YouEarnedIt Reviews | Glassdoor

"Onward and upward!"

Current Employee - Market Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Market Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is amazing, I genuinely care about the people that I work with, and I feel connected to my company, its mission, and its values. We came into being with the purpose of creating a better workplace for ourselves and for our partners.

Management has invested in my career development. I've received lots of attention and coaching.

Being at a small, early stage startup that values transparency has taught me more about how to run a successful business than I could have ever learned at a larger company.

Unlimited PTO is great - I never feel guilty about taking time off. Goals are challenging, but realistic and attainable. Market development is a difficult field, but I've been given the tools and attention to succeed here. Leadership runs a tight ship, and at no point do I feel 'out of the loop' when it comes to developments within the business.

Cons

If you rely on rigid training and established processes, this is not going to be a good fit for you. Part of the appeal of startup work is that you are largely responsible for developing and improving processes and practices, rather than inheriting them. Everyone at the company is willing and eager to help you (it's unlike anything I've ever seen), but you have to ask for help, and you have to know what to ask for.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize culture fit during the hiring process.

2. "Inspiring Product and Brilliant Team"

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The YouEarnedIt product makes a positive difference in the lives of people all over the world at work every day. Knowing that what you do has that kind of impact helps keep everything in perspective. And when the team around you consists of the best and brightest in their fields, that's the icing on the cake. The level of professional maturity on team is remarkable and the potential growth of the company is amazing.

Cons

This is not a company for anyone who is uncomfortable with change, unable to get results, needs micromanagement, or is not able to function in a collaborative team environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people, keep your values in mind, make tough decisions when you need to and continue to focus on always getting better.

3. "Amazing people who really work to make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Awesome team member that are all committed to what we are doing and the customers that we serve. Everyone works extremely hard and thinks a lot about how to do amazing things for our customers.

Cons

Open office environment makes focus tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

Continue open communication as we grow.

"1 year down, many more to go!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I've been at YouEarnedIt for over 1 year now on their sales team and really love what I'm doing. I know our product is effective and it is so rewarding to hear customer feedback. It makes me feel good about what I'm doing. The sales team, and company as a whole, is very supportive of each other and cares about each other outside of the office as well. If I am having a problem, I know I can talk to our CEO, Autumn, or the leadership team.

Something else that is important to me in my job is that I'm always growing. If I'm not learning or being challenged, I'm going to get bored and that's not the case at YouEarnedIt!

Cons

Well, it's a start-up. There isn't always a system in place and part of my job is to improve and help build the processes for our teams. Personally I like this challenge, but there are times when it can be frustrating.
    Also, with sales and start-ups there can be a negative work-life balance and sometimes I feel this at YouEarnedIt. Everyone is working hard and no one wants to be the first person to leave for the day (...or maybe that's just me?). Either way, you have flexibility to work from home and at this time we have an unlimited vacation policy.

Advice to Management

It's cool when you see leadership recognizing people on the YouEarnedIt system. Public recognition really is powerful so don't stop doing what you're doing!

"Happily Employed"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've officially been working at YouEarnedIt for a year today! Still loving it and engaged as ever!

Cons

The workload can vary due to the small size of the company and the increase of larger clients.

"Blogger"

Current Employee - Blogger in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Blogger in Austin, TX

Pros

What I've loved about blogging for YouEarnedIt is how flexible they are when it comes to understanding and nourishing the unique environments of how one thrives. For me, creativity comes when I am MOBILE, seeing the world, exploring, and uncovering its magic. The team at YEI recognizes this need, and has been so supportive of me working from places like Germany or my recent move to L.A. from our home-base in Austin. Of course, the YEI software helps in keeping us all tightly connected. I still feel like a major contributor to the team despite not being present in the office everyday, because the team reads my blogs, suggests topics, and provides feedback on our YEI recognition feed. Apart from this, EVERYONE is so kind and ready to help in whatever way they can. Our culture truly shines in creating a harmonious team experience where everyone feels accepted as an integral part of the bigger picture.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this experience.

"One of the best startups I've worked for"

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Everyone is so great about helping each other, I have a ton of flexibility in my work hours and environment, and I really like my coworkers. It's also really fun working on a product where I hear such nice things from our customers.

Cons

Some weeks can get a little crazy, but that's life at a startup I guess.

"I have never been happier to go to work each day. The passion is just overflowing from everyone everyday. I love it."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all amazing. It feels like you are going to work with your best friends, and you all have the same mission/goal. It is very democratic, and your opinion always matters, even if you disagree with something. The leadership has a clear vision and give and takes feedback so flawlessly. Also, there is the perfect work/life balance!!

There is the perfect amount of autonomy to figure things out and do things on your own, but also, a ton of great guidance and additional resources when you need help. Everyone here has a WEALTH of knowledge to dive into.

Also, the product (YouEarnedit) we are selling TRULY helps our customers. We aren't trying to sell a dream, we are selling happiness. I absolutely love when I bring a client on board, because I am so excited for their employees to get to utilize such a great program.

Cons

Fast paced, constantly changing day-to-day environment. I personally wouldn't really say this is a con, unless you are more into the monotonous "same ole' same ole'" day-to-day type of work.

9. "Great company thought of employees!"

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time

Pros

Such a friendly environment full of great people with a lot of knowledge.

Cons

None that I can think of

10. "Work Hard, Play Hard, Make an Impact"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

YouEarnedIt is a very special family. One where everyone works hard, is opinionated and genuinely cares about you! YouEarnedIt is not the place for you if you like to do the bare minimal, have no new ideas to bring to the table, and hate being goofy or team happy hours. Everyone here is driven , passionate, collaborative, and truly believe that our platform is making a difference for companies across the globe. I love working for a CEO who I can look up to and learn from and who is extremely transparent. Our leadership is open to feedback and does not micromanage and empowers us to make decisions. Not to mention the unlimited PTO is a plus. Do not be afraid to us it, everyone does.

Cons

Right now we are growing quickly which means we are in limbo with no mid-level management. A great opportunity to learn and make decisions but excited to get a mid level manager to mentor our team even more closely so we can continue to individually grow!

Advice to Management

keep on keepin' on. Excited to grow alongside this company!