Yeo & Yeo Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Hollerback

1. "Team Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Auditor in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Auditor in Southgate, MI

I worked at Yeo & Yeo (More than 5 years)

Pros

There seemed to be an atmosphere that fostered teamwork. There was also alot of opportunities for great training. The firm invested in the skills of the staff.

Cons

The ride was a little longer having to drive out to Ann Arbor, for our office, instead of the Southgate office, where we moved from. I think it would have still been a good asset to maintain a physical presence in the Downriver area. Just a thought.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the intangibles of the staff that you have. Sometimes, the intangibles do not present themselves as immediate positive dollar signs. But those intangibles may be key components to helping to maintain the positive culture of the overall firm that drives it forward.

2. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Coworkers & partners very friendly & helpful

Cons

Pay & advancement opportunities were limited

Nov 4, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience with Yeo & Yeo and your kind words about our friendly, helpful staff. Our professional staff-to-principal ratio is about 4-to-1 while national firms range from ... More

"Very professional work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Employees are treated in a professional manner by management and their peers. Employees are given many opportunities for training and personal development. Growth, while serving clients' needs, is the firm's priority.

Cons

Many employees must work overtime.

"Family oriented company that wishes to see it's employees succeed and grow."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are extremely good and are provided at minimal premiums. The company recognizes talent and the Partners are encouraging to pursue further education and certification. The firm places great emphasis on a work-life balance and is very family oriented. Co-workers make sure to include you in events and make you feel welcomed from day one. Overtime hours are allowed and may either be banked or paid at your respective wage rate which is very hard to find in the accounting profession and is a major perk.

Cons

Tax season hours are typical for any accounting firm, but the firm balances this with an excellent policy regarding overtime hours worked.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on family orientation while growing and expanding the firm.

6. "Yeo & Yeo has a great work environment and the all-around benefits of being an employee of the company are priceless."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Midland, MI

I have been working at Yeo & Yeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are developed personally and professionally within and outside the company. The salary structure with the comp. days & all of the additional benefits (PDO, insurances, etc.) is above and beyond almost all other employers. The firm gives you the ability to volunteer during business hours at many different non-profits.

Cons

A few challenges that come with at any public accounting is balancing the workload and personal time during the busy hours.

Advice to Management

Try to further develop the mentor-mentee program. There are so many things to learn, like billing, account management, business development, etc., however there are not too many guidelines that new and up-and-coming employees can follow. A mentor would be an excellent person to "show-the-ropes" to the new employees.

"YEO & YEO employment evaluation"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Yeo & Yeo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some people are very nice

Cons

some employees dont do their work they are supposed to, and blame it on anyone else

Advice to Management

fire most of the front area staff

"Terrible company without positive attributes"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Yeo & Yeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. Unfortunately this company does not care about employees and chooses to pit them against each other in a game of chicken.

Cons

Healthcare, the principals in charge. I think this company is very behind in terms of technology and the glowing review here was clearly written by someone being paid to do so. Unfortunately, Yeo & Yeo is like a small town where they gossip about you behind your back and then are nice to your face. Be careful if you choose to work here.

Aug 25, 2014 – President & CEO

I understand that it is hard to be objectionable after being let go. I also know that it is hard for me to be objectionable because I am certainly bias in the positive direction. Everyone is ... More

9. "Yeo & Yeo is a rewarding place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Pros

The atmosphere, while very professional, is still friendly and casual. There is a great sense of teamwork among staff. Opportunities for growth are excellent - if you put in the hard work of course. Compensation is average for the area, but the benefits are very good. You are known by name at Yeo & Yeo, and they genuinely care about you. Yeo & Yeo tries to stay technology savvy too – they do pretty good at accommodating your technology needs and have full-time IT support – a major plus in my book. There is great deal of emphasis on professional development and as such, Yeo & Yeo provides the training and tools you need to achieve success. Overall, Yeo & Yeo is just a great place to work.

Cons

Communication is less than stellar. The long and short-term goals of the firm I don’t feel are communicated well firm-wide. Messages are sometimes mixed depending who you talk to. The workload can be overwhelming much of the time. You will definitely put the hours in, but they are good about flexing time when needed. With eight offices, a sense of an overall firm-wide feel often gets lost too.

Advice to Management

More communication - what are our short and long-term strategic goals. More firm-wide colloboration.

Jul 25, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review Yeo & Yeo! All of the “pros” mentioned here are still going strong. We hire great people with a desire to help make Yeo & Yeo a great place to work. We have ... More

10. "high turnover"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

good health care, time off

Cons

extremly high turnover at the staff/senior level

Advice to Management

invest in the future and your staff

Jun 23, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Two of the most important values at Yeo & Yeo are #1) client service and #2) treating employees well. To obtain the first goal, we have to have high standards and ensure our people do too. Our ... More

"Don't Do IT!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Great pay, some of the people are really great to work with. Other than that, I cannot think of much to say about this employe that is good.

Cons

There is a lot of backstabbing, lying, and gossip that goes on in partner meetings. Don't believe that someone is ever on your side. You are constantly compared to other people at your level and that is how you are rated. They are not supportive of women who decide to have children. They are not very open to employees who want to try new things and prefer that each employee follows in the steps of the others.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like your in high school. Actually treat employees with respect and actually act like you care. Instead of telling your staff how wonderful you are, show it by your actions.

Aug 25, 2014 – President & CEO

I respect the comments discussed above. I agree that the firm is full of great people to work with. We continually improve what we do and how we show appreciation to employees. Some people and ... More