Yelp "fully stocked kitchen" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Yelp Employee Reviews about "fully stocked kitchen"

Updated Dec 2, 2019

3.2
Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,332 Ratings
Pros
  • "Free food, excellent team culture(in 227 reviews)

• "You also never have to worry about breakfast or lunch with a fully stocked kitchen(in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • "The only cons that I can think of is simply the grind of a sale position and the challenges one faces in trying to educate the business owners(in 211 reviews)

• "Sales are drive through cold calls, you'll need to have a growth mindset(in 75 reviews)

Reviews about "fully stocked kitchen"

Return to all Reviews

"No Regrets, Just Love"

Former Employee - Elite Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

-meet some of your best friends here -build a back bone (lots of rejections from both business owners and managers/directors) -fun environment -good managers sometimes, luckily i had the best managers while there for the most part but some managers aren't that great so luck of the draw -barista, fully stocked kitchen, stocks (i don't know if they still offer), 401k, health, gym reimbursement,

Cons

-80+ cold calls a day -territories do matter so pray you get a good one -if you don't drink the kool aid you will be negative and not make it, so drink it in the beginning -you don't need to stay here longer than a year, get your 6-12 month experience and go somewhere else before you lose sight of the real world and think this is it -college vibes if you are not into happy hours, the gem saloon, and office... drama then this is not the place for you -retention (if your accounts don't keep paying then it is deducted from your commission) -figure out your path early on or else you will be endlessly dialing until indeed, yext, or some other sales place taps your shoulder and offers you the same job for 5-10k more -strict with time - you can't really just leave whenever to get a coffee outside.. 8:30-5:30 lunch from 12-1

Advice to Management

i don't regret working here at all. i learned a lot about myself, but i don't think there needs to be cliquey environments, or only kool aid drinks be promoted to management. i think Yelp should be a bit more competitive with pay and more people would stay (5-10k increase guarantee more senior level people would stay) Overall, still a 5 star experience but just some advice!

Yelp2019-07-22
  2. "Good Steady Job, Difficult Position"

Former Employee - Associate Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

FREE INSURANCE, stability, stocked kitchens, baristas. ability to move up after one year

Cons

difficult job, really REALLY emotionally taxing and draining. not for the faint of heart.

Yelp2019-12-02
  3. "Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Elite Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for someone just starting out. You learn a ton, and they help you with basic sales knowledge. The pay is very transparent, and the ability to make good commission is not impossible (although can be very challenging). Decent benefits, stocked kitchens with snacks, fun company culture.

Cons

It can be very difficult to make commissions due to factors outside your control (territory plays a major role). Managers tend to have no prior management/leadership experience. Plus, the job is a grind, and the call volume can be overwhelming.

Yelp2019-11-06

"Wouldn't Recommend"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of free snacks, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, amazing coworkers. At Yelp you work in teams and you get so close to them. I worked out of the D.C. office and the only reason I didn't want to leave is because of the people I met. Definitely a crash course into sales. Monthly team outings are great too because they're paid for.

Cons

At Yelp you get territories and you're responsible for knowing everything about them, the businesses, and you sell to them. What they fail to tell you is that your territory has already had 10+ reps from Yelp call them a million times so once you introduce yourself and where you're calling from they already hate you. Businesses in your territory are burnt out especially if you have small town areas or areas with no... large cities near by or foot traffic. The only time you may get lucky with a close is when its a new business. And most of the time those businesses just don't have the funding for advertising.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging! Expectations are way too high and being spoken to like a child, or pulled into a meeting because you've had a bad three selling days is horrible. Work on speaking to your employees in a more respectful way and not in a way that's demeaning or as if you were selling to us.

Yelp2019-10-31
  5. "Good starting job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

stocked kitchen, good work atmosphere, culture

Cons

micro management, lack of privacy

Yelp2019-09-20

"Managed to survive almost a year, would never do this again"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good insurance that's paid by the company. - A fully stocked kitchen that has some good stuff (that you'll end up avoiding after a few weeks in the job). - Meeting new people your age since they'll keep you sane when the work kicks in. You might make a few friends.

Cons

So I managed to stay here longer than I wanted to, but the truth is that I wanted to quit 3 days into the job though I lasted 10 months. Every day felt the same, vet 10 in, kick 10 out, have a round-up where the same goals and topics about reaching business owners are repeated non-stop, and make calls for 8 hours a day. I felt like I was stuck in a never-ending loop. Whenever someone on my team got on a call and... went to the first live search, managers would barge in and feed us lines which, at the end of the call, they would congratulate us for fighting the business owner and defending the company even though we said the lines they fed us word for word. Speaking about managers, many of them; if they had worked for another company; would've been fired for acting like children or college freshman and the incentives they gave out were also childish at best (Make a 3.24 before noon and get a breakfast sandwich or be out at 2 PM? Am I in elementary school?). I endured plenty of stress and panic attacks, including having two of them within 24 hours, just to stay afloat in this job for a paycheck that's laughable with a commission structure that isn't all that's promised along with a business model that needs to be updated and not centered around harassing business owners every two days. Plus the opportunities to advance are thin unless you want to be calling mid-size businesses with 5-9 locations, national businesses or be a manager in the hopes you roll out with a team of new hires into the vet org.

Advice to Management

Change your business model and realize that business owners aren't dumb and they're purposely avoiding cold calls or recording them and posting it online for people to hear.

Yelp2019-09-25
  7. "Great place for 1 year tops than get out"

Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Great sales training program 2. Trial by fire. You'll develop thick skin after 3. Stocked Kitchen 4. You learn how to sell to people who hate your product which may be one of the most difficult things to do

Cons

1. Daily grind, smile and dial. Youre entire job is centered only around calling and selling over the phone. You're a telemarketer pure and simple. 2. Some serious cool-aid going around the office. People have convinced themselves that Yelp is the answer to every small business owners problems 3. Ethical boundaries are often crossed. Manager pushes you to sell to those who probably don't have the money and/or... fully understand the product. 4. They will pay you the bare minimum and expect you to make all your money on commission. When i started my starting salary was $35k/year which equates to about $900 bi-weekly after taxes.

Yelp2019-09-30

"Great for your first year after college only"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet a ton of people, fully-stocked kitchen, generous pto and benefits.

Cons

They treat you like children, you’re extremely micromanaged, and everyone there is extremely stressed all the time because of the high amount of pressure that sales managers put on their reps.

Advice to Management

Watch out who you hire into management, and relax a little. People shouldn’t be THIS stressed at work. You’ll realize it’s not normal when you move on to a position with another company.

Yelp2019-07-27

"Come with a goal in mind, or don't come at all"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

*stocked kitchens *good benefits * great people work with *if your good at the job, you will make money, compensation is pretty fair

Cons

*metrics focused, though they say that's not true * no transparent career pathways out of sales, * micro managing to the max by your manager *no unlimited PTO, you gotta earn it and use it while you can The big one to take away here is the fact that really the only upwards mobility you have is to move from different parts of sales, can't really get out of Sales at Yelp.

Advice to Management

make metric goals realistic, don't tell people "you can get out of sales" when you really can't, also train managers not to just expect everyone to operate the same way as others.

Yelp2019-07-17
  10. "Good start in Sales!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, great training, food in stocked kitchens, management opportunities

Cons

Burn out, repetitive day to day

Yelp2019-06-30