hard decisions, but when those decisions are made it's communicated clearly and with authenticity. * Remote-friendly. The company has been vastly expanding its resources for remote employees, and it has a good culture of communication to support remote employees.

Cons

* The stock price * Salary is probably not competitive with some of the bigger companies in the industry * Yelp is still going through a lot of growing pains as a company in terms of processes, structure, and scale.

Yelp Response

We truly appreciate your five-star feedback! It sounds like you've found plenty of things to love about Yelp, and we're so glad to hear you're enjoying being part of the team. We appreciate your suggestions on some of the things we can improve, and we will be sure to share them with our leadership team so we can continue to make things better. Keep up the great work, we're thankful for your contributions to the team and look forward to many more years of growth!

7. 4.0

Good work life balance

Apr 28, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Nice people. Good opportunities for growth is you seek them out.

Cons

Pay is under market. Decision making is slow. Not a place to go if you want to be part of a high performing team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Ownership of domains - Super supportive management and peers - Work life balance

Cons

- Maybe can start giving bonus

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We're happy to hear you're having a five-star experience! It sounds like you're feeling the value of your work and enjoying your manager and colleagues. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share it with our leadership team. Keep up the great work, and we'll continue doing all we can to support you as best as possible. We're glad you're here!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 10, 2021 - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good WLB, very nice culture

Cons

Relatively low salary, no free food

Yelp Response

Thank you for letting us know how things are going! It's great that you've found a healthy work life balance and are enjoying the vibrant culture at Yelp. We strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. We appreciate you sharing your voice with us, it's what helps make Yelp a great place to work!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it!

Jan 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They have an amazing work-life balance - Their benefits are pretty good - Managers & teammates genuinely care about others

Cons

- None so far, like it all so far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews