Yes Lifecycle Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2017

1.0
Michael Iaccarino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work at home policy - You can work from home 100% if you are not close to any satellite offices (in 13 reviews)

• Overall great company to work for in regards to work/life balance and processes put in place (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about staff (in 7 reviews)

• Sometimes the work life balance can be out of whack, but that's the industry (in 4 reviews)

1. "YesMail NoPlaceToWork"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have flexible start time

Cons

Lower than industry salary, Corporate management is bullying and lacks integrity. They love sales people but everyone else should act happy they have a job, because they are useless and make no contribution. All they do is cost the company money and fire them if they raise any issues. HR does not exist. Poorly run company with the ethics of Donald Trump.

Advice to Management

Think about how you contribute to the toxic environment - because the toxins leak from the top and validate unscrupulous behavior. Consider "telling the truth" a core value - because it is missing at every level of management. Burn the diploma and forget everything you learned at the Donald Trump "It's Great" Mail-order Business School. Or continue acting like one of his sons. Oh, and wide ties went out a long time ago executive management.

Yes Lifecycle Marketing Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Managing Director

We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience throughout your career here. All roles such as technical, services and corporate ones to name a few are key to the company’s continued... More

"I've never felt so marginalized in my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home policy is pretty flexible, but likely because no one gets along.

Cons

As a woman working for this company, I have never been treated so poorly in my life. The outdated white males running this sideshow of chauvinistic freaks treat women like they are stupid and make it clear they don't belong working in a tech environment. They purposely leave women out of meetings, out of decisions, even out of social opportunities. It's very said. The majority of women managers I've come across are either managers of no one (i.e., have no direct reports or real impact) or are managers of mostly female teams. If you're offered a position here and have any shred of consciousness for diverse and equal opportunity workplaces, don't take it. There are better places to work.

Advice to Management

Put some women in charge and stop hiring men who are stuck in the 1950s. This isn't Mad Men.

Yes Lifecycle Marketing Response

May 3, 2017 – VP, Marketing

I am sincerely sorry you feel this way and would like to make every effort to set this right. Speaking as a woman, as well as one of the members of the leadership team at Yes Lifecycle Marketing, I... More

"Waste of potential"

Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workmates, work from home when you want, great clients.

Cons

For a company who's mission statement states that the people are its most important assets they seem to actively work against that. People on the ground are badly treated and managed. Terrible mid management who are not accountable and undermine their reports.

Advice to Management

Live up to your mission statement. Stop putting unskilled people in charge of teams and letting them run all over hard workers.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Liberal Work From Home Policy because there’s really no good reason to go to an empty drab office. Can be a initially exciting for new grads to learn new skills, but after the honeymoon they learn nothing really changes and especially for then.

Cons

Senior Management has zero people skills in engaging with mature adults and their Human Resources are completely detached from the organization and has no idea what is going on in any of the offices. Most of the hires come from failed experiences from senior management, so once again, don’t expect progress or change.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they won't take advice anyway.

"Worst job of my adult life"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly just say here for 20 minutes trying to think of something positive about this experience and I couldn't.

I got to visit Portland. That was cool, I guess.

Cons

* Too many "managers" and not enough leaders
    * There were maybe 4 people there who actually knew what their role is and what they're doing
    * Empty offices; lack of culture
    * No Christmas party; non-existent employee engagement
    * Pretty there were 5-7 VPs - Not really sure what they did all day or where their "offices" were located
    * Revolving door of employees
    * People got promoted for no reason
    * My role wasn't clearly defined when I was hired
    * My interview lasted 20 minutes and it was handled by a "VP" - Not even the person who was my boss or any of the people I directly ended up working with

Advice to Management

Stop calling yourself an ESP. Allow yourself to be acquired by someone who knows what they're doing. I can't even imagine who would bother though.

"No room for growth/negative atmosphere/laughable benefits"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

The small team you work with will likely consist of some solid people.

Cons

The benefits are laughable. There's no room for growth. Some upper management is unwaveringly sexist. High turnover (for obvious reasons).

"A poorly run company"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

Some very nice and smart people (who should all work where they are respected and valued - not at Yesmail). The pay check did cover my bills.

Cons

The cons are significant. No goals, no reviews, no pay increases, no promotions, awful “benefits”, minimal training, senior Infogroup and Yesmail executives are bullies and do not respect or value those working for the good of the company. The company meetings led by Infogroup CEO, Mike Iaccarino, are clearly an unwelcome chore and only leave you with a feeling of hopelessness and having been intimidated. Leadership is nearly non-existent - minus a few who hang on despite the circumstances. Decisions are made randomly and with no explanation or logic. There is no support system - there really isn't an HR dept, no administrative support, no supplies in the office, no one to actually talk to who could potentially be helpful, no fun, no culture, no sense or security or belonging to something significant, little to no respect, nothing. Advice to job seekers: See above.

Advice to Management

A complete change in attitude toward your employees - the ones making it all happen - would be a good step in the right direction.

"Avoid Yesmail"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

-Nearly unlimited working from home. Chances are your manager and team will be in different states, anyway.
    -Casual dress
    Seriously, that's about it. In Portland, the office is over half-empty because people either work from home or are hired in a different office. Working in the office means working in an empty sea of cubes.

Cons

-Below average pay
    -Very little support from management
    -Too many managers, too few leaders
    -Products are far behind competition and perpetually have issues fulfilling what the sales team sells them on. This ends up as an immediate issue the AM team is tasked with resolving.

Advice to Management

Operating at a near-50% annual turnover rate with your employees should tell you something. While competing companies have great benefits for employees, you have "potluck holiday lunch gatherings". Support your teams, pay them what they're worth, and provide internal growth.

"Dreadful"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

It was a paycheck. Nothing else.

Cons

Where to start? Inept and meddling micromanagement starting at the highest levels. An inability to pick a corporate direction and stick to it. Annoying artwork on the walls. A huge lumbering and bumbling Enterprise product that is not helped at all by product management and engineering; it is hindered. Absolutely no way to advance. Awful benefits. No reviews. I could go on for days. It was the worst job of my adult life, bar none.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to a corporation that knows what it is doing.

"If you're desperate enough...."

Former Employee - Email Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Email Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will pay you what you ask for. The employees are nice hard-working people.

Cons

You will hate everyday that you work there. They work their employees to death. You are expected to stay & work until the job is done which may require the help of multiple people.

Think twice before you accept a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing employees to work on so many different accounts. That's why you have a high turnover rate. You overwork folks& then they are out the door.