Yes Lifecycle Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Yes Lifecycle Marketing Reviews

Updated September 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work at home policy - You can work from home 100% if you are not close to any satellite offices (in 13 reviews)

• Overall great company to work for in regards to work/life balance and processes put in place (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about staff (in 7 reviews)

• Sometimes the work life balance can be out of whack, but that's the industry (in 4 reviews)

1. "Email Marketing Manager"

Pros

Overall great company to work for in regards to work/life balance and processes put in place.

Cons

Lots of admin time for each project

"Lost the plot"

Current Employee - Account Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Account Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing (More than a year)

Pros

The local team are a hard working and dedicated bunch of people who really work hard. Good work from home policy. Independence from head office and from anyone else for that matter

Cons

Management is in a world of their own with very little leadership and no guidance except when something goes wrong and they are looking for someone to blame. Terrible benefits and low morale. If you want to stagnate this is a great place if you keep your head down.

Advice to Management

You have some great employees but don't support them and nobody has any direction.

"Waste of potential"

Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workmates, work from home when you want, great clients.

Cons

For a company who's mission statement states that the people are its most important assets they seem to actively work against that. People on the ground are badly treated and managed. Terrible mid management who are not accountable and undermine their reports.

Advice to Management

Live up to your mission statement. Stop putting unskilled people in charge of teams and letting them run all over hard workers.

"It pays the bills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do work with a few great people.

Cons

- below average benefits
    - no reviews
    - no career development
    - no raises unless you beg
    - being part of Infogroup and having their CEO set the tone for the horrible culture here
    - employee turnover
    - lack of communication and direction
    - lack or recognition of any kind for hard work
    - the HR department has turned overs so many times since I have been here and I am not even sure we have an HR department anymore
    - constant change on basic things like our name - we can't even get that straight - Yesmail Interactive? Yesmail? Yes Lifecycle Marketing? Who are we?

Advice to Management

Reward your people for their hard work so the good ones stop leaving! Get us out from under Infogroup.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Liberal Work From Home Policy because there’s really no good reason to go to an empty drab office. Can be a initially exciting for new grads to learn new skills, but after the honeymoon they learn nothing really changes and especially for then.

Cons

Senior Management has zero people skills in engaging with mature adults and their Human Resources are completely detached from the organization and has no idea what is going on in any of the offices. Most of the hires come from failed experiences from senior management, so once again, don’t expect progress or change.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they won't take advice anyway.

"Worst job of my adult life"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly just say here for 20 minutes trying to think of something positive about this experience and I couldn't.

I got to visit Portland. That was cool, I guess.

Cons

* Too many "managers" and not enough leaders
    * There were maybe 4 people there who actually knew what their role is and what they're doing
    * Empty offices; lack of culture
    * No Christmas party; non-existent employee engagement
    * Pretty there were 5-7 VPs - Not really sure what they did all day or where their "offices" were located
    * Revolving door of employees
    * People got promoted for no reason
    * My role wasn't clearly defined when I was hired
    * My interview lasted 20 minutes and it was handled by a "VP" - Not even the person who was my boss or any of the people I directly ended up working with

Advice to Management

Stop calling yourself an ESP. Allow yourself to be acquired by someone who knows what they're doing. I can't even imagine who would bother though.

"Move on to move up"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are some great people who work for Yesmail and they have a broad range of clients. Offices around the country.

Cons

Confusing chain of command and resource allocation. Often times it seems as though promotions are based on "right place, right time" as much as merit.

Advice to Management

Put more resources into employee development and less into employee tracking.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good introduction to the ESP and digital marketing space. President of the company has a great vision, and cares about employees.

Cons

Unfortunately that vision and the fact that he cares, does not always reflect on how other management feels. There are often different messages coming from different people to make the role very confusing. With no clear structure at all, it becomes very difficult to accomplish very simple tasks.

Advice to Management

Improved emphasis on training and development. More focus around company culture. Clear vision that all management can speak to and lead.

"Yesmail NYC Office"

I worked at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at an ESP can be challenging, but the culture was laid back and made some great friends as I developed close relationships across many departments. There were long hours and being on call, but there was flexibility to work from home or take off when needed.

Cons

There was a lot of transition during my time there, so there were a lot of new executives brought in and there wasn't a lot of transparency about what they were brought in to do or were doing. It would have been nice to understand the direction of the company to make sense of some of the decisions that were being made.

Advice to Management

Have a more robust interview process to limit turnover and provide employee growth plans.

10. "Senior Designer Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Yes Lifecycle Marketing full-time

Pros

Seem honest and open with their employees. My managers are responsible and dependable.

Cons

Portland offices are a bit quiet.