Yodle Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated May 23, 2019

3.2
Yodle Chairman, CEO and President  David L. Brown
David L. Brown
Pros
  • "Good work environment, free lunch, great commission structure(in 112 reviews)

• "Really relaxed work environment where everyone cares about the product and you're given a lot of creative freedom(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growth opportunities are less, Low base salary, long work hours, poor retention policy(in 33 reviews)

• "Overcoming objections, company cold-call reputations, etc(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good Company To Work For

Oct 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent opportunity to make good money if you work hard at your craft. Also they provide free lunch everyday and create a fun work environment.

Cons

Ramp up period for some might be a while until you start consistently making good money.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Marketing Associate

May 23, 2019 - Marketing Associate in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Free lunch -Happy hour -Fun work environment -Casual atmosphere

Cons

-Low pay -Little opportunity for growth

3. 3.0

Meh.

Oct 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It HAD a fun work environment with the ability to be your own person, somewhat free of script

Cons

Everything changed after the Web.com acquisition

4. 5.0

By Far, The Best Place I've Ever Worked

Nov 3, 2011 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here, I have the opportunity to be a part of the biggest and best Internet marketing company in the United States. The fact that we are growing so fast (when the rest of the country is suffering from unemployment) is unreal and it means that I can actually establish an achievable career path. Everything from the supercharged work environment to the contests and benefits make this THE company for which to work. Granted, you have to want to be the best of the best, but everyone here, from the owners and management to the trainers (even your co-workers) constantly encourage you to be just that. I love it here.

Cons

It can be a real grind. The work is hard and can be overwhelming if you're not prepared. You hammer the phones and the high level of success in the company demands that there be success on every level. Everyone feels the pressure that that can bring.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you work hard, you achieve success

Jun 29, 2015 - Client Services in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekends off, free lunch, great work environment. The managers/executive staff interact with everyone in the building - even the cleaning service! There is SO much room for internal movement, whether lateral or upward. You have plenty of opportunities to switch departments/teams, as long as you prove you are able to take on tasks. This company is ever-changing: new products/features, procedures, etc; so make sure to be constantly up to date with everything. This is definitely not a company for those who like to cut corners.

Cons

No 401k matching. I've saved up quite a bit without it; I can only imagine what it'd be like WITH matching! There is a disconnect between Customer Service and Sales; a lot of the time Sales is pushed SO HARD to close, that they don't provide the right expectation for the client, and Client Services has to fix it down the road. Parking is also horrible, but I know they are working on it.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Sales Representative

Dec 5, 2013 - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting time of growth for the company. Ideal work environment.

Cons

Very strict on rapid progression. Since they are at a state of rapid growhth they are not waiting for you to catch on too long. So given the opportunity to be in a sales role be sure you make a suddent impact on your success.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic culture that lives the work hard/play hard mentality.

Jan 20, 2015 - Human Resources Site Leader in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yodle is very fast paced, so if you are looking for new challenges and opportunities- you will get them here. I have never worked with such smart and caring people before, and they push me through their own work ethic to be my best. The company values are not just written on the wall, they are used every day (coaching, promotions, spot bonus, awards, etc.). Other Pros: free snacks and drinks, spot bonus, fun & energetic work environment, company events (kickball, happy hour, volunteering, trivia, etc.), ability to move up in the company, game room, work/life balance, amazing co-workers.

Cons

I have not found one yet! I researched Yodle for 2 years before I applied to work in the Scottsdale location, and I love the work hard/play hard mentality here.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Unreal management team!

Oct 8, 2013 - Over the Phone Sales Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Profit Fuel was a great company to work for. There is a nice camaraderie among the employees and management staff. Their training is unbelievable and the one on one help offered shows a sincere desire for their employees to succeed. They are constantly striving to make their work environment an enjoyable one. They are flexible and helpful with schedules and goals. I left the company to follow a dream to work abroad. Otherwise I would have stayed with them. I have never been in an environment where the managements staff is so willing and eager to help their employees succeed, taking time out of their personal schedules to help out in any way they can. GREAT COMPANY, GREAT COMPANY LEADERS!!

Cons

Lots of cold calling, although they have an excellent system to assist in this all 100% electronic.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing company, lots to learn, super fun(!)

Dec 1, 2014 - Marketing Operations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every morning, I am truly excited to get in the office and work alongside such smart, talented individuals. The opportunities Yodle has given me for personal growth, as well as professional growth – whether learning new analysis tools or pursuing strategic initiatives to help build our customer’s success – have been incredibly exciting, and the shared values across the company make for a very fun, motivating work environment.

Cons

Because of the fast-growing database and expanding product offerings, the company is constantly iterating on different tools for analysis, which for me (a product analyst) can mean taking on lots of new tools (i.e. coding languages, visualization techniques, etc.). Learning curve can be sharp, but very rewarding work to stick with.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great job for the patient and diligent!

Dec 5, 2014 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. Like most successful sales companies, Yodle prides itself for it's culture. Great pay for the people who can work hard and smart at the same time. This job is not for the whiny or the used car salesman. Since it's mostly based on phone selling and cold calling you have to learn people's tones and pitches and know when to stop. It's a big company so no one will baby sit you. If you want to succeed , most senior reps are always there to help.

Cons

Low base. ( But room for high commission) Not for the people who do not want to be on the phones. The training method could change a little.

1 person found this review helpful