KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Yelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Nov 20, 2021

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,995 Ratings

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and perfect for highly motivated outbound sellers or people who respond to high energy management.(in 376 reviews)
  • "the people there are great and it looks good to have Yelp on your resume.(in 375 reviews)
  • "Something that is so great about working here is the culture and investment the managers actually have in your life.(in 267 reviews)
  • "Free food and snacks which is important if you are on a fixed income at the beginning.(in 195 reviews)
  • "The Product! Yelp is easy to sell with their great training and proven product that works for small businesses.(in 179 reviews)
Cons
  • "Managers and Directors for the life of theirs do not admit there are better territories to call 2 than others.(in 240 reviews)
  • "Micro management, your boss is like a buddy and that can be complicated at times, it gets ridiculously monotonous and the pay sucks.(in 213 reviews)
  • "Low pay and not enough resources(in 203 reviews)
  • "I don't understand how they expect people to survive off such a low salary.(in 105 reviews)
  • "Also you don't make commission unless you're really really good and can hit their commission 'threshold' they have every calendar month.(in 82 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yelp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

AC YR

Oct 10, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people to work with.

Cons

Did not get to work there long enough to experience the culture during normal times.

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a great overall experience during your time at Yelp. We appreciate your input, it helps us know we're headed in the right direction. We wish you the best of luck in your next career move!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A bit of a grind but lots of benefits and great people

Nov 20, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Great people

Cons

A lot of cold calling

3. 3.0

Great Company, Job Not for Me

Nov 11, 2021 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, the company culture is great. people are nice

Cons

Micromanagement style from managers to make sales during a pandemic Very high pressure to make sales Commission is not earned for every sale, you have to make a certain amount before you make commission Pay is low, commission makes up the rest if you ever make commission.

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! A great career is not only a healthy mix of challenging and rewarding work but also a great compensation package and a vibrant work environment where every person feels valued and heard. We're glad you found that at Yelp! The managers here are devoted to the career growth of each individual on the team. Sometimes that can look like various one-on-one conversations throughout the day, and setting sales quotas that encourage people to continually improve. While this environment is inspiring for most, we understand that it may not be for everyone. We're thankful for your time at Yelp and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

4. 5.0

Great starting job

Sep 24, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, culture, a company I was proud to work for.

Cons

Wish there were easier paths to management and more structured way to get there.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

great place

Aug 9, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

i love working here. I've met great people.

Cons

turnover rate is high but that's okay, sometimes it doesn't work out for everyone

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Yelp employee

Jul 25, 2021 - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people and management who are always ready to push you to your to doing your best even when you think you cant do what others are capable of all the time

Cons

It is online so you stay at home and don't get the every day human face to face contact that a normal job would offer

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Sounds like things are going great and that you're finding a support group helping you to grow professionally. We know working from home is a different experience, and can sometimes be challenging to not be among your peers. We encourage you to browse our Employee Resource Groups and joining any that pique your interest, as well as our internal Yelp virtual events for employees. These are a great way to stay connected even in a remote world. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're here!

7. 3.0

Review

Jul 29, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great snacks, drinks, and great people to work with. Good benefits as well. Had a good time

Cons

Cold calling can be tough. Hitting quota is definitely challenging as well. Need yo have a good manager

8. 5.0

Great time

Jun 29, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place. Great people. Nice time.

Cons

Hard to handle. It’s a grind. Pay more.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for employees that are beginning their career directly out of college

Jul 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great people Stocked kitchen Making an impact on small business owners Team Building events Initial training was decent

Cons

Territory issues Parking situation Communication issues Customers getting overcalled by multiple sales reps Unable to self prospect in terriotry

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and that you saw the impact of your work. One of the best things about the Account Executive role is that it offers an opportunity for success to people of many backgrounds and experiences. We have AEs that have recently graduated college, folks early on in their careers with 1-2 years experience, and seasoned sales veterans that find that the position offers a good mix of challenges, rewards, and opportunities for growth. Additionally, in recent years, we've made changes to overhaul our territories. These changes are designed to give each person a more balanced group of accounts and move away from a traditional "patch" of contiguous zip codes. All told, these improvements are creating a much more equitable and modern territory assignment system for our sales force. We will continue listening to our employee's input to make sure we're supporting our folks as best as possible. We appreciate your input and will be sure to share your feedback with our team so we can continue making Yelp a place to work!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall good culture and people

May 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Great culture - Work life balance

Cons

- Company is not growing anymore - TC is not high

1 person found this review helpful