Yeo & Yeo Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Hollerback

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great work/life balance"

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time

Pros

One of Yeo & Yeo's core values is to maintain a family focused work environment. The firm goes above and beyond to ensure this is the case for everyone. They offer the capability to "bank" your overtime hours to use as you please, which really helps when you are seeking additional time off.

Cons

Change has been slow in the past, but more recently, the firm is making great strides in updating its policies, work environment, technology and improving communication across all offices.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek innovative ways to grow and be a firm that is attractive to upcoming generations.

Aug 29, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your generous feedback! The ability to “bank” overtime is truly one of the unique things about our firm. Our salary employees are rewarded with an overtime bonus pay, figured at... More

2. "Computer Consulting"

I worked at Yeo & Yeo full-time

Pros

Most employees were bright with high integrity and nice to work with. Tw o stars for good employees.

Cons

Environment is old school. Tech employees, who were micro managed, seem to be more fearful for their jobs than the rest of the firm. Young tech employees recruited from college were worked extensively with little flexibility for finishing school.

Advice to Management

If tech employees are viewed as a commodity, and it is working, then there is no advice. If the firm is looking to grow in the computer consulting area, advice is new leadership.

Apr 28, 2017 – President & CEO

We appreciate your candid feedback. At Yeo & Yeo we realize that our employees are our best asset and without them, we would not be in the position to provide the high level of expertise and service... More

"Team Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Auditor in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Auditor in Southgate, MI

I worked at Yeo & Yeo (More than 5 years)

Pros

There seemed to be an atmosphere that fostered teamwork. There was also alot of opportunities for great training. The firm invested in the skills of the staff.

Cons

The ride was a little longer having to drive out to Ann Arbor, for our office, instead of the Southgate office, where we moved from. I think it would have still been a good asset to maintain a physical presence in the Downriver area. Just a thought.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the intangibles of the staff that you have. Sometimes, the intangibles do not present themselves as immediate positive dollar signs. But those intangibles may be key components to helping to maintain the positive culture of the overall firm that drives it forward.

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Coworkers & partners very friendly & helpful

Cons

Pay & advancement opportunities were limited

Nov 4, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience with Yeo & Yeo and your kind words about our friendly, helpful staff. Our professional staff-to-principal ratio is about 4-to-1 while national firms range from... More

"Administrative Assistant"

Pros

Nice people, great work environment, management is fair and family oriented

Cons

I have a long commute to work.

Advice to Management

None

Aug 29, 2015 – President & CEO

I appreciate the positive comments. How often do we hear on the news that less than 50% of Americans like their job? Our goal is for our professionals to love their job.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall great benefits, pay, and vacation time. Firm really focuses on putting clients first and serving them in the best way they can. They also highly stress community involvement with different non-profits or organizations, which is great. They have employee development inside the firm and they are open to self-development trainings outside the firm as well. Co-workers are willing to train new employees and are good at making them feel welcome and including them in events.The partners are not just on a partner to partner communicating level, but a partner to staff communicating level as well. They have created a great open door policy and actually stick to it. Vacation time is generous for starting staff and they are generally pretty flexible with you taking time off.

Cons

Work hours can get long during the busy season - which is typical of any accounting firm during tax or audit seasons. However, you are able to bank or get paid out for any overtime hours, which makes for a great incentive.

Apr 15, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the firm. It is great to read about the author’s enthusiasm for working at Y&Y. They did a great job at articulating the benefits and... More

"Very professional work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Employees are treated in a professional manner by management and their peers. Employees are given many opportunities for training and personal development. Growth, while serving clients' needs, is the firm's priority.

Cons

Many employees must work overtime.

8. "Neutral"

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great people to balance life with

Cons

Leadership lacks direction, very poor communication of expectations, CEO out of touch with reality

Advice to Management

Work on communication and true open door policy.

"Family oriented company that wishes to see it's employees succeed and grow."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are extremely good and are provided at minimal premiums. The company recognizes talent and the Partners are encouraging to pursue further education and certification. The firm places great emphasis on a work-life balance and is very family oriented. Co-workers make sure to include you in events and make you feel welcomed from day one. Overtime hours are allowed and may either be banked or paid at your respective wage rate which is very hard to find in the accounting profession and is a major perk.

Cons

Tax season hours are typical for any accounting firm, but the firm balances this with an excellent policy regarding overtime hours worked.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on family orientation while growing and expanding the firm.

10. "Yeo & Yeo has a great work environment and the all-around benefits of being an employee of the company are priceless."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Midland, MI

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are developed personally and professionally within and outside the company. The salary structure with the comp. days & all of the additional benefits (PDO, insurances, etc.) is above and beyond almost all other employers. The firm gives you the ability to volunteer during business hours at many different non-profits.

Cons

A few challenges that come with at any public accounting is balancing the workload and personal time during the busy hours.

Advice to Management

Try to further develop the mentor-mentee program. There are so many things to learn, like billing, account management, business development, etc., however there are not too many guidelines that new and up-and-coming employees can follow. A mentor would be an excellent person to "show-the-ropes" to the new employees.