Yodle Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Yodle Chairman, CEO and President David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They provide a free lunch with a decent menu and always have a salad bar" (in 109 reviews)

• "Fun work environment, if you're focused it can be an amazing job" (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growth opportunities are less, Low base salary, long work hours, poor retention policy" (in 34 reviews)

• "Overcoming objections, company cold-call reputations, etc" (in 30 reviews)

1. "great engineering experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-little role separation
    -easygoing
    -fun company outings
    -easy to get execs to hear your ideas

Cons

-getting bought by larger company, some staff getting cut and fears about diluting the valuable culture are present

Advice to Management

keep your good people

2. "Great company to work"

I have been working at Yodle full-time

Pros

Work from home, flexi time

Cons

Sometimes needs work on weekends

3. "sales stay away"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big contemporary building, free fattening lunches.

Cons

Extremely low base, silly unprofessional environment. Very loud hard rock and rap music that plays constantly starting at 8am. It felt like a cult. 38 people started in my training class and by the time training was over it was about 15. The absolute worst job I ever had. They force force force a script. I give it a ZERO STAR. You'll get paid more working at McDonalds.

Advice to Management

You can do better if you tried.

4. "Good For Learning - That's it"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some lifelong friends. The potential to make serious money is there.

Cons

The base pay is not enough to sustain a living. It's hard work and you're rewards are dictated by your ability to perform within the box they've created. Not many people can do it. And many sales are made to spite the value brought to SMB's.

Advice to Management

Reward those who perform above the rest and fire people that are not right for the job...too many hopefuls are strung along to meet metrics.

5. "Sales"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Great compensation for each sale

Cons

The product is tough to sell at first. It takes time to get good at pitching it

Advice to Management

none

6. "Senior Business Intelligence Analyst"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, solid pay, unlimited time off, startup-y culture, easy to get to location, and plenty of in-office amenities - such as bean-bag chairs, standing desks, etc.

Cons

In my particular function, it was not easy to get what I needed from other departments. I had to go through my boss to make other people give me what I needed.

Advice to Management

Make a higher transparency in the needs of roles so time is not wasted going through middlemen to get the necessary data/information.

7. "Sales Director"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Yodle had a great culture, leadership, products, earnings and colleagues.

Cons

Acquired by web.com and compensation and marketing investment was slashed.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the original vision Yodle created.

8. "Sales representative"

I worked at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The intense yet comfortable training requirements, the down to earth laid-back atmosphere made work fun and exciting and made it comfortable for everyone to be who they are everyday.

Cons

In the beginning I was told no competition dance employees which two times can make working difficult because some people are a little more competitive than others . However it could not have been a more competitive company and I understand competition can be healthy, but it was thrived upon more than. We were less on to believe in the interview and orientation.

9. "“Digital Marketing Consultant”"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Free Lunch
    Great Coworkers
    Floor managers are approachable and helpful for the most part. They do want to see you succeed. My main gripe is with corporate (who I imagine makes most of the decisions)

Cons

Do you like choosing between gas to get to work and paying the electric bill? Because that’s what you do at Web!

Yes, I signed the offer letter, I knew what I was getting into, but maybe the scripts (which you’re told to follow like you’re in a cult) shouldn’t be such trash.

It’s obscene to have someone making a 20k base salary during training and while they’re trying to ramp up. Perfecting the outdated art of cold calling takes an immense amount of time and the pressure is nuts. To compound that by offering so little is insanity.

The least Web could do is offer unlimited overtime. Put in the hours for free? Come on... I need to get second job to make ends meet. Have you HEARD of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs? Basic needs (shelter, sustenance) are barely being met when things are like this. How in god’s green earth do you expect reps to stay focused when debt collectors are on them and they can barely pay rent? Or when they’re barely getting 6 hours of sleep (I got less than 5 most nights because of stress. I had legitimate nightmares about the job)

Why did I not quit, one may ask? Simple, Web gave me an opportunity, and I’m not a job hopper. I like a little adversity, I like an opportunity to grow. But restricting someone from fulfilling their basic needs on a consistent basis is asinine, and a downright despicable way to run an organization and to treat loyal, hardworking people (I routinely made 250+ dials)

Sales doesn’t need to be a boiler room, Gordon Gecko type of environment. It’s 2018, PLEASE learn how to create funnels and get warm leads where people actually want SEO instead of cold calling. PLEASE.

Advice to Management

You gotta increase the base. You gotta make sure basic needs are being met before you have the gall to tell people to be positive and to get out of their head. I know you all were reps at one point. Have you lost touch with your reps? Have you forgotten what it’s like? You should get back on the phones a little more often.

10. "Account Director"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Very friendly and professional atmosphere, very detailed marketing plan, great people to work with, great environment, great break room, and all over great and nice place to work

Cons

Stressful customer expectations, poor communications between sales and customer service, training not well thought out ahead of time, difficulty in understating backend of product AS NEW EMPLOYEE

Advice to Management

Spend more time training on product and what the platform is capable of, more interaction between outside and inside sales, better training on tech side