Yes Lifecycle Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Michael Iaccarino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work at home policy - You can work from home 100% if you are not close to any satellite offices (in 13 reviews)

• Overall great company to work for in regards to work/life balance and processes put in place (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about staff (in 7 reviews)

• Sometimes the work life balance can be out of whack, but that's the industry (in 4 reviews)

1. "Ok but not great"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

- Great people
    - Ability to work from home
    - Flexible schedule depending on your manager and clients

Cons

- Horrible parental leave policy. No paid leave at all for fathers and mothers have to use short term disability which covers 50% of your salary for 6 weeks. No paid leave if you adopt or use a surrogate.
    - No set raise schedule. Have to beg for a raise and continually follow up before it's implemented.
    - No career development
    - Lots of time wasting admin work
    - Vacation time expires at the end of the calendar year. So everyone tries to use their remaining vacation time when we're the busiest.

Advice to Management

Implement a better parental leave policy and support better work/life balance. And if vacation time has to expire after a year don't set it to the calendar year. Go April to April to avoid the added stress of covering for people during peak season.

2. "Client Services Leader"

Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

• Great leadership team
    • The culture is very customer service oriented allowing employees to use their "do what is best for the client" compass to guide them to make successful decisions that are agreeable for all parties.
    • You have the opportunity to increase responsibility and ownership in your role by showing improvement in your areas of focus, exemplifying teamwork, and building trust. If you are a self-starter you will be successful.
    • The service offering of Product and Customer Service leads the space with great value.
    • Wonderful work / life balance.

Cons

Opportunities:
    • Additional operational synergies and communication within the multi-discipline teams could improve the customer experience.
    • More training and guidance certifications for internal teams and clients are needed.

3. "Challenging and rewarding!"

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing group of people that are hard working and determined to design and support long lasting, flexible marketing solutions. Offer smart and insightful recommendations to improve marketing programs.

Committed to Client Success from the top to bottom of the organization.

Cons

Fast paced - can be challenging to keep up with technology and competitive landscape.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people, technology and infrastructure!

4. "Overall bad working experience"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office
    Free breakfast one day per week

Cons

Had a bad working experience under poor management.

"Good Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- There are a lot of good people working here. I was actually surprised with the tenure some people have here.
    - Good Experience - Overall there is a good enough customer base to get different types of experience such as retail, banking, insurance etc.
    - Good Work at home policy - You can work from home 100% if you are not close to any satellite offices
    - Good tech support team - you likely won't get customer calls for support issues after business hours.

Cons

- No commissions - there is no commission structure and no bonuses - I actually once sold over $14K worth of services and didn’t see a dime. No one person can tell you all of the products and services sold within the company.
    - Poor Platform - The new Yesmail 360 has a nice graphical front end sitting on top of an old antiquated platform that hasn’t seen any core updates in well over a decade. Your days will be spent putting out fires and making ends meet for the product's inadequacies. The only things the platform has going for it is it hasn’t been hacked (yet) and it can handle fairly heavy email volumes during the busy black Friday season. Outside of that it’s a fragile system held together by tooth picks, bubble gum and duct tape.
    - Everything is a project! Something as simple as an unsubscribe page requires a scoped project. It's embarrassing explaining to a customer that a basic email subscribe form requires a project.
    - No job security - I’ve seen good people let go at the drop of a hat for almost no good reason. One of the most popular tickets in the company’s ticketing system is an employee termination request. The company has been purchased by one investment company after the next each with fresh rounds of layoffs each time.
    - Lacking job path - As an account manager the only path up is a busier job as a senior account manager or account director which means more travel and more customer dog and pony shows.
    - Manual processes - Almost everything you do will require a ticket of some sort and a person behind the scenes handling it. Massive amounts of man hours are spent on manual database pruning and fixing issues caused by other issues. It’s alarming how the company is literally bleeding man hours by handling tasks that could have been automated or managed through simple tools.

Advice to Management

- Find a way to automate all of the medial tasks so that AM's can focus on important things like helping customers and working to grow their accounts.
    - Implement a bonus/commission structure so that motivated employees can make more $$$ if they wish to.
    - Implement more tools for customers so they can handle simple tasks and not bother AM's for basic things like pulling access logs, updating page text, pre-flight QA tools, etc.
    - Fix core issues in the platform. There is no excuse to leave things broken for years...this is why so many customers end up leaving.

6. "Exciting and Fullfilling"

Current Employee - Web Production Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Web Production Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people! I love my crew. Exciting, fast paced and never boring. Pretty flexible and no micro management. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

I don't have to much to complain about. Sometimes the work life balance can be out of whack, but that's the industry.

Advice to Management

The industry is moving fast. You have a lot of talent in house, let them shine.

7. "fun and friendly"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

relaxed, great people and friendly atmosphere

Cons

business can get slow at time

"I've never felt so marginalized in my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home policy is pretty flexible, but likely because no one gets along.

Cons

As a woman working for this company, I have never been treated so poorly in my life. The outdated white males running this sideshow of chauvinistic freaks treat women like they are stupid and make it clear they don't belong working in a tech environment. They purposely leave women out of meetings, out of decisions, even out of social opportunities. It's very said. The majority of women managers I've come across are either managers of no one (i.e., have no direct reports or real impact) or are managers of mostly female teams. If you're offered a position here and have any shred of consciousness for diverse and equal opportunity workplaces, don't take it. There are better places to work.

Advice to Management

Put some women in charge and stop hiring men who are stuck in the 1950s. This isn't Mad Men.

Yes Lifecycle Marketing Response

May 3, 2017 – VP, Marketing

I am sincerely sorry you feel this way and would like to make every effort to set this right. Speaking as a woman, as well as one of the members of the leadership team at Yes Lifecycle Marketing, I... More

9. "Waste of Time"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing (More than a year)

Pros

- Some people are very good at what they do
    - They make you feel welcome when you start
    - Pay is not bad

Cons

- No training provided
    - Managers never have your back
    - No direction or career growth
    - Upper management does not care about staff
    - No transparency with policy
    - If their clients don't like you, you'll be gone before you can blink
    - Don't waste your time with this company, unless you don't have any other option. Get out as soon as you have something better in hand.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people.

"Good company with a vision for excellence"

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

The company has always been very flexible with me. I am currently working remotely and really enjoy my team members. Being a working mom, I feel like my work/family life balance is good which is the most important thing to me.

Cons

I do feel the company could do more in regards to showcasing the talented people we have working here and provide greater efforts for employee appreciation.