KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Yelp

Is this your company?

Yelp

Add a Review

Yelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 198 of over 3K reviews

3.4
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,702 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fun culture, free food, good money(in 277 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 199 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Uphill battle having to constantly convince business owners that Yelp is not this corrupt monster of a company(in 248 reviews)

• "All cold calls, lots of burnout(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's in your hands

Nov 22, 2020 - Elite Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture, office perks are/were great

Cons

the cold calling nature, it is what it is

Yelp Response

We appreciate your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience working here and that you're enjoying the group of folks that you are working with. We understand cold-calling can be challenging at times, and we always encourage you to lean on your manager so we can continue to provide additional support where it's needed. Your work here makes a positive impact, and we can't thank you enough for your contributions to the team. Keep up the great work, we are glad that you're here!

2. 4.0

A Great Place to Build a Huge Sales Network

Jan 7, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you do well you can go far and make a decent amount. The sales culture is young and people are full of energy. Being with them is super fun and you are able to meet a ton of really great people and develop and extensive network in the tech sales industry.

Cons

It's the same thing everyday. Talk with lots of angry people because the reputation of the company precedes it, and almost everyone you call has been called many times. It's usually a hard sell.

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad that Yelp provided many opportunities for you to network and meet new people. Sales is definitely a challenging role, mainly due to the large amount of rejection that's expected anywhere you do it. While many people find this exciting and rewarding, we understand it may not be for everyone. Yelp is lucky to have some of the most talented minds in the industry (just like you) working here, and we are thankful for your hard work and contributions to the team.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get in what you put in

Jan 5, 2021 - Senior Elite Strategic Client Director III
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, great commision

Cons

base pay is low, career advancement tapers off

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you're having an overall positive experience at Yelp and seeing the value of your work. We encourage all employees to have a conversation with their manager about their career goals and aspirations so that we can support you in the best way possible. Quarterly Conversations are just around the corner, so take advantage of this time to share those goals with your manager! We're thankful for your contributions to the team over the last 5-7 years, keep up the great work!

4. 2.0

Highs and lows

Sep 17, 2020 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Really what brings everyone back every day. Commission payouts can be great if you are a really consistent rep. Office culture was nice before we were moved to WFH with COVID.

Cons

Very monotonous job. Room for growth is pretty limited. You either are front line sales, or you manage other reps. When you're not closing deals, things can be really rough. Culture became pretty lost once WFH/Covid started. The empathy for not closing during covid was existent. I really feel like the handling of employees in covid was bad. Letting thousands of people go at the snap of a finger. Then really crashing down on reps when a lot of businesses were not able to buy ads during covid.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We appreciate your honest and thorough feedback! It sounds like things were great when our teams were in an office, and some of the great camaraderie might have been lost during the transition to a work from home environment. We acknowledge things are different when our teams aren't physically together and are instead meeting on video calls from home. Our Culture team has gone to work to create virtual learning events and new opportunities where our teams can spend time together virtually. We're still working through the challenges these quick work from home transitions demanded as a result of COVID-19, but rest assured, it's a priority for us to ensure that teams feel connected, even virtually. We're thankful for your feedback and plan to continue listening to the individual needs of our employees so we can support them as much as possible. We appreciate your contributions to the team and wish you the very best of luck in your next role.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Decent job for the time being but keep looking at better opportunities

Jan 18, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch, Health Insurance, Partys, Great People, Place to really grow and test your persuasion skills

Cons

Low pay, hard product to sell, no room for growth

6. 2.0

Not worth it

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meet great people, great benefits

Cons

essentially a sweat shop with management that has too much of an ego. dying company.

7. 3.0

stressful work environment

Jan 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, fun teams, cool office

Cons

stressful, no positive feedback, never satisfied

8. 5.0

Work smart, not hard

Aug 17, 2020 - Elite Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They taught me a lot about sales in general. From the ground up they teach you how to put your nose down and work for success. Blessing and a curse, but ultimately was exactly what I needed. Great people, amazing culture/benefits.

Cons

Like I said above, you'll work hard. If that doesn't sound like something you're up for, tread lightly!

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! A career at Yelp is truly what you make it, and we're so glad that you found your role as an Elite Account Executive to be inspiring and exciting. We're thankful for your hard work and dedication at Yelp and wish you the very best of luck in the next step in your career.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start but don't stay too long

Dec 1, 2020 - User Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, solid snack area, benefits were decent

Cons

Upper management was not receptive to ideas, no room for growth, a lot of favoritism was shown among associates, work became monotonous

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things went. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefited from the perks of being an employee here! We understand that there is always room for improvement within our company, and listening to the concerns and feedback of our employees is how change is made at Yelp. We're thankful that you've shared your feedback with us, and we'll be sure to pass it up to our leadership team so we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

10. 4.0

nice

Oct 31, 2019 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mostly great people, awesome company culture, good benefits, good learning experience. If you've got the personality and grit to hit your metrics for years on end, the job can be very rewarding. Met some incredible people; never worked at a place with so many intelligent, positive attitudes and stellar characters- shout out to Sully.

Cons

There is a reason this company has a super high turnover rate; the average tenure lasts 2 years before people throw in the towel. Most of your day is going to be calling people that do not want to talk to you. The hyper-aggressive contact strategy is sub optimal. If you're paired up with the wrong manager, it can taint the entire experience. For a time I was paired with an outlier that liked to tread on the borders of what's acceptable with HR policy, and would periodically violate that. She had spurts of mental breakdowns in team meetings, violations of privacy, heavy usage of negative reinforcement and condescending language kind of ruined the entire experience, and I had resistance getting transferred to a more compatible manager. She was definitely an outlier however- in general Yelp hired some pretty great people.

Continue reading

Yelp Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We totally agree that the people at Yelp at very talented! Like you mentioned, your manager at any job can make or break your experience. That’s why all of our leaders go through a robust Leadership Development program to make sure that their behaviors and leadership skills reflect the Yelp culture. The behavior you described is not the norm here and if you’d like to share more details with us, please send us an e-mail at employeefeedback@yelp.com. We’re glad to have had you on the team in the Scottsdale office and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews