Cover image for Yotpo

Found 273 of over 276 reviews

4.1
Yotpo CEO Tomer Tagrin
Tomer Tagrin

What people are saying about Yotpo

Join the conversation on

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yotpo~860943
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great company culture

Nov 3, 2022 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues genuinely care about your well-being - Product innovation - NYC office culture is superb

Cons

- Cascading updates and information from top down

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture and vision

Nov 29, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong managerial support system for teams

Cons

Training and onboarding is not coherent

3. Join the Yotpo team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not work here twice.

Nov 9, 2022 - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m not sure. There was once some good people but most of them have left by now.

Cons

Toxic Israeli middle aged men who think they know everything.

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would not recommend working here unless you're a white man

Nov 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some kind and great people, independence to take on new programs or ideas, lots of room for growth and learning - I've probably never learned so much from a company.

Cons

I've debated writing this review for a long time and finally feel like it's time. I can't count on two hands the amount of upset women I've listened to and comforted because they were not given the promotion they'd been promised for months/years. I have never worked at a company that so clearly doesn't value their employees - it's treated like a weird family -- you get the perks the free food or whatever but I would say 90% of the people I worked with there felt significantly underpaid. For three years, they've been 'auditing' their diversity demographics and I can tell you right now, when I left, there was less than 3 Black people in our NY office -- out of a 1000 person company. There is such a strange culture of bullying that goes on here - a lot of power plays etc. They always say that Yotpo is a 'no BS' company but in my experience, that just meant putting up with a ton of misogyny and then getting backlash when I matched their energy. The majority of people that are actually promoted are American or Israeli men that spent time in the army with our cofounders. When I would interview candidates for jobs I was hiring for, I genuinely felt sick to my stomach worried about the kind of culture that I was bringing them into. You also have this culture of women putting down other women simply to try to thrive there. Employees would make up rumors about other employees saying they weren't doing their job etc. and eventually in a couple of months they'd be fired. I've never seen such a weird social experiment on misogyny in the workplace.

8 people found this review helpful

People Team

We take this incredibly seriously. While we recognize you are no longer with the company, we would welcome discussing this in depth if you ever feel comfortable reaching out to yotpo-hr@yotpo.com. We intend to treat with great care all claims of harassment and misogyny. It sounds like our team makeup has changed quite a bit since you’ve left, fortunately. This year, nearly 40% of our new hires self-identify as non-white, and we’ve moved the needle in many other areas to create the most inclusive environment for all. As always, we continue to strive to do better.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible culture and all isreali executives.

Dec 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues in the US office are great and always willing to help. - Flexibility to work from home, hybrid or at the office.

Cons

- Executives are all Isreali men who know each other from the army (a quick LinkedIn search will show you) . It's a tight group that doesn't promote any "outsiders". Mainly Isreali men/friends of executives are being prompted, whether they're competent or not. As a result there's a lack of diversity at management level and frustration with many non-isreali. - Huge disconnect between US and Tel- Aviv offices. Lacking of communication and TLV office is very removed from the business in the US. - Culture is described as "direct" which is basically an excuse to be super rude and bully people. I've seen different colleagues who got mistreated and yelled at by their bosses. Raised the issue multiple times but nothing was done.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

great

Oct 27, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership care, coworkers are great and young at all levels, learning and enablement matter

Cons

Room for compensation growth at top level

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible Management

Nov 24, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great colleagues. Paid healthcare.

Cons

Terrible management. High turn over. They push people out. Unsafe culture.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company culture

Sep 24, 2022 - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, talented people, and a solid product Great NYC office and culture

Cons

Slow career progression Lower pay / compensation

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overworked and not enough pay

Aug 21, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team and my manager are the only pros.

Cons

Over 90 accounts is the average. I had 120 at one point. No work life balance. Upper management says they are actively hiring but only hire when other CSMs leave. We’ve had 3+ CSMs leave in the last month due to work load and not enough pay. Other companies will pay more. Hiring managers are paying new hires more than tenured CSMs. Restructured pay for CSMs and said it was in the best interest of us but now I will be making $10-$15k less than what I am predicted to make this year. We will no longer be able to make commission on upsells and cross-sells next year and only work for a bonus pay that you can try to earn at the end of every quarter. Moving to a multi product vision where we will need to learn a new product but they won’t pay use what we deserve and just say it is in our best interest to learn another product for future growth. Can’t trust upper management.

6 people found this review helpful

Yotpo Response

We’re sorry to see this comment, as the changes have been met with positive feedback overall. As we took our recent changes into consideration, our goal was to ensure all employees are compensated competitively and fairly based on our new organizational structure to reflect Yotpo’s long term vision. If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to talk with your leaders about these new changes.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Cool company for growth with some cons

Aug 5, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive product in its space. High win rate on important deals. WFH policy is lenient and work culture is very casual, which is great if you are into that vibe. The prospects to whom you sell are often consumer brands, which can be fun to work with. Talented hard-working sales team that is very results oriented and high performing.

Cons

Fraternity culture dominates the sales floor. If you are not a white east coast former Greek life person it's unlikely you will fit in and be able to easily work your way up the company latter. There is definitely a slightly toxic work culture where it's very numbers driven and management is just demanding more results without really stepping in to understand what is going on.

1 person found this review helpful

Yotpo Response

Thank you for sharing all of this feedback. We agree, there are lots of very talented, hard-working team members here, and we’re lucky to have them 🤩 DEI is a continued journey for us. We’ve made significant progress in creating a more diverse workforce. Year to date, 40% of our US hires self-report as ethnically diverse. The entire US population is 52% male, 48% female. And over the last few months, a cross-functional group has formed the Nova program to address gender inequity in the industry and at Yotpo. We also aim to provide a diverse selection of team-building activities where everyone feels included. As always, we appreciate your feedback as always look to do better!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 273 Reviews
</>Embed

Yotpo Reviews FAQs

Yotpo has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 276 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Yotpo to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yotpo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yotpo. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

81% of Yotpo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yotpo 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Yotpo to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Yotpo Job Seekers