KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 3, 2021

3.5
Young Living Essential Oils CEO Mary Young
Mary Young
Pros
  • "Awesome people, great benefits, amazing building(in 22 reviews)

• "Great products, everyone around is very friendly(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There seems to be a disconnect with upper management when it comes to product timelines(in 15 reviews)

• "Top distributors can be demanding(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Nice

Apr 14, 2021 - Team Member Agent Aspirant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good place to work at

Cons

Time management and no growth

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing...but not perfect

May 30, 2021 - Senior Content & Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, Young Living is an amazing company to work for. Management actively cultivates a supportive culture and provides pay, benefits, perks, and space that show that they believe in the people they hire and want them to be happy. Mary, the CEO and co-founder, is an inspiration to everyone.

Cons

During my almost three years at Young Living, I worked on three different teams, and the quality of each team's leadership varied greatly, from the best I've experienced in my career to the worst. Although belief in the company's mission was never in short supply among my supervisors, the inconsistency in their management styles was disconcerting to me. I strive to adapt to any management style, but I was stretched too thin.

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your employment at Young Living. It's encouraging to hear that you appreciated our pay, benefits, perks, and our wonderful CEO, Mary. Regarding your concerns, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts related to inconsistency in management styles. I am happy to share that our Learning and Development team is always working to improve best practice sharing across the company. Thank you for your positivity and feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

3. 5.0

LOVED WORKING THERE

Jun 3, 2021 - Customer Service Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked full-time taking the graveyard shift from 3pm-2am. It was really good cause I stood there packing orders for hours and also did other things around the warehouse too. They provided a safe lunch area along with good people to keep you entertained while being at work.

Cons

The only downfall to this job was the people and how serious they took their job. It was a competition being there at work and some of the employees weren’t always liked by others.

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Hello, and thank you for your review! We appreciate your dedication in working the graveyard shift, and for your efforts in standing to pack orders for our members. It sounds like you also enjoyed working with your peers, and that the environment was positive overall! The downfalls you shared are understandable, and I can see where this could feel frustrating. I will share your concerns with the team, thank you for your feedback!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jun 2, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent hours and great pay

Cons

management can be overbearing at times

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's wonderful to hear that you appreciated the hours you worked, as well as the pay. We agree, these are wonderful benefits of working with our Member Services team! We will share your comments regarding management with the Member Services leaders. Thanks again for your review!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leader

Jun 1, 2021 - Silver Leader in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

takes a long time to get there

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Thanks for sharing this review, and for being a valued member of Young Living!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Look somewhere else

Feb 21, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free young living products each month.

Cons

They fired almost all of the Executive team, people are getting fired left and right and even though they have made some really good changes to get customer satisfaction up and product out in a timely manner they are continuing to make unnecessary changes that are effecting company culture. The company used to have a very relaxed and welcoming feeling, now you feel like you have to watch your back or you will be next... They spy on employees, (mic is always hot) and record your screen. they have a team just to watch this and fire people if someone says something they do not like even if you are not on with a member and you are just saying something under your breath... their expectations of what you say and don't say is insane and the expectation to follow script is very unrealistic... the new culture is not something I like being apart of... They also hired a bunch of people during covid and promised that everyone would work from home from now on. then when a new director was hired they told us we could not work remote anymore. They do not keep their word.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Thank you for this review, and for taking the time to share your thoughts. The advice to management has been shared with our Member Services leadership team. I appreciate the level of detail you provided in your review, it will be helpful in discussing this with them.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great atmosphere

Mar 31, 2021 - Member Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment, clear expectations and feedback. They have a team atmosphere that helps you to feel connected. They try to accommodate employee needs. They have a lot more support for member services and make the job achievable without being burnt out (which I have heard is not common for call centers). They have WONDERFUL benefits, even for part time (not medical but paid holidays, PTO and products). I've never had a part time job that offered paid holidays or PTO so it is a pretty sweet deal!

Cons

Things can change quickly so you need to be able to adjust. There are a lot of details to learn and remember for an entry level position.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love the People, not the Company

Apr 1, 2021 - Global Sales Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The co-workers are amazing! I have made so many friends from working here. The benefits are good.

Cons

The company seems to be constantly changing their minds about policies, procedures, rules, etc. for not only their employees but also their customers. This makes it hard to make forward progress because things are constantly changing at the last minute, and pre-planning rarely occurs. There have been a lot of broken promises, and people going against their word causing stressful work situations and a feeling of not being needed or wanted for the company. Inter-departmental communication is lacking and overall organization of projects is rocky. I have been in many different departments in this company and have seen these issues over and over again.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t waste your time - they will waste yours

May 22, 2021 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s the only job I could find in a short period of time that offered full benefits. Was looking forward to tuition reimbursement before they forced me out. It’s so toxic here that none of the “pros” even matter. For the same pay you could work in food service and at least get a free meal out of it and not have people screaming at you on the phone for an hour at a time.

Cons

Every week a new rule came up with no announcement, you would just get a 0% on your call grade and they wouldn’t even tell you beforehand that something was changing or had changed. Completely in the dark on what’s going on until it’s too late. A lot of time the members know things before employees???? Insane. They took away employee bonuses and recognition, completely dissolved our culture and engagement department and never put anything else in place. CLEARLY they do not care about their own employees anymore. It’s all about cutting corners and saving every penny they can, and working the phone agents to death. Worst communication I have ever experienced in any job I’ve had in the last 11 years!!! I’m not even certain there is a dedicated comm team... I would be shocked if there is one because there is almost no communication, you basically have to go searching on your own for updates every single day and hope you can even find them. You can’t get promoted unless you’re BFFs with someone in management already and lick their boots from day 1. I’ve seen phone agents doing the work for the team leads and not getting paid any different for it. They exploit everyone at entry level so they can gossip and snack all day. Extremely toxic environment. I saw so many people quit for their mental health alone. I opened up about my disability and from that point on I was ridiculed and critiqued extremely hard on my calls, before that I was acing my calls at 100%.... HR had no compassion whatsoever and I felt they forced me to quit.

Sr. Manager, Employee Experience

Hello, and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate the time you were able to spend with our Customer Service team, this group of employees is so crucial to our business! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a job quickly when you needed one. We do offer full benefits on day 1 of employment, as well as tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. I'm sorry to hear that you dealt with some difficult customers when taking calls, this is rough! Regarding the concerns you shared, I read over your entire comment, and I appreciate the time you spent outlining your experiences. I will share your feedback regarding the quality reviews, bonuses, communication, career development, and HR with the Customer Service leadership team. Thank you for your candid words, the feedback is genuinely appreciated.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great environment

May 13, 2021 - Costumer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, management, perks and community.

Cons

The only con was the not promoting from within the company but outside.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 351 Reviews