Cover image for Yext

70 Comments

Tech

468.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yext~312260
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yext and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love working here

Nov 29, 2022 - Associate UI Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is my second job out of college and it is everything I want. I work with a team, receive constructive feedback, work with other teams and see my work out in the world. Managers are very understanding and encourage life work balance. It feels like a current tech company, both from how the company runs and it's employees. Hours are very flexible, you just have to attend all required meetings and work 40 hours a week (doesn't have to necessarily be 9-5). Great benefits and retirement plan. I feel valued and appreciated everyday.

Cons

While remote work is fun, I wonder what the company was like before covid hit.

2. 5.0

A+ Company

Nov 11, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic work culture and work/life balance. People are generally amazing, supportive, and responsive.

Cons

Turnover is tough, but understandable in this market. Believe things will stabilize over time

3. Join the Yext team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Culture Here!

Nov 11, 2022 - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great individuals with all sorts of industry knowledge and experience. Super cool mentors that care about career progression.

Cons

Not many cons here other than the food comes late (sometimes)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Nov 11, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong engineering culture & numerous benefits

Cons

Frequent job switching in and out of the org

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great people

Nov 3, 2022 - BDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

good people, good learning experience

Cons

a lot of hard work, not much room for growth in other departments

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible, High Impact, Healthy Culture

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very little micromanaging -working for a global tech leader with ~1,000 people offers the chance to work on impactful and rewarding projects -career growth -great people

Cons

-delegation of roles is sometimes not handled properly -Many HR processes are antiquated. room for much more automation to save time and energy

8. 5.0

Company culture

Oct 31, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefit, lovely working area

Cons

Nothing I can think about right now

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review for the working at Yext

Oct 31, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are smart and helpful. My manager cares about my career growth.

Cons

I cannot think of any for now. Overall, it is pretty good

10. 5.0

Yext Experience

Oct 21, 2022 - BDR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the environment and people here. The culture is amazing and it keeps you wanting to come back to work every day!

Cons

I haven't had any negatives that stand out to me directly when it comes to my role here at Yext. I've enjoyed my peers and management since I started and have loved every second!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Amazing place to work

Oct 20, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- THE PEOPLE (everyone is extremely smart, friendly, and easy-going... you're always encouraged to reach out for help and ask questions) - small teams - overall had quite interesting projects to work on and I feel like I've learned a lot - great amenities and benefits (health plan, 401K, unlimited PTO) - sponsors OPT/H1-B visas - flexibility - is still remote by choice

Cons

Can't think of anything major. Maybe the starting salary ranges when compared to some large tech companies, but it's not that big of a difference.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 588 Reviews
</>Embed

Yext Reviews FAQs

Yext has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 654 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Yext to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yext employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yext. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of Yext employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yext 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Yext to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Yext Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Yext? Share Your Experiences

Yext logo

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

4 days ago

Community
Shout out to some of our NYC Yexters for participating in our Thanksgiving Food Drive in partnership with City Harvest! Together, we were able to collect more than 300 non-perishable food items for New Yorkers in need this holiday season. 🍁
Shared image

12 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Our ERG’s (Employee Resource Groups) play a critical role in supporting our DEI strategy: Fostering Community, creating Business Impact, and improving our Talent through diverse recruitment initiatives.  While they each celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of our employees, they come together with one common goal - fostering an amazing company culture and ensuring a sense of belonging for all Yexters! Our 7 amazing ERG's include: ◼️ Embrace creates community and opportunity for intercultural employees. ◻️ Empower aims to recruit, inspire, and advance women. ◼️ Sustainability aims to promote sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. ◻️ Expand supports parents, caregivers, and families. ◼️ Equip fosters inclusion and accessibility for people with disabilities and chronic conditions. ◻️ Elevate supports and connects Black employees. ◼️ Express elevates the LGBTQ+ community.

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Expert Career Advice

Yodle Logo
Yodle

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 654 Yext reviews submitted anonymously by Yext employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Yext is right for you.