KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Yelp Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

Found 402 of over 4,266 reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
2,011 Ratings

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the people there are great and it looks good to have Yelp on your resume.(in 371 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and perfect for highly motivated outbound sellers or people who respond to high energy management.(in 366 reviews)
  • "Something that is so great about working here is the culture and investment the managers actually have in your life.(in 271 reviews)
  • "Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning.(in 196 reviews)
  • "Always learning and great training(in 164 reviews)
Cons
  • "Managers and Directors for the life of theirs do not admit there are better territories to call 2 than others.(in 236 reviews)
  • "Micro management, your boss is like a buddy and that can be complicated at times, it gets ridiculously monotonous and the pay sucks.(in 218 reviews)
  • "Low pay and not enough resources(in 196 reviews)
  • "I don't understand how they expect people to survive off such a low salary.(in 108 reviews)
  • "Also you don't make commission unless you're really really good and can hit their commission 'threshold' they have every calendar month.(in 76 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Account Executive

Jun 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only benefit was the free food and coffee but after a while it gets boring. I would rather have a higher salary than free food/coffee anyday.

Cons

It is very tiring and mentally draining. Everything else sucked. Got yelled at for taking more than 3 bathroom breaks.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great sales education

Oct 7, 2019 - Jae in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of energy that makes you become motivated if you are not already. Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning. Growth within the company and accessibility to move to other locations if positions are available from New York to San Francisco. Sales tools and technique that invaluable to ones future in a sales role or in any other job, it allows oneself to grow into the position, learn how to become assertive without sounding rude or pushy.

Cons

Micro-management, to many group rounded ups to reinforce what needs to be done for the day and what are the numbers that need to be achieved (say it once or maybe twice a week) everyday is excessive. Noise level can be extremely bothersome that can throw you off your game or make it difficult to hear what is being said. Lack of direction of what to do in case there is an emergency (extremely poor communication) from management. The pressures of 80 dials 2hrs of talk time can be overwhelming but it can be done. Biggest issue I have is the amount of times I/we have moved deak and pod areas it serves no purpose and does not allow for one to adjust to he/she area of operation (you cannot have a since belonging, you nomad always moving).

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy our sales tools and unique perks. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges, like reinforced sales numbers and desk moves from time to time, so thank you for sticking with us through the growing pains. We value your input and are glad that you're on team Yelp!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

terrible job

Sep 8, 2019 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food and most of the employees were great

Cons

terrible management, lied about what the job actually would be like (cold calling business owners who hate yelp). Basically just get hung up on everyday and call about 80 + businesses who don't want to hear from yelp

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible culture of micro management

Dec 19, 2020 - Account Executive in New York, NY