Young Living Essential Oils Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 213 reviews

3.6
Young Living Essential Oils CEO Mary Young
Mary Young
Pros
  • "Employee benefits are great, get the free product through monthly employee points-- Also employees get 50-70% discount on the products(in 33 reviews)

• "They take care of you and offer you a lot of great benefits(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Chaotic initiatives driven by reactive upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Unsafe information shared by company and distributors(in 8 reviews)

1. "Good people, good culture, great benefits"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Spanish Fork, UT

I have been working at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, a lot of opportunity for growth in the company and willingness to reach out to co-workers. Very friendly/family oriented company.

Cons

Give employees more opportunity to contribute to the workings of the company rather than top down format

Young Living Essential Oils2019-05-16
  2. "Fun Company"

Current Employee - Product Development Specialist in Lehi, UT

Pros

I have made great friendships with my coworkers and I enjoy coming to work everyday. The new building has a really great gym facility and cafeteria.

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect with upper management when it comes to product timelines.

Advice to Management

Understand the full development process.

Young Living Essential Oils2019-05-16
  3. "YL"

Current Employee - Conduct Success Advocate in Lehi, UT

Pros

Giving back, community involvement, nice people with great team support

Cons

salary was low compare to market value, only okay benefits, not much schedule flexibility, policies keep on changing

Advice to Management

be consistent and have a clear direction of where they want to go

Young Living Essential Oils2019-05-08
  4. "Half-Decent"

Former Employee - Knowledge Base Administrative in American Fork, UT

I worked at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Free products (if you’re in to that) -Possible flexible hours -Good work atmosphere

Cons

-Pay is not competitive -No path for growth in the company -Little to no direction from top managers or corporate

Advice to Management

Management should have a vision of the future and be able to pass that on to employees and help them see their part in that future. Right now management does not have a clear idea if the future and therefore does not know who is going to help them get there.

Young Living Essential Oils2019-05-06

"Dont expect a raise"

Former Employee - Shipping Lead in Spanish Fork, UT

I worked at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great Coworkers Simple but demanding work Assignment Diversity Benefits Holiday gifts Small bonuses (nothing to write home about) Work is monotonous so it's easy to zone out while listening to music or an audiobook

Cons

Some members of leadership are lazy, with the exception of poor attendance it feels like the lazy associates/ leads / trainers have to try to get terminated or quit out of boredom. Base pay in the shipping department varies from $12 -$14 an hour. Some senior (and I use that term loosely as hardly anyone makes it past 2 or 3 years) members of leadership make less than a dollar more than employees that just started yesterday....

Advice to Management

Compensate associates accordingly. An associate that knows the ins and outs, can operate machinery, and shows exceptional leadership skills shouldnt be making as little as the guy that started yesterday. Stop screwing associates out of yearly merits through shady practices. An associate with multiple years of experience in your warehouse is more valuable than the person that looks good on paper

Young Living Essential Oils2019-03-31

April 29, 2019Global Talent Manager

Young Living offers bonuses, merits, and promotions throughout the year and has had great success with this process. While the work my be repetitive at times, we strive on creating a good culture and environment for all YL employees. We offer many perks to make work fun and opportunities ...

6. "A company with heart and a mission to help others."

Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Galveston, TX

I have been working at Young Living Essential Oils part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

YL is a wonderful company to join. The support, information and help you receive is tremendous. I love this company and what they represent. I see myself here for a very long time. There are great growth opportunities, as well as a great pay structure. You get to work with great upline that is there to answer questions and help with training. You are part of something great, whether you choose to be a customer or...

Cons

If you choose Young Living as a business, treat it as such. Love what you do, learn as much as you can and share with others. You get what you give to your growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellence going!

Young Living Essential Oils2019-03-15

"Umm... Just don't"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Lehi, UT

I worked at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Young Living attracts a lot of good people so chances are you'll be on an awesome team. Plus you have the potential for a bit of free product.

Cons

The members run Young Living. Therefore, the upper management has more focus and care for their own image and numbers than they do for anyone who works under them. There's a huge turnover rate from the stresses this brings. You'll probably get on a good team but it'll change crazy fast. Very little chance of moving up in the company or to other teams if you don't happen to like the management of the team you're on.

Advice to Management

You know, care for the people who work under you. They're the ones making you look good and getting you those numbers you so highly covet.

Young Living Essential Oils2019-03-26

March 28, 2019Global Talent Manager

I’m so sorry you see it this way. Young Living really commits to a lucrative internal promotion from within model, for our top performers. Numerous people on our Creative team, and even the Director our Graphic Designers report to, started from the bottom and worked their way up! ...

8. "Passion Beyond Measure"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Highly Passionate Executives Visionary Leadership Highly Efficacious Products Seed to Seal Commitment to Consumers Employees Who Want to Win

Cons

Communication Between Departments Employees Do Not Understand the Entire Vision Move so Fast that Strategy Sometimes Lacks

Advice to Management

Slow Down to Speed Up

Young Living Essential Oils2019-03-15

March 18, 2019Manager

Thanks for the feedback!

9. "Empowering Individuals to Succeed"

Current Employee - Director of New Market Development in Lehi, UT

Pros

Young Living is a vibrant company with many talented and passionate individuals. People genuinely strive to do there best to help others succeed. There is a very collaborative culture, which is positive and infectious. Member focused and value what our members contribute to YL in a true partnership.

Cons

Fast growing, and with fast growth, some processes are not as efficient and stream lined, which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to think globally striving to improve inefficiencies . Continue to partner with your lower level managers and directors on initiatives and strategy to avoid over committing resources and ensure we continue to deliver to our customers and employees expectations.

Young Living Essential Oils2019-03-12

March 18, 2019Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review, we appreciate it!

10. "Toxic"

Former Employee - Member Services

I worked at Young Living Essential Oils full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- There are some great people who work there - They feed you sometimes - The starting pay is a little above average

Cons

- I recently talked to management about rumors that there would be lay-offs. They denied them...and shortly thereafter they laid off a good handful of high performing employees - The company is expanding too quickly and is headed for financial instability - Very bureaucratic structure - A lot of the corporate executives lack business acumen and are there because they, with the founders, believe essential oils are God's...

Advice to Management

- This is a nearly 2 billion dollar mom and pop shop, when will it start running like an actual business? - Put the business needs before your own personal interests. (Don't partner with a CBD Oil company just because Jared Turner owns half of it) - Run this like a business not like a cult.

Young Living Essential Oils2019-04-16