York Risk Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 357 reviews

3.2
York Risk Services Group CEO Thomas W. Warsop, III
Thomas W. Warsop, III
Pros
  • "Work life balance is of the upmost importance(in 24 reviews)

• "Flexible work environment, work from home, but still feels like my team is my family(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management leaves lower management out of the loop which affects the employees under them(in 20 reviews)

• "There are no concrete metrics which means there isn't much accountability on other adjusters(in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth, Family Environment, & Opportunities"

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with York for almost 2 years now. During my time here York has offered me opportunities for growth, welcomed my ideas and shown me a sense of "family" which is what I was hoping for. Though there have been some changes, it has challenged me in my position to stretch my abilities and use the tools I've learned here. York seems to really care about the moral and balance of the lives of their employees.

Cons

If I had to choose a "con", I would say there aren't enough offices to share the opportunities, to others searching for a company like York.

York Risk Services Group2019-04-12

York Risk Services Group Response

April 12, 2019

Thanks for sharing the love! Our associates are our most important asset. Molly, HR Team

"Good Company To work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

We were just acquired by another company and some people might lose jobs.

York Risk Services Group2019-08-29

"Just OK"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sometimes there is autonomy, sometimes not. It's great when there is.

Cons

So much turbulence in this company. Always trying to get acquired. Just got acquired by Sedgwick, so we'll see where that goes. Guessing more of the same. IT Cost Center inside of a stodgy insurance company, so not expecting any kind of vibrant tech culture.

Advice to Management

Technology matters, so stop treating your entire IT function like a contractor.

York Risk Services Group2019-09-14
  4. "Nice people, Nice place"

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Time off is AMAZING. They have perks for leaving early the day before holidays and your birthday and anniversary.

Cons

The pay is not competitive enough.

York Risk Services Group2019-08-21

"Claim Adjuster"

Current Employee - Program Benefit Coordinator/Claim Adjuster in Richmond, VA

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for a Client with state holidays off.

Cons

No growth within the company to current office or other offices.

York Risk Services Group2019-08-11

"York is a wonderful company that takes care of its employees!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Property Casualty Claims in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote working, flexible work schedules, incentives given for good work, recognition given for exceptional work, HR/Payroll/System Platforms are user friendly, York has never downsized in the 3.5 years I have worked here, opportunities for promotion are available, surveys taken quarterly to pulse check employee feedback and changes are made based upon the feedback given.

Cons

Pay and benefits could be more competitive. Communication from upper level management to middle management had been a challenge in the past but has gotten so much better in the recent months.

Advice to Management

Work to make our pay and benefits more competitive with the market

York Risk Services Group2019-07-22

"A collaborative place where results matter."

Current Employee - Manager in El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A number of the work environments foster a collaborate approach to problem solving. Even if client service requirements are rigid, creativity is encourage to clarify the best way to do things. The culture in these locations is open and transparent. Results matter. They are rewarded and recognized.

Cons

There is an opportunity to improve communication/coordination between corporate departments that overlap.

Advice to Management

Maintain continued individual accountability at all levels and places throughout the organization. Be cautious about centralizing power in non-client facing departments that do not have a direct tie to our customers.

"Good culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed workplace, can wear jeans and work remotely, progressive, management can be approachable

Cons

Need more of a unified structure

York Risk Services Group2019-07-23

"Sigh..."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager

Pros

Work remote, PTO is good.

Cons

York does not practice what it's mission statement says. Its all about the QA score, not about what you did to bring the case to closure. Expected to work TCM and FCM and held to the TCM standard. Expected to be on the phone working TCM files when you are driving down the interstate. Senior manager placed in a position she is not qualified for, when you ask a question or need help her answer is I don't know, not... I don't know but I will find out for you. Bonus plan is horrible, you never get your final numbers to know if you made bonus. If you get a bonus it will just show up on your check several months later. You have no idea what numbers they used to come up with it. You ask for your production report and you never get it, told I don't know how to get that report, never once says let me find out for you. As you can tell most of this comes from York placing a senior manager in a position that she is not qualified for, and then not following up with the staff that she supervises to see how it is working out.

Advice to Management

It's all about the QA scores, NO focus or recognition on moving cases forward. Unbelievable the amount of managers in this company but NO focus on what is really the driving force, your great employees that get the job done. NO recognition by anyone for a job well done.

York Risk Services Group2019-08-27
  10. "York as an Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Organized onboarding and HR process Sr. Leadership I trust Well organized tools and brand Good benefits

Cons

Some unorganized processes across business sectors The long tenure of teams makes change an uphill battle

Found 357 reviews