Cover image for Yext

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Yext Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 19, 2021

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yext and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Toxic Work Environment - Boys Club

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are comparable to larger copanies

Cons

Toxic environment, boy's club, upper management is unaware of what is happening in their departments

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Upgrade, but not without flaws

Jun 21, 2021 - Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch voucher if you go into the office WFH stipend for new hires Good attitude amongst both team and broader sales department Often blown away by the types of clients (PGA Tour, WHO, McDonald’s) that Yext attracts Great team culture, no egos and everyone geniunely likes / is there for one another

Cons

Felt misled with certain benefits e.g. 401K and WFH going forward Typical startup pains (constant change in direction, always expected to do things by the book, disconnect between upper management and lower-level employees etc.) Don’t like that Yext will be 100% in office in a few months when similar companies (Salesforce, Google, Slack, Microsoft) are openly embracing some form of remote work post-COVID High turnover, especially concerning when employees who interviewed me during my hiring process either left within weeks of my being hired or were let go

14 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Yext team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good first job experience, but little room for development or growth

Apr 30, 2021 - Platform Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Generally, I loved my team. The people were overall a plus - The food stipend I got was a nice benefit for a time - The benefits were generally good and the autonomy to take breaks from the desk were appreciated

Cons

- The organization clearly prioritized developers over other engineers and technical resources, which was demoralizing - Their upper management seemed pretty incompetent while I was there, but I believe that it was on an upward trend by the time I left - It was a less professional, more casual tech startup environment- one which, at times , felt a bit fratty and informal. I believe this may have limited my development while I was there. - Workplace culture (later hours, mainly stock-based comp, many manual processes that were labor intensive, stocked booze cart and seamless benefits) created a place that people had issues checking out from, and the "unlimited flex" PTO for employees meant that employees with a book of business were pressured to not take time off. it was very unhealthy - you will discover little upwards mobility once you hit the 2-3 year mark - for certain positions, comp was well under market value. I wish I had shopped around earlier to see similar comps earlier in my tenure

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall a great place to work

Jan 13, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technical work, good pay and benefits

Cons

Generally not a lot of transparency from upper management/execs

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Upper Management Doesn't Care

Oct 5, 2020 - Client Support Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Direct management always goes to bat for you - Teammates are easy to work and get along with

Cons

- Work-life balance is no longer good - Upper Management clearly does not care about individuals, only about data - Underpaid and undervalued

17 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid and underappreciated

Feb 7, 2020 - Client Support Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people. Most managers are great, and the team members you work with are all great people.

Cons

Salary. It's comical to pay someone $47000 while you're working on some of the biggest accounts the company has. Upper management does not listen or care about what members of the support department have to say. All other departments within the company look down on support specialists because they know they make double the amount. It's pathetic and there is no motivation to work harder because at the end of the day they will only give you a small increase in pay in the spring.

19 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Yext Doesn’t Pay You

Feb 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Delivery Allowance You get a laptop

Cons

Pay is terrible Cliquey Micromanagers as bosses Upper management flaunts their wealth

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great product, horrible management

Nov 25, 2015 - Enterprise Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is full of extremely smart people across every department. Two free meals a day is a huge perk (especially in NYC), so you'll never have to worry about breakfast/lunch/dinner. The product is superior to any other in the space by far. Enterprise role is strategic, very different than the "smile and dial" requirements you might read for the inside sales team.

Cons

The comments about upper management are unfortunately true. The Enterprise team is extremely cut-throat, often dropping talented individuals without warning, causing everyone to fear they'll be the next victim. Feedback, suggestions and opinions aren't tolerated unless of course you're apart of "the original crew." The arrogance and ego's at the top is like no other organization.

15 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

STAY AWAY!!

Nov 20, 2015 - Enterprise Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food, plenty of games for the inside sales team to slack off on, & a nap room that nobody is allowed to use. The fact that Glassdoor forces me to use a minimum of 20 words to list the "pros" of Yext is 19 words too many. "None" would be a sufficient list.

Cons

Upper management & middle management are clueless and tyrannical. Cut throat atmosphere that has employees scared for the jobs day in and day out. Management uses fear and only fear to motivate. If you have any self-respect, look elsewhere for your next job.

11 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Definitely not my scene, perfect for people who just want to sell.

Sep 8, 2012 - YSA in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get into! If you seriously want to be hired, just channel your inner Ke$ha and you're good to go. Most of the people are pretty nice, nobody is really "out to get you" as long as you don't end up with duplicate leads. They provide lunch, pay for happy hour (even though I would rather get more money than cheap booze and salty food, but hey, to each his own). The health benefit seemed good enough.

Cons

There seems to be no professional development, which leads to poor communication from lower management (mid level management was perfectly fine, possible too good for such a small operation and upper management was not really an issue for me) I am specifically talking about the team leads who clearly never opened a communications book and never learned about organizational behavior. To the person who thinks benefits are for 50 year olds: you're in the perfect place. Stay at Yext, you'd never make anywhere else. I think it is also important to point out that $50k is an unreasonably low salary when you're spending over 50 hours per week at work (which isn't even guaranteed, that's only if you consistently make sales and always hit above average numbers).

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 English Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Yext Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Yext? Share Your Experiences

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

1 days ago

Community
Shout out to some of our NYC Yexters for participating in our Thanksgiving Food Drive in partnership with City Harvest! Together, we were able to collect more than 300 non-perishable food items for New Yorkers in need this holiday season. 🍁
Shared image

8 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Our ERG’s (Employee Resource Groups) play a critical role in supporting our DEI strategy: Fostering Community, creating Business Impact, and improving our Talent through diverse recruitment initiatives.  While they each celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of our employees, they come together with one common goal - fostering an amazing company culture and ensuring a sense of belonging for all Yexters! Our 7 amazing ERG's include: ◼️ Embrace creates community and opportunity for intercultural employees. ◻️ Empower aims to recruit, inspire, and advance women. ◼️ Sustainability aims to promote sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. ◻️ Expand supports parents, caregivers, and families. ◼️ Equip fosters inclusion and accessibility for people with disabilities and chronic conditions. ◻️ Elevate supports and connects Black employees. ◼️ Express elevates the LGBTQ+ community.

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Expert Career Advice

Yodle Logo
Yodle

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 654 Yext reviews submitted anonymously by Yext employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Yext is right for you.