York Risk Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Richard H. Taketa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Through much hard work of the upper management they have made a huge difference in making us ONE YORK (in 13 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of hours required (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

Flex Schedule; Decent Pay; Freedom

Cons

Not very organized; No training

Advice to Management

Be Nice to people

"It's not the best for claims adjusters or assistants"

Pros

Great people, friendly work environment, nice office as well . Management is okay, although there is room for improvement I think.

Cons

Low pay, expensive benefits, bad training by established staff, who are having to train while having to manage 2 or more adjusters demands. It doesn't make for solid training.

Advice to Management

Try being competitive in pay. Don't expect people you hire for less, be as good as seasoned CA's. Quit putting client demand priority over your employees, most suffer horrible with burn out from last min. Spreadsheet demands. On top of large caseloads.

"Run-don't walk-toward the door"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here makes you realize what's really important, and it's not working at this place. Only gave one star above because I had to, it doesn't even deserve one star.

Cons

Where should I start? Managers who lie, no culture, majority of co-workers are a bunch of robots with no personality, slow computer systems for a company that prides itself on "technology," mangers who lie, liars, backstabbers, and did I mention liars?

Advice to Management

It says alot about the company when someone would rather not have a job than work at your company. Realize that your workers are the ones who make your money and don't treat them like something that comes out the back of a dog. Don't advertise a job that's totally different than the one that they will be doing. If someone comes to you with concerns, listen to them and don't shoo them away.

"Soul sucking"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The income is steady and it's stable. I had an amazing manager which made the job bearable for at least a little while.

Cons

Grey cubicles, hamster on a wheel, fluorescent lights, company culture is not very lively, and I pretty much was miserable here and decided to go back to school.

Advice to Management

Stick to your word and provide adequate training.

5. "Senior Client Treasury Associate"

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

Life Balance. They offer work schedule flexibility.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive and workload is too heavy.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

PTO , Food, benefits and some coworkers who share your pain.

Cons

Management attitudes, micromanagement, Stink eye method from the boss, deceiving promises.
    Pay is below national average.

Advice to Management

Please stop being rude to employees. When someone walks up to you and asks a question which actually will help them do a better job, help them. Put your attitude in your sac and forget them at the door. There is nothing so annoying but to know that management speak to their employees as nothing. This is work , respect everyone around you. The company does not belong to your father or your mother, we all want to make it a better place.
    Your attitude stinks. Stop talking to grown folks as if they were brainless. We are all colleagues regardless of the title you hold.
    Working for this company is great but individual ( departmental director managers and team lead) make it worse, stressful and less likely to want to be a part of a growing team. Cultures seems dead and Respect itself is buried.

"Field Surveyor"

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

Self Employed - be your own boss

Cons

Must know industry to succeed

Advice to Management

management is isolated from reality of field work and can not relate.

"Just a bump in the road to future opportunities."

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

Getting your foot in the door.
    Less than 1% pay increase for good performance. (Not a pro but I need 20 words).

Cons

Mismanaged and not willing to understand why employees constantly leave. Those who stay are in fear of losing their jobs. Pay equity!

"Smoke & Mirrors"

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no "best reasons" to work with York. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

They bought us out and gave out false promises of improving our technology... only to have our computers replaced with extremely slow systems. What once took 5 minutes now takes 2 HOURS OR MORE because of the programs that replaced what we had. York cares for nothing but their CEOs. They have a slogan called York Cares - bull. I call bull on that because with the poor benefits and slowly taking away everything, like benefits, and adding on more work with no concern for the health and well being of their employees. York only cares for money.

Advice to Management

Try walking in the shoes of your employees who work hard and get nothing in return. Learn how it feels to be treated like you're nothing.

"Yes. It's that bad."

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time

Pros

The perspective gained from the ability to step back and re-evaluate what is important in life when face with such onerous unrealistic work load. Yes, there is a breaking point to work-life balance.

Cons

Multiple claims systems patched together from prior acquisitions. Toxic and hostile day to day work environment.

Advice to Management

Do not allow sales associates and account managers to make unrealistic promises to clients that are impossible for the operations/claims staff to implement and achieve. Own up to company limitations or invest in updated technology to achieve the industry standard instead of doubling down on the unrealistic promises at all costs in attempt to save accounts and continue to perpetuate the cycle of ineffectiveness.