KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Yelp Employee Reviews about "business owners"

Updated Oct 1, 2021

Found 73 of over 4,266 reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
2,011 Ratings

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the people there are great and it looks good to have Yelp on your resume.(in 371 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and perfect for highly motivated outbound sellers or people who respond to high energy management.(in 366 reviews)
  • "Something that is so great about working here is the culture and investment the managers actually have in your life.(in 271 reviews)
  • "Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning.(in 196 reviews)
  • "Always learning and great training(in 164 reviews)
Cons
  • "Managers and Directors for the life of theirs do not admit there are better territories to call 2 than others.(in 236 reviews)
  • "Micro management, your boss is like a buddy and that can be complicated at times, it gets ridiculously monotonous and the pay sucks.(in 218 reviews)
  • "Low pay and not enough resources(in 196 reviews)
  • "I don't understand how they expect people to survive off such a low salary.(in 108 reviews)
  • "Also you don't make commission unless you're really really good and can hit their commission 'threshold' they have every calendar month.(in 76 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "business owners"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Young, hip culture, Sales based, Understaffed, Great pay and benefits.

Jan 29, 2015 - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company for young, social individuals. Fully stocked free kitchen, fun work environment, and great pay and benefits for a position that does not require a bachelors.

Cons

The Account Management department is extremely understaffed. Even missing one day puts you very behind. Every day is extremely busy. A lot of your day consists of getting yelled at by unhappy business owners regarding critical reviews or the Recommendation Software which can be wearing.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Downhill after the first week.

Feb 20, 2019 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people - met some really great friends and you learn to love your coworkers. Also have free breakfast and coffee is nice.

Cons

I could go on and on about how terrible this role is. It may seem exciting at first working at a big company in corporate SF but it will make you miserable. 1. Hours are way too long 8-5 of straight calling is mentally draining . 2. Expectations - making 80 calls a day to people who have been verbally harassed by Yelp for the past 5 years. They expect you to magically convince those people that Yelp will work for them and basically force you to be an aggressive salesperson. You face rejection every second of the day and that gets real old real fast. 3. You will be unhappy every second of the working day here. Your coworkers will start to drop like flies and you'll realize that you're worthy of more. I don't wish this job upon my worst enemy. The pay is terrible and the work itself is even worse. I would rather be a Starbuck's barista. Do yourself a favor and find something better than this. Do not sacrifice 40 hours of your life every week to be ripped apart by angry business owners who hate you before you call. It's not worth it. Oh also you don't make squat even if you close deals.

Continue reading