Cover image for Ylopo

99% Recommend to a Friend
98% Approve of CEO

Found 117 of over 170 reviews

4.9
Ylopo CEO Howard Tager (no image)
Howard Tager

70 Comments

Tech

467.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ylopo~2601246
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Always doing follow up on how you are doing and what they can help you with (great management)(in 21 reviews)
  • "Ylopo is great Company that Provides Great Culture and Experience to both clients and to us employees.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Ylopo is a great company and the people you're working with are awesome.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Pay is Good(in 9 reviews)
  • "2. Good salary(in 9 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Awesome company

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, continued product enhancement

Cons

None at this time n/a

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ylopo is great for career development

Jul 25, 2022 - Retentionist and ROI Strategist in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Years ago, I started my tech career at Ylopo. During my time at Ylopo, I was promoted from Client Success to Retention, which allowed me to develop new valuable skills for the corporate workforce. I experienced the fast paced environment of a startup. Currently, I’m at a Fortune 500 company as an SDR; salary has tripled since Ylopo - but I wouldn’t be here without the skills I developed at Ylopo.

Cons

There are definitely pitfalls when working for a fast paced startup; holes in processes, however; these speed bumps teach you how to pivot

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Ylopo team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

A place like no other

Apr 19, 2022 - Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work Freedom of creative expression Advancement opportunities Growth and Training Amazing teammates. In the six months, I have been with Ylopo, I have rapidly progressed after showcasing some of my skills, and management definitely took notice and assigned me to projects to utilize those skills. Fast-forward to 6 months later, and I have essentially been promoted twice and love my new role! I have been in marketing for roughly 15 years, and have never come across a company so open to innovation and new ideas, truly allowing employees to showcase their skillset, and nurturing their growth. Proud to be part of the Ylopo fam!

Cons

None that I can think of which is great!

Head of Recruiting

Thank you for your comment! We have taken your feedback and are actively looking to schedule more team events/meetups.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Actually treats you like family

Apr 18, 2022 - Google Ads Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership really cares about each of the employees, which is very impressive given the size of the company. Everyone on the team has a good time working together.

Cons

The medical insurance benefit is a bit expensive for a family, but the other benefits are good.

Head of Recruiting

We love to hear the positive comments and try to keep our focus on our employee satisfaction. We are constantly looking at how we can better our benefits package and will take your comment into consideration.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The first company that has called me family and actually meant it

Apr 18, 2022 - PPC/Digital Marketing Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of companies out there call their employees 'family', demanding your best efforts while at the same time treating you as utterly disposable. Ylopo is the first company I have worked for that truly means it and they have shown it through their actions rather than just their words. My first role here was in Product Support. The company was making some changes to that team and my role was not going to be needed moving forward. Rather than just lay me off as other companies have done in the past, they made a serious effort to get me another position in the company. It wasn't something they held over my head and they didn't lowball me when it came to the new role's pay; they were genuinely interested in setting me up for success and effectively utilizing my skills in the new position. This right here is how you build employee loyalty and uphold the company's side of being 'family'. It's not just an exception either, it is a core part of Ylopo's culture. I genuinely feel valued here and that encourages me to do my best, who would have thought? Pay is solid. Peers are cool and there is a lot of collaboration. Management is understanding and flexible. They don't breathe down your neck or micromanage, they treat you like an adult and trust you to get the tasks done. Still remote which I certainly appreciate as well. It's just a nice place to work.

Cons

It is getting busy, but not overwhelmingly so just yet. The higher ups are cognizant of this and are bringing on more people to balance things out. It comes with the company's growth, so it is to be expected. Would be nice to have a better 401k match. Not really anything else I can think of.

Head of Recruiting

We are so happy to see you succeeding here and look forward to your future growth. We are always looking at ways to better our benefits package and will take your comments into consideration.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, even better culture!

Apr 13, 2022 - Facebook Ads Specialist in Gardena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ylopo is a company that adapts to the needs of both its clients and workforce and makes adjustments in real-time to create the best experience possible for everyone involved. Being one of the newest members of the team, I would have to say that one of the best selling points in joining Ylopo was their emphasis on work/life balance and the understanding of the need for flexibility for their employees. Another huge selling point was the emphasis of “team” and how well everyone works together regardless of title. Even though the company has a structured leadership tree, no one uses their title to overshadow anyone else. The availability from the CEO down is a culture that is impressive, progressive and something to be envied by other employers given the job satisfaction it instills in the workforce.

Cons

As most startups tend to have issues with onboarding, Ylopo is no different. Given the fact it’s still a relatively new company, things are constantly changing… what the company is doing for real estate is truly cutting-edge… and as mentioned in the “pros,” Ylopo makes changes in real time to adjust to the needs of its clients. Such a culture creates a fast-paced environment and as an employee it’s easy to get overwhelmed if you’re not familiar with the industry or the fast-paced culture. HOWEVER, the company is saturated with knowledgeable people who are patient and understanding of newcomers as the Ylopo looks to find its way, and as the company grows and fine tunes its onboarding and training, this tiny flaw looks to be a temporary weakness rather than a “con.” I CAN say that Ylopo invests in its workforce and will offer any of its resources to create the best employee possible.

Head of Recruiting

Thanks for your kind comments. We are passionate about building a work culture to be proud of! Thanks for being a part of it.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Pleasant place to work

Apr 7, 2022 - Client Success Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- company culture - coworkers - access to assistance from other departments

Cons

- management - organization of information for internal use

Head of Recruiting

Thank you for your comment! We are looking at new ways on how to have a smoother and comprehensive onboarding process.

9. 5.0

Ylopo Culture is EVERYTHING

Mar 24, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is very caring Ylopo really values internal promotions. If you work hard, you will grow here! The company product is very valuable to our clients Leadership promotes healthy work/life balance. Very encouraging on employees taking their time off.

Cons

I have not experienced anything worthy of being listed here.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Highly recommend working at Ylopo - awesome culture and people

Mar 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and leadership is very important to me. I left my last two companies within a year being there because of poor leadership and toxic environment (the kind that is all talk but no actions to show for, and fear-based leadership). When the decision came to join Ylopo, I spent a lot of time assessing whether this company was a long-term stay or not (company hopping is not fun and tiring). I decided to take a leap of faith because the management team came off very humble, honest, down-to-earth, and caring in the interviews. Fast forward to over a year later, I am still here! I can say there was no facade or false pretenses set in the interviews, compared to what I actually experienced (unlike some previous companies). Management was frank about the challenges and growing pains they had, but also expressed commitment and desire to improve, mature, and make it a great place to work at. And since joining, I have seen proof over and over again on that commitment, not just talk. From active pursuit for employee feedback...to ideating ways to addressing that feedback... to my personal experiences receiving the support and autonomy I need to contribute to change - it's been clear to me that the leadership team trusts its people and cares about their success, happiness, and growth. Not just revenue numbers. Most importantly to me are their aligned values to mine, mainly honoring what you say and following through. Beyond management, my colleagues here are incredibly hard-working, dedicated, helpful and fun! I enjoy going to work everyday knowing I always have collaborators within a couple keystrokes away on Slack that I could ask for help or brainstorm. I've made a lot of meaningful connections at Ylopo. I foresee myself here for a while. With plenty of challenges, ambitious goals, and great people, what else could I ask for for a great learning experience? :)

Cons

Typical startup growing pains (immature processes, inefficient communications, a lot of work but not enough bodies...etc). BUT leadership and diff departments are addressing these one by one over time. There's a lot of changes happening in parallel. Definitely not stagnant or turning a blind eye.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We are actively working on a unified approach to scaling our org during our rapid growth.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunities at a dynamic and rapidly growing company

Mar 2, 2022 - Senior Product Manager in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of companies "talk the talk" about hiring to build a great culture, and about wanting to create an environment of highly engaged teammates and managers that show as much care for one another as they do to the company and the customers, and help develop their skills to become better professionals along the way. Ylopo actually feels like it "walks the walk" here without 'cheesy' or forced interactions, which is a testament to their hiring practices and leadership team. Working with my scrum team and my manager here sprint-in, sprint-out could not be more different from prior experiences: my devs and managers are deeply invested in solving problems we uncover, enjoy refining and developing features with collective input, and want to iteratively improve every process and product at the company -- and have some fun too while doing so. They are constantly trying to implement industry best practices if they are not already using them, and are open to feedback. My manager also takes the time to really check in both on a personal and professional level and actively supports my growth and career goals, which the review process takes into account as we track development milestones. I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to influence the direction of development, balanced with tons of great input and support from our team of industry experts. I've also greatly appreciated how customer-centric everyone here is, and the amount of discovery, research and experimentation time we're given to validate our assumptions and guesses. It's always a great experience to feel like you're part of a highly engaged group effort working in lock-step to leave no stone unturned in the quest to build the best possible product. From what I've heard from other Product Managers here, it sounds like I'm not alone in these experiences.

Cons

Not much of a con, but just a reality: Ylopo is a company in transition between start-up and mid-sized company. There is some defined process, but the processes themselves are work in progress. You will have to be willing to help define and improve ways of working and deal with some ambiguity... but this is honestly an opportunity in-of-itself to be "on the ground floor" of building processes you want to see.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Reviews
</>Embed

Ylopo Reviews FAQs

Ylopo has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 170 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Ylopo to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ylopo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ylopo. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

99% of Ylopo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ylopo 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ylopo to be management, career development, culture and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with Ylopo Job Seekers